It’s now the fans turn

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

It’s now the fans turn

Post by The Firm » 13 Aug 2021, 10:27

Last nights win has made next weeks derby game even bigger, all of a sudden we have a realistic chance of snatching that 6th spot but with a change of coach Wakey will likely be well up for it. But our home games have been a bit flat up to now, it’s time for us to step up. We need to turn up in big numbers and get right behind them, be the supporters we usually are. Plus the club need the cash i imagine! The last two weeks have shown the players are very much up for it, time to show we are as well. Be loud, be proud! C’mon ye ‘Fords!
Last edited by The Firm on 13 Aug 2021, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: It’s now the fans turn

Post by old cas lass » 13 Aug 2021, 10:32

Absolutely.

As for wakey being up for it.
Sounds to me some of the players are very pee’ed off with chesters sacking, so it could go the other way, they throw the towel in.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 13 Aug 2021, 11:00

The Firm wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 10:27 Last nights win has made next weeks derby game even bigger, all of a sudden we have a realistic chance of snatching that 6th spot but with a change of coach Wakey will likely be well up for it. But our home games have been a bit flat up to now, it’s time for us to step up. We need to turn up in big numbers and get right behind them, be the supporters we usually are. Plus the club need the cash i imagine! The last two weeks have shown the players are very much up for it, time to show we are as well. Be loud, be proud! C’mon ye ‘Fords!
Great post! I'm in!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 13 Aug 2021, 11:22

Good post. I'll be there as ever

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 13 Aug 2021, 11:43

It’ll be nice to go to a home game when most first choice players are playing. Can’t remember the last time it happened.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Aug 2021, 11:45

I’ll be there, as always. The atmosphere down there lately has been flat so we need to get the old girl bouncing again next week. Let’s get there in numbers and make some noise! COYF!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Aug 2021, 08:31

HKR put on something for the fans on Friday helped create a great atmosphere in the ground... hope we sell Saturday's game well make the most of it
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Aug 2021, 08:51

Do we reckon many Leeds supporting Cas and Wakey fans will bother? Leeds at home Sat aft. Going to be a tight dash to get out and back to Cas in time.

Just hope idiots that have been boozing all day stay away.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 15 Aug 2021, 09:57

Because there won’t be any idiots that have been drinking all day in Cas or Wakefield at the game will there?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Aug 2021, 20:16

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 09:57 Because there won’t be any idiots that have been drinking all day in Cas or Wakefield at the game will there?
I didn't specifically say the Leeds football game. I was talking generally.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 16 Aug 2021, 07:46

You clearly mention that Leeds are playing and that some fans making the trip to Cas after the game might have been boozing all day and that some are idiots as you hope they stay away.

You go in to a few pubs in. Cas or Wakey and tell me what you see? There are plenty of idiots in Cas and Wakey but you don’t seem to mention those fans.

You stick to sorting out the bog doors Hudds,

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Aug 2021, 19:34

No, I don't. I think you need to re-read it. My post says I wonder if Leeds fans will attend, as it will be a tight dash back from Leeds to Cas in time. I never mentioned anything about drinking in that paragraph.

My next paragraph then states I just hope those idiots drinking all day stay away. I never said idiots drinking at the Leeds game or any specific location. It was a generalised comment talking about everyone. Please don't tell me what I said or meant to say. I know what I said and the intent of it. I really don't want to spoil what was a good thread by arguing the toss over something trivial. Your last line is just trolling unnecessarily just to cause arguments and is quite childish.

The point is that the club is in a purple patch and doesn't need idiots tarnishing it off field.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 Aug 2021, 05:20

WOW!!!!!!

You really do believe that what you typed wasnt aimed at Leeds fans drinking all day the maybe going to the Cas/Wakey game.

Unbelievable.

Maybe if you had said “Let’s hope the fans of both Cas and Wakey don’t go drinking all day and cause problems at the game when the club are doing well” then I would have believed what you are trying to convince yourself of what you actually said. But it wasn’t.

Why was there any need to bring football fans in to it? As we know there are sufficient idiots at both Cas and Wakey that cause enough problems.

It is a trait of yours that when you are wrong you try and wriggle out of it by saying the world doesn’t understand you. I wonder why?

You then often drop in that people are picking on you and that they are childish. You also l quite often say “I’m not arguing with you” when you clearly are.

How many people have you accused of this on here? Loads. The issue is your comment not you as a person. Accept that you worded it wrong and that your message wasn’t in general or you would have said so.

You arent stupid Hudds, you can speak quite well so don’t try and hide when you get questioned about your comments.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 17 Aug 2021, 08:38

Now it's the fans turn!
, What to have a dummy spitting contest?
I live in Leeds can't afford to booze all day and have no inclination to do so.
But l will be there on Saturday and hopefully lots of other Cas and Wakey fans will be to create a good atmosphere.
COYF

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 17 Aug 2021, 11:53

casjunction wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 08:38 Now it's the fans turn!
, What to have a dummy spitting contest?
I live in Leeds can't afford to booze all day and have no inclination to do so.
But l will be there on Saturday and hopefully lots of other Cas and Wakey fans will be to create a good atmosphere.
COYF
Yep, it appears it's the fans time to turn on each other... :roll:

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 17 Aug 2021, 14:19

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 05:20 WOW!!!!!!

You really do believe that what you typed wasnt aimed at Leeds fans drinking all day the maybe going to the Cas/Wakey game.

Unbelievable.

Maybe if you had said “Let’s hope the fans of both Cas and Wakey don’t go drinking all day and cause problems at the game when the club are doing well” then I would have believed what you are trying to convince yourself of what you actually said. But it wasn’t.

Why was there any need to bring football fans in to it? As we know there are sufficient idiots at both Cas and Wakey that cause enough problems.

It is a trait of yours that when you are wrong you try and wriggle out of it by saying the world doesn’t understand you. I wonder why?

You then often drop in that people are picking on you and that they are childish. You also l quite often say “I’m not arguing with you” when you clearly are.

How many people have you accused of this on here? Loads. The issue is your comment not you as a person. Accept that you worded it wrong and that your message wasn’t in general or you would have said so.

You arent stupid Hudds, you can speak quite well so don’t try and hide when you get questioned about your comments.
Look at all the trouble by the football fans at the euros final and then look at the no trouble at the challenge cup final. A steward even said to me at Wembley i can't believe the difference between today and the idiots who was here last week

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Aug 2021, 19:01

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 05:20 Snip

You were wrong. End of. I know what I said and I know what I meant. It isn't my problem you misinterpreted it that way. If I'm meeting in the middle in some semblance of compromise, I can see how you think that but it still doesn't make you any less wrong. It was generally speaking about any idiots. A change of paragraph usually signifies a change of topic. Using your example by the same token, I'd have said "I hope those fans" or "I hope those Leeds football fans" or something similar of that ilk to imply it was in relation to the above. I didn't. I literally said "I hope the idiots stay away", the idiots being generalised to mean literally anyone.

Then you made it personal about bog doors, which is childish and pathetic. Did you need to dry and drop in a jibe?

As per your other points above, I wasn't wriggling out of it. I was explaining what *I* said and what *my* intent was. Like I said, I know what I meant. Accept it, move on. Admit you misinterpreted it wrongly. And yes, when I say I'm not arguing I'm not going to waste any more air on this. I did think you may re-read it and accept what I said which would be the end of the matter but clearly not. It also wasn't questioning what I meant, it was telling me what I said and then throwing unnecessary jibes in and failing to accept what I said when I did clarify back.

I'm only replying because once again you try to twist it in a patronising (and wrong) way. It is pointless and pathetic and not fair on other forum users. So, you were wrong. Move on.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 17 Aug 2021, 19:27

Hudds, you are one of the more rational posters.
People read in what they want to read in, it doesn’t mean everyone interprets it the same.
Take no notice.

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 17 Aug 2021, 19:59

I didn’t see anything offensive in what you wrote hudds
Certainly not worth the tantrum it received

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Aug 2021, 20:04

Juscas wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 19:59 I didn’t see anything offensive in what you wrote hudds
Certainly not worth the tantrum it received
With you there juscas.