Cas Tigers 2022 and beyond???

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Cas Tigers 2022 and beyond???

Post by Let’s talk sense » 03 Aug 2021, 19:50

Lots of previous negative posts which I honestly understand. So where do our expert forum members wish to see the club moving forward. Genuine question by the way! Lately we have head get rid of this waste of space contracted player sign this previous pee taker (Hardaker) etc. So come on. Loads of experts on here so now is your chance.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Cas Tigers 2022 and beyond???

Post by Tigerade » 03 Aug 2021, 21:09

A new ownership of the club would get us moving in the right direction IMO. Regarding players and coaching set up - I think we will be alright.

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 03 Aug 2021, 21:34

Tigerade wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 21:09 A new ownership of the club would get us moving in the right direction IMO. Regarding players and coaching set up - I think we will be alright.
Fair assessment Tigerade. Thing is where is the new ownership going to materialise from? Would the fans be happy to see a continuation of some of our younger players being promoted from within? I honestly think it is the future along with a few more older composed experienced players. If the game as a whole is to be sustainable then the youngsters need to be persisted with within reason. The club has a cracking bunch at this particular time. These are just my thoughts.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 03 Aug 2021, 21:53

Just finished reading Mick Morgan’s excellent book
‘ I can’t spake’ today.
It goes right up to the end of the 2017 Season and in looking forward Mick comments both on Powell’s belief in continuity and the need to develop players including young talent.
Whilst my first thought was that neither has happened, I’m not so sure. Radford is not coming in to rip up Powell’s legacy, but to build on it, or so he has said, and whilst many of us together with Ralph Rimmer didn’t have a lot of faith in our youth policy, the last few weeks have been evidence that there is quite a bit of talent coming through. Radford needs to nurture it.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 03 Aug 2021, 22:17

On field i think we all know what we need now, a halfback, a quality prop and a strike centre.

The biggest thing we need in terms of performance is to get the backroom staff right. Radford is bringing Andy Last in apparently but he needs another as well, no penny pinching like this year when we didn’t replace Danny Orr. I’d like to see Shenny involved somewhere, maybe with the juniors or reserves. But also most importantly the strength and conditioning and physiotherapy department needs an overhaul and investment. The amount of injuries we’ve got in recent seasons is ridiculous and we need a major upgrade here.

Finally we need flesh blood in the boardroom and club management. Someone or some people with new ideas, drive and enthusiasm and preferably some brass as well, although it’s doubtful the Fultons would entertain giving up any control. But people who can drive the club forward with modern thinking and practises rather than the staid old way it is run now. We have gone stale and need a, partial at least, new broom.

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 03 Aug 2021, 22:36

I for one welcome Radford's tenure. I loo forward to it. His intent looks promising. I believe he will make good signings and as said he has the remnants of the culture Powell built.
I don't think it is total doom and gloom at all.
A freshening up at the highest level sounds like it would be great but I don't know ow enough about the whole set up and who would possibly touch the club in that capacity as owners prepared to buy out existing folk and take on the financial ramifications.
I thank Powell for these last 7 or 8 years- I know some are complaining about him, and as much as it is not the end I hoped for, I still feel we have been spoiled to an extent with some of what we have experienced.
But still, I have high hopes for Radford.
COYF

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Aug 2021, 08:44

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 21:53 Just finished reading Mick Morgan’s excellent book
‘ I can’t spake’ today.
It goes right up to the end of the 2017 Season and in looking forward Mick comments both on Powell’s belief in continuity and the need to develop players including young talent.
Whilst my first thought was that neither has happened, I’m not so sure. Radford is not coming in to rip up Powell’s legacy, but to build on it, or so he has said, and whilst many of us together with Ralph Rimmer didn’t have a lot of faith in our youth policy, the last few weeks have been evidence that there is quite a bit of talent coming through. Radford needs to nurture it.
Ralph Rimmer shoudnt be in the job he's doing
For those who can watch on the Our league App QareQare playing in the Academy Origin match kicks off at 11 o clock he's going to be a real star in the years to come that lad
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 04 Aug 2021, 08:51

Thought Robb was in the squad too?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Aug 2021, 08:56

Hope he his he's another with a big future for mine ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 04 Aug 2021, 09:46

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 08:51 Thought Robb was in the squad too?
I think he misses out because he played on Monday night

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 04 Aug 2021, 10:01

Future off the club next few years need to. Off load Trueman for sure 100k plus try balance books don't think be many takers now. Then we need to fetch in two half backs who get the team going forward in attack. Need to club to make a, stance and another plan in stead being silence about ground situation now another glasshoughton project as fallen through. Need to get the ground jumping again but this will only come with performance on pitch. Next year we will be playing for are super league life if four teams get religated.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 04 Aug 2021, 10:24

Qereqere is better in my opinion than bailey hodgson who went to Oz. He's the fullback for the future.

We either need new blood in the boardroom it a new stance in how they take the club forward. It feels as though we are happy to standstill.

DP had taken this club nearly as high as we can get, barring a piece of silverware. Being a regular team in the playoffs is as good as it gets. I'm happy with that,

We will never be dominant in a League where our regular attendance is 7k, when other teams are at 10k plus. And they have owners who are the equivalent of Roman abramovich scale wise.

The new ground is getting more and more important, I don't know how much leeway we'll get from Brexit and covid. We need plans to do something soon.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 04 Aug 2021, 10:25

year on year our under 19S have been top of the league or thereabouts only an hand full as made the first team