2 new appointments on the coaching team.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

2 new appointments on the coaching team.

Post by old cas lass » 23 Aug 2021, 17:14

https://castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=7591

Can’t say I’ve heard of them.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: 2 new appointments on the coaching team.

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Aug 2021, 17:19

Me neither

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 23 Aug 2021, 17:35

sounds very positive & with more coaching appointments to come, well done cas

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Aug 2021, 18:29

All sounds like positive steps to me. I particularly like this statement from Radford;

“One of the things I wanted to do moving forward was to put a lot of emphasis on our youth and youth development. With earlier in the year Cas not being given an elite licence, there is a need to grow there and that will be hugely important.“

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 23 Aug 2021, 21:20

Right. Leads me in nicely does this. Regarding young players. Compared to recent years Cas need to move forward on developing the more promising youth players. Work hard to build relationships and loan them out like other top teams do. Stop holding them back to act as training manikins! Let the more physically and capable youth players come up against men in the Champ or League 1. Stop being selfish and develop the individual players. Who cares how many academy games you win? Assist these players to become key assets of the club for many years to come. There are younger players at other clubs currently loaned out who are at best on a par to what we have got. Those clubs don’t care about academy wins they care about becoming the best of the rest in the future! Please Mr Radford and crew use your connections at such as Donny (Horny) etc to test and enhance our better players.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Aug 2021, 23:47

Let’s talk sense wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 21:20 Right. Leads me in nicely does this. Regarding young players. Compared to recent years Cas need to move forward on developing the more promising youth players. Work hard to build relationships and loan them out like other top teams do. Stop holding them back to act as training manikins! Let the more physically and capable youth players come up against men in the Champ or League 1. Stop being selfish and develop the individual players. Who cares how many academy games you win? Assist these players to become key assets of the club for many years to come. There are younger players at other clubs currently loaned out who are at best on a par to what we have got. Those clubs don’t care about academy wins they care about becoming the best of the rest in the future! Please Mr Radford and crew use your connections at such as Donny (Horny) etc to test and enhance our better players.
Great post. Academy wins mean naff all if when the lads then move into open age they are out of their depth. An elite academy means developing players to be super league ready, not winning academy games. You can win the academy league every year but if none of those players go on to have SL careers then it’s all for nowt.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 24 Aug 2021, 01:05

"Two VERY good appointments there👌🏼"

Paul Sculthorpe's comment on the signings from his twitter account
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Aug 2021, 08:54

Shenny was doing the traing drills before kick off on Saturday wonder if he will be added to the coaching team when he calls it a day on playing
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Aug 2021, 09:59

derbystiger wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 23:47
Let’s talk sense wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 21:20 Right. Leads me in nicely does this. Regarding young players. Compared to recent years Cas need to move forward on developing the more promising youth players. Work hard to build relationships and loan them out like other top teams do. Stop holding them back to act as training manikins! Let the more physically and capable youth players come up against men in the Champ or League 1. Stop being selfish and develop the individual players. Who cares how many academy games you win? Assist these players to become key assets of the club for many years to come. There are younger players at other clubs currently loaned out who are at best on a par to what we have got. Those clubs don’t care about academy wins they care about becoming the best of the rest in the future! Please Mr Radford and crew use your connections at such as Donny (Horny) etc to test and enhance our better players.
Great post. Academy wins mean naff all if when the lads then move into open age they are out of their depth. An elite academy means developing players to be super league ready, not winning academy games. You can win the academy league every year but if none of those players go on to have SL careers then it’s all for nowt.
But there is a direct link between those that win the Academy Grand Final each year (Wigan, Saints) and those that produce the most SL ready players.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 24 Aug 2021, 10:10

Sounds like 2 good appointments. Certainly expanding the development aswell as the junior and amateur game is a must. 2 new positions that Cas didn't have.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 24 Aug 2021, 12:26

Fumper27 wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 09:59 But there is a direct link between those that win the Academy Grand Final each year (Wigan, Saints) and those that produce the most SL ready players.
I suppose so but why do they? They do both seem to loan more young lads out to lower league clubs to give them game time against men. Also, both Wigan and Saints youngsters look a lot more physically developed than our young lads. Is that due to facilities? Training methods? Better ‘supplements’? The other thing I notice when those clubs put players into the first team is that they seem to slot straight in - ie, they are coached to the same structures in the academy as the first team.

Anyway, it does look like we are putting steps in to improve and place a big importance on the academy structure and its relationship with first team. Doing a little research it also seems like the 2 new appointments are very well respected by a lot of people in the game so, here’s to moving forward into a new era for Cas. I’m looking forward to seeing how everything gels.

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 24 Aug 2021, 12:26

Good moving forward for the youth off the club getting better coaching staff. But think still find it hard to attract the top crop youngsters from area we facilities being so bad to move forward def need to address this