2 more years for Milner

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

2 more years for Milner

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Aug 2021, 19:14

Castleford Tigers are delighted to confirm that #ONECLUB man Adam Milner has signed a new two-year contract extension with the club!

The 29-year-old who is contracted with Cas until the end of the 2023 season came through the Tigers Academy before making his senior debut in Super League in July 2010, and over the decade that has followed he has consistently been a strong part of the Cas team.

An England international, he has made over 250 appearances in the top-flight, featured in a Challenge Cup Final and a Grand Final, as well as lifting the League Leaders’ Shield. 2021 has also been the Tigers #13’s testimonial season in recognition of his outstanding service to the Fords.

Proudly sponsored by AJ Glassfibre again in 2022, Adam is delighted to be extending his time with the only club he has ever played his professional rugby for.

“I’m buzzing to finally get my deal sorted,” Milner told castlefordtigers.com.

“To remain a #ONECLUB man, which I really pride myself on, is a proud moment for myself and to get another two years at this fantastic club is something I hold really highly.

“I’m excited for what’s to come!”

Daryl Powell has been hugely important to Milner’s progression as a player over the past eight years and with the current Castleford Head Coach leaving the club at the end of the 2021 season, Adam wants to finish this chapter on a high note.

“He has taken my game to the next level, it’s not always been plain sailing with him we’ve had our battles which he would probably say himself, but as a coach, there are not many coaches who can get the ultimate best out of your rugby career and I’m thankful for what he has done for me.

“In 2018 I got to represent my country which he had a massive helping hand in, along with him fellow coaching staff Ryan Sheridan and Danny Orr at the time, they did too. Everyone at this club has helped to get me to where I am.”

In 2022 Castleford will begin a new era under Lee Radford who will become the club’s Head Coach, and Milner is eager to work with the new Tigers boss.

“It excites me, we’re getting a new coach in Lee who will bring new, fresh ideas in. I’m looking forward to it.”

In a message to the Fords faithful, Milner expressed his thanks for the support over the last decade.

“The fans have been absolutely awesome; they’ve always supported me and to hear them in the Wheldon Road End when they really get behind the boys is spinetingling. They’ve been sadly missed in the lockdown, and we can’t wait to get them back roaring.”

Speaking about Milner’s extension Daryl Powell said: “Adam has been a great servant to the club and in my time at Cas, he has grown to be an international player, and he would want to do more of that. Hopefully, he can continue to grow.

“Anyone who makes it to a testimonial at a club has done an awesome job, and he is a quality player but also a great bloke. I’m really pleased for both him and the club that he’ll be staying longer.”

Castleford Tigers Head Coach from 2022 Lee Radford is looking forward to having Milner in his squad for next season and commented on the news saying: “Adam has been a stalwart for Castleford for the last couple of years, a really important piece of the jigsaw. A local lad who is ingrained in the club by coming through the ranks.

“It was a terrific achievement for him to reach 250 top-flight games, and hopefully he’s got plenty left in him as well. I’m really looking forward to getting to work with him
.”

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: 2 more years for Milner

Post by LeagueLeaders » 16 Aug 2021, 19:30

Didn't expect this tbh. In poor form imo, not our best 9 or 13 (even further down the pecking order with Westerman coming in) and wouldn't see him as a Radford type player

Big Shug
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Big Shug » 16 Aug 2021, 19:32

Queue the Milner haters. He’s too small, he’s a penalty machine, he’s never a loose forward.
Good luck Adam best of luck in your new contract.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Aug 2021, 19:36

The forward market is a struggle at the moment. Many sides trying to recruit props and not getting anywhere. Think I read that a few sides are after middles. Think this suggests someone like Massey will play at prop next year or even Westerman doing so. I'm sure Radford has played him there before.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 16 Aug 2021, 19:40

Big Shug wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 19:32 Queue the Milner haters. He’s too small, he’s a penalty machine, he’s never a loose forward.
Good luck Adam best of luck in your new contract.
I'm not a milner hater but those things you just said are true tbf. He is small for a middle man and has fairly poor discipline. Not bad keeping him like but I hope he was cheap when he'd be my 3rd choice if that

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Aug 2021, 19:51

HuddsTigers wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 19:36 The forward market is a struggle at the moment. Many sides trying to recruit props and not getting anywhere. Think I read that a few sides are after middles. Think this suggests someone like Massey will play at prop next year or even Westerman doing so. I'm sure Radford has played him there before.
I think we will sign a good prop forward from the NRL I wouldn't play Westerman at prop he's as good as there is in the league playing at 13
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 16 Aug 2021, 20:34

One of those not too fussed either way signings. If the money is right then he’s a handy squad player to have around but if he had gone i wouldn’t have lost any sleep. Shouldn’t be a first choice pick anymore though for me.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Aug 2021, 20:49

The Firm wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 20:34 One of those not too fussed either way signings. If the money is right then he’s a handy squad player to have around but if he had gone i wouldn’t have lost any sleep. Shouldn’t be a first choice pick anymore though for me.
That's how I feel ...can come off the bench and play in the forwards
Vince Lombardi

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 16 Aug 2021, 21:26

Feel it was time for Adz to go and don't really see where he fits in with the captures of Westermen and Lawler and the retention of O'Neil. Seems a poor use of salary cap.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Aug 2021, 21:37

Sharlotiger wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 21:26 Feel it was time for Adz to go and don't really see where he fits in with the captures of Westermen and Lawler and the retention of O'Neil. Seems a poor use of salary cap.
Still waiting for lawyer to be announced although it seems common knowledge he has....

stevieblunder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevieblunder » 16 Aug 2021, 21:49

Before his last contract announcement
he was supposedly linked with NRL teams.

Before this announcement he was linked with Wakefield.

I, personally have no issue with his resigning, but he has not improved over the last 4 yrs.

There are bigger and better options out there.

Radders obviously approved it.

In Radders we trust.!!!!!!!!!
I remember Peter Small

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Aug 2021, 21:52

Sharlotiger wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 21:26 Seems a poor use of salary cap.
Do you know the financial aspects of his new deal to be able to make such a statement?

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 16 Aug 2021, 22:12

a real coup this and plaudits to the club for winning the race to secure his services against a host of NRL suitors.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 16 Aug 2021, 22:24

alftupper wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 22:12 a real coup this and plaudits to the club for winning the race to secure his services against a host of NRL suitors.
Made me smile that 👍

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 16 Aug 2021, 22:33

:clap: Great news. :dance:

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 Aug 2021, 22:57

I know he has his detractors
He isn't the biggest or fastest
He gives away some silly penalties
But l like the lad
He gives a 100%
He played 250 games
Glad his future is sorted
Happy l will be seeing him in a Cas shirt
COYF

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 Aug 2021, 23:00

JIN JER wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 22:33 :clap: Great news. :dance:
what, that he's not coming to wakey? ;)
i heard an interview with powell a long time ago where he said adz was bound to give penalties away because of the way he used him.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 17 Aug 2021, 08:39

Offers, more then Griffin and Blair def get rid off them two. Don't think Milner had teams queuing to sign him so probaly on simalar salary all ready on. Def need another big prop Smith don't make super league grade for me milly off else were.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Aug 2021, 09:48

Griffins had some poor games this season like everybody else...I thought he was one of are best against Saints I'd have him in the second row over Lawler let's say next season
Last edited by tigerfeat on 17 Aug 2021, 09:49, edited 1 time in total.
Vince Lombardi

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 17 Aug 2021, 09:49

Blackbulltiger wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 08:39 Offers, more then Griffin and Blair def get rid off them two. Don't think Milner had teams queuing to sign him so probaly on simalar salary all ready on. Def need another big prop Smith don't make super league grade for me milly off else were.
Griffin finally had a decent game last week only took 18 months