Grant Millington

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Grant Millington

Post by Fumper27 » 27 Aug 2021, 17:20

Has announced his retirement:

https://www.castlefordtigers.com/mobile ... hp?id=7601

Will be up there in most people’s top 2 or 3 of our greatest imports ever. For me, he’s #1

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Grant Millington

Post by old cas lass » 27 Aug 2021, 17:25

Been a pleasure watching him for the past 10 years.
Wish Him all the best in What ever his future holds for him.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 27 Aug 2021, 17:28

I always felt more optimistic about our chances when his name was on the team sheet.

Top player. Top bloke.

Wishing Grant & his family all the very best with their future post the Tigers.

Abdul Mohammed
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Abdul Mohammed » 27 Aug 2021, 17:32

What a player what a man. Up there with our greatest overseas players like Vowlesy and Nikau. Thank you Millo.

Six again
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Six again » 27 Aug 2021, 17:37

SuffolkTiger wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 17:28 I always felt more optimistic about our chances when his name was on the team sheet.

Top player. Top bloke.

Wishing Grant & his family all the very best with their future post the Tigers.
Look if we are talking realism over optimism it’s gonna be a very tough ask to lift the trophy at old Trafford but out of every player / coach / member of staff in general that’s leaving come the end of the year there is no one I would be happier for than this bloke.

True Legend of the club, thanks for everything Grant! :clap:

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 27 Aug 2021, 17:37

Been an absolute fantastic bloke for the club, on and off the field. Always gave 100%. He’s become one of our own. Let’s hope we can give him a great send off. For me, our best ever import.

Wishing you and your family the very best for the future, Grant. Top bloke!

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 27 Aug 2021, 17:41

One player I wish we had a time machine for. Been a great servant, wish him all the best for the future.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 27 Aug 2021, 17:47

we feel honoured to have seen Grant play, best wishes for you & your family in your next phase of life Grant & thanks for the memories, one of the best!!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Aug 2021, 17:52

Milo has won us loads of games and as been a big part of our Cas tigers, all the best what ever you do

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 27 Aug 2021, 18:16

There are some players as people said where I wish we could stop time for them. Would have been successful anytime for us, he also bridged the reduced interchanges and made that adjustment.

Can only echo what was previously mentioned, no overseas player made more appearances and few made the impact around the place.

With all our best wishes he goes, I wish for him and a few others of the squad we could have landed one of the big prizes for them.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 27 Aug 2021, 18:59

One of the best overseas players we’ve ever had, simple as that. Mixed toughness with bags of skill, how many players have won man of the match awards at prop, second row and stand off?! He’s a legend of this club whether he wants to admit it or not. Thanks for everything Grant and good luck for the future.

GlasgowTiger63

Post by GlasgowTiger63 » 27 Aug 2021, 19:30

Thanks Grant for being loyal, committed & a true legend who played for the jersey & not necessarily the dosh. One of my 3 top overseas imports alongside Fritzy & Vowelsy. Thanks again big man & safe journey to you & the family when you eventually head back home

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 27 Aug 2021, 21:13

Millo is a stand-off in a prop's body.
If you watch him during a game he is not only doing a prop's job by running the ball in and doing his share of tackling, but also constantly organising his team mates in defence and attack.
in his best years ( especially 2017) he has been our most influential forward,
It's no coincidence that since we always look a better team with Millo on the field.

In short, Millington has been one of the best overseas signings we have ever had.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Aug 2021, 23:56

orrsome wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 21:13 Millo is a stand-off in a prop's body.
If you watch him during a game he is not only doing a prop's job by running the ball in and doing his share of tackling, but also constantly organising his team mates in defence and attack.
in his best years ( especially 2017) he has been our most influential forward,
It's no coincidence that since we always look a better team with Millo on the field.

In short, Millington has been one of the best overseas signings we have ever had.
well said mate much better than the post i posted i have the same feelings

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 28 Aug 2021, 06:57

Millo has without doubt been the best Aussie for service and playing ability we have had at Cas. He never gives less than 100% whenever he is on the field, at times he has resembled a mummy with so many bandages on. His skills are second to none and he is a born leader. It would be a fitting end to his career at Cas if he was to be inducted into the Legends, he fully deserves it.
Thanks Grant for all you done at Cas and the pleasure you have given me watching you play, all the best for the future.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 28 Aug 2021, 09:35

To have come over when he did in 2012, to the mess we were in, under Millward's reign, you'd have been forgiven for him packing up after a year or 2 and getting the hell out of there. For an over seas player to do a decade at one club is unheard of and trust me, he could have gone back to the NRL at any point after them first few years, but decided to tough it out, thus becoming a club legend in the process. I cannot think of another player in my time supporting Cas (25 year) that has put their body on the line, more regularly than this guy. Sad to see him leave not just as a player, but a bloke who I have gotten to know over the last few years. I don't know how you replace a player like Milo, maybe you can't and maybe we won't.

Altofts tiger25
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Altofts tiger25 » 28 Aug 2021, 09:42

When he is playing he is worth the entrance fee alone, he is a major part evolution this past decade, hope we honour his service by continuing to evolve after he leaves us.
Great timing too, gives more motivation to the team in a final push to get him a ring at O.T

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 28 Aug 2021, 11:38

Well you guys have said it all about Grant and the word Legend fits him to a tee.

If anyone has any sense darnt lane they will be using videos of GM as a training aid for the academy lads upwards for years to come,

GM is a real role model for all the aussies wanting to play in the UK.

I wish the lad all the best for the future and feel honoured to have had him adopt the club and town in the way he has done.

Thank You Mr Millington

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 28 Aug 2021, 14:39

I was once lucky enough to sit by the side of Trent Robinson on a flight when he was coach of Catalans (can't remember the year, but it was when Catalans had just beaten Sts away, maybe 2013?)
He was happy to spend the whole journey discussing RL and particularly Aussie players in SL.
I remember he singled out Millington as a very good acquisition. He described Grant as a loyal club man who can do the tough stuff, but also a good ball handling forward.
Millo was injured at the time so I don't think we appreciated what we had, but boy has he proved to be an excellent signing!
If only we could find another.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 29 Aug 2021, 23:04

I enjoyed reading what he said about sacrifices and how they matter less for the group. Reminds me a bit of Steve Crouch actually in a lot of ways, humble, tough and just knew the game.

He decamped his growing/ young family half way round the world to, well, Cas. It’s not Bondi or Melbourne is it!
Great bloke and a great player,