Luke Gale

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Luke Gale

Post by old cas lass » 04 Aug 2021, 19:11

Not seen one player who as appeal get an extra game apart for watts. Says it all.
All have won or had a game knocked off.
Bloody favouritism.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 04 Aug 2021, 19:19

old cas lass wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 19:11 Not seen one player who as appeal get an extra game apart for watts. Says it all.
Bloody favouritism.
Or

Watts bitched on twitter about it,the others didn't
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 04 Aug 2021, 19:25

Luke Gale will serve a one match suspension following his appeal this evening (Wednesday 4 August) to an independent Operational Rules tribunal.

The Leeds Rhinos scrum-half was challenging a two-match suspension handed down by the RFL’s Match Review Panel for making contact with referee Chris Kendall during his side’s recent Betfred Super League match against Warrington Wolves.

The tribunal downgraded the offence from grade B to A.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 04 Aug 2021, 19:55

the machine wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 19:19
old cas lass wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 19:11 Not seen one player who as appeal get an extra game apart for watts. Says it all.
Bloody favouritism.
Or

That shouldn’t have even come into it.
Feeble excuse.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 05 Aug 2021, 11:03

More importantly, hasn't Gale got previous for making contact with refs? Didn't he get a ban for it whilst at Cas?

And on the grounds that Watts moaned on Twitter, that could be a separate offence of 'bringing the game into dispute' or something but doesn't relate to the offence he was charged with.

Still, Steve Price's attempts at humour didn't safe him from punishment.

AllertonBTiger

Post by AllertonBTiger » 05 Aug 2021, 12:06

tigerfeat wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 15:40 Someone told me this morning he would be at Wakefield next season can't see it myself but there you go
Been told the same this morning, he has signed with them for next year.

I wouldn`t of had him back, only had a couple of good games in a Leeds shirt.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 05 Aug 2021, 15:14

Id have him back on loan until end of season but wouldn't want him next year.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 05 Aug 2021, 19:12

old cas lass wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 19:55
the machine wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 19:19
Bloody favouritism.
Or

That shouldn’t have even come into it.
Feeble excuse.
It's a more plausible reason than 'favouritism' like alot of rugby league fans like to believe in
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 05 Aug 2021, 22:11

unless agar forgives him he'll be gone. he crossed the line. end of.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 06 Aug 2021, 20:15

Seen a lot of negative response to gale return rumour for me i would welcome him, he gave every when playing for cas remember semi when come back early to play how we could do with that determination to play now. Feel it's ironic people saying hardaker welcome back when is silly antics ruined our most important game in our history preperations and how about players like orr and even shenton who left thinking grass was greener on other side. Gale would have played more in last season here but cas did not want to risk is injury and leeds deal and also who could blame him wanting to play for his childhood team. If gale came back he could help younger halves as well as trueman and we need organiser on pitch but also someone off it we have lost orr, sheridan , and powell so need a top half to help around all teams

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 06 Aug 2021, 20:43

Good post.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 09 Aug 2021, 09:29

68tiger wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 20:15 Seen a lot of negative response to gale return rumour for me i would welcome him, he gave every when playing for cas remember semi when come back early to play how we could do with that determination to play now. Feel it's ironic people saying hardaker welcome back when is silly antics ruined our most important game in our history preperations and how about players like orr and even shenton who left thinking grass was greener on other side. Gale would have played more in last season here but cas did not want to risk is injury and leeds deal and also who could blame him wanting to play for his childhood team. If gale came back he could help younger halves as well as trueman and we need organiser on pitch but also someone off it we have lost orr, sheridan , and powell so need a top half to help around all teams
It des seem strange that many would welcome ZH back but not Gale but perhaps it's as simple as, one didn't want to leave (ZH) and the other didn't want to stay.

My only concerns about Gale are his age and ability to stay fit.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 05 Nov 2021, 19:37

Well done to Jon Wells for selling Luke when he did for what he did. A great bit of business in hindsight.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 05 Nov 2021, 21:36

off to hull fc
jo brand is eddie warings love child

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 06 Nov 2021, 01:42

Confirmed today as off to Hull as per previous post.

To be totally frank from my perspective, Gale is now on his way down at his age and has a question mark on his ability to remain injury free given the long layoff he had at Cas with a long term injury that just may raise its ugly head again.

So. given Gale is a good kicker to replace Sneyd and has proven open play abilities, he is a good fit for Hull and solves the problem at the Rhinos where he has falling out form with Agar which may have been still be "under-currenting" and was considered to be deemed 3rd choice given their recent signings. Good Luck to him and

Having said that, I for one aren't all that worried in Gale making Hull potentially more formidable to bolster their recent signings. I would much prefer the growing talent at Cas that Trueman and Mclelland could potentially offer for the future which hopefully Radders can release that potential from them (given that they show their true potential where they already know and integrate each other's game to blend well together and that we can retain them for a good few years to come if they prove to be the modern day Hardisty/Hepworth partnership - ... PLEASE BE THAT !!). I think this will ultimately become the preferred "go to" partnership and where the other halves we have fill in when needed.

I can't wait to see how the team gels together come season fire up time as it looks a very exciting combination that has come to materialize at our "small town in Yorkshire" RL team ! Hey come on ! We bat well above expectation when you consider the resources of other teams like Rhinos as an example and just a mention that Wakey also does that at times with their lowly resources even though they are allegedly a "City" ( might just get a damn good thrashing on this post for saying that !....ha ha !!).

Come on Lads and Lasses and Rally around the NEW CLASSY CAS 2022 for the new season and hope to see you all Daaan Lane !! Maybe New Exciting Times Ahead for us Cas Brothers and Sisters !!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 06 Nov 2021, 09:55

Nice post