It’s now the fans turn

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: It’s now the fans turn

Post by orrsome » 22 Aug 2021, 23:14

The scanners on entry were not working, to the extent that the people on the gates were just taking a quick visual glance at tickets.
The guy who tried unsuccessfully to scan my season ticket eventually gave up and just let me in.
Then i watched people pouring in at WR end and with the number there was, it was impossible for tickets to be scanned.
To be honest there is no way that the attendance could be anything than an estimate.

Abdul Mohammed
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Abdul Mohammed » 22 Aug 2021, 23:38

Poor but there's plenty of reasons to explain why it was poor. Super League is a shambles of a competition and people are losing interest, covid hesitancy, summer holidays, people suffering losses in income.

Cas have the off season to sell the product, super League also need the sell the competition. I expect both to do next to nothing.

Year of the Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Year of the Tiger » 23 Aug 2021, 08:54

gateman wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 22:58 looking round i would say 6,000 no more on to Wigan another crap KO time will i be there of course i will going back in time before our benifactors SKY how good it was to watch home and away Saturday afternoon
We thought about 5000 to 5500.
I know some people who didn't know about the match being played until the last minute.
Marketing and publicity is dire at the moment.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Aug 2021, 09:28

Year of the Tiger wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 08:54
gateman wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 22:58 looking round i would say 6,000 no more on to Wigan another crap KO time will i be there of course i will going back in time before our benifactors SKY how good it was to watch home and away Saturday afternoon
I know some people who didn't know about the match being played until the last minute.
Wasn’t the game scheduled for that date and time when the fixtures were released over six months ago?

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 23 Aug 2021, 09:36

I’m sorry but I just can’t accept this, the club gave this game a massive push with huge emphasis on it all week on all its socials. No excuses I’m afraid. The fans just didn’t turn out.

Year of the Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Year of the Tiger » 23 Aug 2021, 10:27

daytona wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 09:36
I’m sorry but I just can’t accept this, the club gave this game a massive push with huge emphasis on it all week on all its socials. No excuses I’m afraid. The fans just didn’t turn out.
Not everyone does social media. What's happened to the posters and display boards we used to have around the town. A few radio adverts wouldn't go amiss.
Adverts in the Cas and Ponte.
Posters up in local businesses, pubs, clubs, amateur clubs etc.

In general I find the information coming from the club is truly appaling. Especially with respect to New Ground, Injuries, player recruitment and the women's and U19s games.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 23 Aug 2021, 10:37

Year of the Tiger wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 10:27
Not everyone does social media. What's happened to the posters and display boards we used to have around the town. A few radio adverts wouldn't go amiss.

In general I find the information coming from the club is truly appaling. Especially with respect to New Ground, Injuries, player recruitment and the women's and U19s games.
Nar if your a cas fan you know when the next game is.no

Year of the Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Year of the Tiger » 23 Aug 2021, 10:49

Scoopage wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 10:37
Year of the Tiger wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 10:27

It's about getting the the lapsed fans interested again. We didn't build on the success of 2017. Crowds have gone down every year since (not including the pandemic in this) people have found other things to do.
It's regaining their interest that is key. The number of youngsters attending has declined.
It's need marketing and proper time spent on promoting future games.
We simply can't continue with a take it or leave it approach.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 23 Aug 2021, 11:06

There's all sorts of things that could be happening on a match day to get people in. Let's face it there's nowt much else to do in town. Finding what to do is problem. But I suppose it would take a few £ss to start so there we go none starter straight away.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Aug 2021, 11:09

I agree it's hard to win back fans who stop going main thing I've found with Cas is if the teams doing well playing good rugby fans will come watch
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Aug 2021, 11:19

tigerfeat wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 11:09 I agree it's hard to win back fans who stop going main thing I've found with Cas is if the teams doing well playing good rugby fans will come watch
Maybe because the people of Castleford want value for money.
Who wants to see their team playing crap rugby and watching defeats after defeats. Yes the die hards do.
But the casual fan wants to see quality for their brass.
It was always gonna be hard to get fans back.
Especially with the pandemic and Powell disrespecting the league for the cup.
Hopefully next season the pandemic will have faded away, (vaccines doing its thing) radford gets us playing some attractive rugby.
We can hope and pray.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Aug 2021, 11:24

old cas lass wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 11:19
tigerfeat wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 11:09 I agree it's hard to win back fans who stop going main thing I've found with Cas is if the teams doing well playing good rugby fans will come watch
Maybe because the people of Castleford want value for money.
Who wants to see their team playing crap rugby and watching defeats after defeats. Yes the die hards do.
But the casual fan wants to see quality for their brass.
It was always gonna be hard to get fans back.
Especially with the pandemic and Powell disrespecting the league for the cup.
Hopefully next season the pandemic will have faded away, (vaccines doing its thing) radford gets us playing some attractive rugby.
We can hope and pray.
Absolutely after them home games leading up to the CC final it was always going to be difficult like you say you can't take your fans for granted even the diehards
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 24 Aug 2021, 16:09

casjunction wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 18:25 Well there's nothing like a well reasoned argument to emphasis a point and changeling never has a well reasoned argument.
Getting back on topic
Let's hope we get a few more at games before the end of the season because the club sure needs the revenue
Awww bless, its nice to see you can still get round the posts aimed at others, the forum is second only to the RFL for favourites........

Fill your boots admin, delete away as the truth stings you a little

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 24 Aug 2021, 16:25

Hepworth7 wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 21:46 Perhaps as Casjunction said there were technology issues that may have caused the attendance to be under reported, but 4,987 was the Official figure.
Keeping a few off the official books to help pay the ridiculous fine the RFL have imposed allegedly. :-"

The RFL circus rolls on and the clowns get dafter

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 24 Aug 2021, 16:28

Unless Sky are in the mix , then the game could be anytime, on any day. No wonder people are weed off with the game.

Next years season ticket uptake will be interesting to say the least

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 24 Aug 2021, 18:30

the changeling wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 16:28
Unless Sky are in the mix , then the game could be anytime, on any day. No wonder people are weed off with the game.

Next years season ticket uptake will be interesting to say the least
Let’s hope that the same number who wanted Wembley tickets want season tickets.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 24 Aug 2021, 18:44

Dennis Vazquez wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 21:17
Hepworth7 wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 20:54 Whatever way you look at it,whatever reasons there may have been for not attending 4,987 for a local derby is deeply worrying for the clubs future.
There was more than 5k in there surely???
100% more than 5k in there on Saturday. They weren't scanning or checking tickets at the turnstile I was at. Just letting people through with a quick glance at the phone.

Gotta keep money away from tax man somehow.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 24 Aug 2021, 21:30

season tickets, the club needs people to buy them, on the other hand i need CAS tigers and i shall be buying one if i was working may be not , anyone in work must find it hard to attend some home matches different days and times

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 24 Aug 2021, 23:16

Swagger wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 18:44
Dennis Vazquez wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 21:17
Hepworth7 wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 20:54 Whatever way you look at it,whatever reasons there may have been for not attending 4,987 for a local derby is deeply worrying for the clubs future.
There was more than 5k in there surely???
100% more than 5k in there on Saturday. They weren't scanning or checking tickets at the turnstile I was at. Just letting people through with a quick glance at the phone.

Gotta keep money away from tax man somehow.
Especially now we have a fine hanging over us.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 25 Aug 2021, 11:17

Surely an 'E' ticket is hard to hide from the tax man? There a record of a financial transaction between individuals and the club that cannot simply be ignored...