Virat Kohli

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Virat Kohli

Post by mdean » 24 Aug 2021, 23:33

Just read the piece on the BBC about the verbal visticuffs between India and England in the stick ball.

Really like no one moaned, blamed or anything. Took the lot, both teams on the chin and go again. Think there is something in that. Kohli the statesman absorbing it all.

Cricket is stealing a March for the ‘fancy a beer evening out’ fan, they’re adapting and getting on all tele, not just the subscription dish.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Virat Kohli

Post by mart0042 » 25 Aug 2021, 10:06

I was surprised with the sledging, it was pretty unsavoury. Not something I attributed to the Indians, I thought it was an ashes thing.

I kind of of accept it in contact sport but cricket doesn't seem right.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Aug 2021, 10:44

Kohlis toughened the Indians up they used to be a soft touch outside of there home grounds
I'm not surprised he had a go at Anderson who was complaining about been worked over by the Indian quickies
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 25 Aug 2021, 11:13

I played cricket for many years and had my fair share of 'sledging'. Rarely did it affect my game but if I got it, they got it back 10 fold.

I'm not surprised Anderson had a going over as I recall a report on a Yorks V Lancs second Xl game that Anderson played in as part of his recovery from an injury. The reporter wasn't best pleased with Anderson's antics of having a go at 18/19 year old lads trying to make a start at senior level. Apparently he verbally abused them, used bouncers and was just trying to bully them. Not necessary from England's leading wicket taker but as said, if he wants to give it, he's going to have to wear a few in return.

On the other side, Kohli has always has an air of arrogance about him, often looking a bowlers with a "how dare you get me out" expression. He certainly doesn't like it up him as Corporal Jones would say.

Just let the bat and ball do the talking...

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Aug 2021, 11:35

Anderson doing that this morning ...perfect time to be a bowler at Headingley overcast and the ball moving about
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 25 Aug 2021, 13:45

Atherton and Bumble just mentioned Mick Morgan and Castleford on the test commentary.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 25 Aug 2021, 15:59

tigerfeat wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 11:35 Anderson doing that this morning ...perfect time to be a bowler at Headingley overcast and the ball moving about
That's how you respond and shut the opponents up!
cogito ergo sum wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 13:45 Atherton and Bumble just mentioned Mick Morgan and Castleford on the test commentary.
Did they quote the infamous "I can't spake"?

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 26 Aug 2021, 16:12

FIat Capper wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 15:59
tigerfeat wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 11:35 Anderson doing that this morning ...perfect time to be a bowler at Headingley overcast and the ball moving about
That's how you respond and shut the opponents up!
cogito ergo sum wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 13:45 Atherton and Bumble just mentioned Mick Morgan and Castleford on the test commentary.
Did they quote the infamous "I can't spake"?
Yes! Bumble implied that he knew him, because Athers mentioned a commentator doing a Castleford match and Bumble immediately said “Mick Morgan”.