Hull KR

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Hull KR

Post by the machine » 11 Sep 2021, 22:16

tigerfeat wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 21:58
the machine wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 21:39 See the usual criticism of Clare is here after a loss but no mention of Olpherts who has been absolutely garbage tonight

Evalds can come away with some credit but that's probably it from our backline

Foster,Matagi and Hepi looked impactful off the bench
Olpherts is a rank average player he's redeemed himself because of the meters he makes in his own half he should be nowhere near the first team next season Clare as everybody knows is paceless that's why id have given Qareqare a start don't know if he's injured or not there's a chance he could have made something tonight on that wing
He's just not an attacking threat,should be barging over the line with his size
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 Sep 2021, 22:26

tigerfeat wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 22:15 That's what [REMOVED] people off about our game we have officials who think there gods gift and can never be wrong... to not go to the video ref with the ball bouncing around like that was disgraceful
And yet when a try is clear as they come they go to video all the time. Clear he wanted KR to win that one

CHTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CHTiger » 11 Sep 2021, 22:28

the machine wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 22:16
tigerfeat wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 21:58
the machine wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 21:39 See the usual criticism of Clare is here after a loss but no mention of Olpherts who has been absolutely garbage tonight

Evalds can come away with some credit but that's probably it from our backline

Foster,Matagi and Hepi looked impactful off the bench
Olpherts is a rank average player he's redeemed himself because of the meters he makes in his own half he should be nowhere near the first team next season Clare as everybody knows is paceless that's why id have given Qareqare a start don't know if he's injured or not there's a chance he could have made something tonight on that wing
He's just not an attacking threat,should be barging over the line with his size
Olpherts worst player in our team I have said it time and time again

derkster
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by derkster » 11 Sep 2021, 22:37

What did Powell say after the match?

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 11 Sep 2021, 22:40

derkster wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 22:37 What did Powell say after the match?
Pretty much said KR were better and deserved the win
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

derkster
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by derkster » 11 Sep 2021, 22:53

Not what his face said when he gave the try. I know they get fined for speaking their minds but something needed saying about the referees performance, they shouldn't be untouchable.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 Sep 2021, 23:02

most refs would have gone o the screen for what i thought was a knock on, was i wrong too late now game to HKR lets move on

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 11 Sep 2021, 23:03

derkster wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 22:53 Not what his face said when he gave the try. I know they get fined for speaking their minds but something needed saying about the referees performance, they shouldn't be untouchable.
He said that is should have gone to the screen but also made it clear that wasn't the reason we lost

Michael Jordan

Horsifer

Post by Horsifer » 11 Sep 2021, 23:29

Stokesey wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 22:10 That game turned on child's not going to the video ref. Cas in full control, no blame on players. Blame absolute joke of a ref
100% correct. The dignity and respect that rugby league referees once held has long gone. Yes, it's a difficult job that takes a strong resolve, but the referee was close to the error and in line with it, yet he held his ear piece, as if listening to someone who was further away than him. The awarding of the try was a disgrace.
Hold firm, have faith. #COYF

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Sep 2021, 23:37

Horsifer wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 23:29
Stokesey wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 22:10 That game turned on child's not going to the video ref. Cas in full control, no blame on players. Blame absolute joke of a ref
100% correct. The dignity and respect that rugby league referees once held has long gone. Yes, it's a difficult job that takes a strong resolve, but the referee was close to the error and in line with it, yet he held his ear piece, as if listening to someone who was further away than him. The awarding of the try was a disgrace.
The awarding of the try was Dam right arrogant.
You could see it in his smug face.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 11 Sep 2021, 23:37

If he’d have sent it up as a try and gone to screen it would have been given anyway. That was a game we were in charge of even though we weren’t particularly playing well but we blew it. Our fault, nobody else’s I’m afraid. Thought Evalds, Milner and Shenton were excellent for us. Far too many errors and we need to get our first choice wingers available next season because the two we have on show at minute aren’t super league standard in my opinion. Both give 100%, Sticks usually pretty solid and reliable, Olpherts outstanding out of back play and a heart like a lion but unfortunately that on its own doesn’t cut it at this level. I still think we’ll make the six because I think we’ll win next week but can’t see us getting any further.

derkster
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by derkster » 12 Sep 2021, 00:13

Shenton who didn't even compete a short drop out, Shenton who probably made 50 metrres side ways all game. He made one good tackle all match and was lucky to off load for a try when he took the wrong option

Stokesey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Stokesey » 12 Sep 2021, 00:22

daytona wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 23:37 If he’d have sent it up as a try and gone to screen it would have been given anyway. That was a game we were in charge of even though we weren’t particularly playing well but we blew it. Our fault, nobody else’s I’m afraid. Thought Evalds, Milner and Shenton were excellent for us. Far too many errors and we need to get our first choice wingers available next season because the two we have on show at minute aren’t super league standard in my opinion. Both give 100%, Sticks usually pretty solid and reliable, Olpherts outstanding out of back play and a heart like a lion but unfortunately that on its own doesn’t cut it at this level. I still think we’ll make the six because I think we’ll win next week but can’t see us getting any further.
Why do you say it would have been given? It was blatant knock on from his right hand. It then gave them the momentum, that they drastically needed at a time when cas were well in control of the game

tykeneil
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tykeneil » 12 Sep 2021, 08:10

Awful decision but for the RFL to justify - Child looked unsure, checked with his touch judges (one of whom was Hicks). If he had gone upstairs to Kendall who would have looked it it for 3/4 minutes and come back with an "inconclusive" decision.!!!

It was a massive momentum swing but overall we were 2nd best. May have just given us a bit more to play with

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Sep 2021, 08:45

daytona wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 23:37 If he’d have sent it up as a try and gone to screen it would have been given anyway. That was a game we were in charge of even though we weren’t particularly playing well but we blew it. Our fault, nobody else’s I’m afraid. Thought Evalds, Milner and Shenton were excellent for us. Far too many errors and we need to get our first choice wingers available next season because the two we have on show at minute aren’t super league standard in my opinion. Both give 100%, Sticks usually pretty solid and reliable, Olpherts outstanding out of back play and a heart like a lion but unfortunately that on its own doesn’t cut it at this level. I still think we’ll make the six because I think we’ll win next week but can’t see us getting any further.
Evalds is a class act he stands out like a sore thumb in are attack hopefully Trueman comes back better than ever next season and with Evalds Trueman and Macca in the spine Radford will have a chance of success
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Sep 2021, 09:15

this match should have not been important if we had won a couple more games at home games on paper were easy points

tykeneil
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tykeneil » 12 Sep 2021, 09:22

gateman wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 09:15 this match should have not been important if we had won a couple more games at home games on paper were easy points
Hull KR at home and 14-0 up

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Sep 2021, 09:32

How long did Oneill stay on I saw him come on didn't notice him much after that ...maybe my dodgy eyes
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Sep 2021, 09:38

As regards the “try” from Parcell, if the ref sees it touch the right hand he sends it up as “no try” because the knock on was the reasonable choice.
The only explanation is he doesn’t see it touch the right hand, neither did the other officials.
No doubt in my mind cost us the win, regardless of what Powell said, being diplomatic.
Smith commented on “a couple of breaks” in their favour.

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 12 Sep 2021, 09:52

Well now we know why they moved the Wire game and also why Child didnt use the VR.

Sky and SL have manufactured two sudden death games for the telly next week

Rugby league is now sporting entertainment on the same level as American wrestling