Rugby World Cup 2021

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Rugby World Cup 2021

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Jul 2021, 17:49

tigerfeat wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 11:12 Interesting Mr Newton speaks how well Australia have handled the pandemic compared with the UK theve done that by lockdowns and very strict border control hoping the virus will eventually disappear I think they may be in for a long long wait and with only a small percentage of there people jabbed there looking at years of lockdowns knowing if they try and open up they will be over run by the virus very quickly
It’s also interesting that the Chief Medical Officer of Queensland has had to deal with so many protocol breaches by NRL players and their families that she’s considering calling time on the ‘bubble’ that the Aussie spokesman seems to be so proud of.

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 23 Jul 2021, 20:07

RFL should say to nrl all new contracts for nrl based players over here for next season are cancelled if can't come for world cup because of covid in november then can't come in december to move to english clubs. Like i say for new contracts for next year not players in 2nd 3rd year this if it happened would give more game time for british players and youngsters to come through. NRL can't have it both ways and i would go ahead with cup and if aussies/kiwis name is not on cup so be it. We have had many olympic boycotts but games still gone ahead alan whipper wells gold medal is still a gold even though yanks did not go so if england or anyone wins cup so be it

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 03 Aug 2021, 16:21

Seen lots of posts on social media saying it's postponed for another year but nothing on the likes of BBC Sport whom I sure would love to come out and say it's official.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 04 Aug 2021, 20:18

IT’S OFF

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Aug 2021, 09:49

People looking at it from the outside and maybe the government who up to date I read last night have invested 25 million to make sure it went ahead must look at Rugby League as some kind of joke sport ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 05 Aug 2021, 11:06

tigerfeat wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 09:49 People looking at it from the outside and maybe the government who up to date I read last night have invested 25 million to make sure it went ahead must look at Rugby League as some kind of joke sport ...
They did anyway but the funds will still be there as the gov't did suggest it was postponed to give greater publicity next year and perhaps, in their eyes, more value for money.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 05 Aug 2021, 14:31

They should have played it with out Australia and New Zealand, and sod em.

They can go to the Olympics but not to the UK for the World Cup. Why should they be able to pick and choose what events they want to take part in. We should have just told them compete or not and there will be no postponement.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 05 Aug 2021, 16:43

You can't do that Stuey. It's Australia and New Zealand. What they say goes. The rfl isn't worth a ____ make your own end to that sentence cos anything would fit.( Joke)

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 05 Aug 2021, 19:13

stuey wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 14:31 They should have played it with out Australia and New Zealand, and sod em.

They can go to the Olympics but not to the UK for the World Cup. Why should they be able to pick and choose what events they want to take part in. We should have just told them compete or not and there will be no postponement.
The players wanted to play,the clubs said no
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 06 Aug 2021, 20:04

Watched some of aussie rl shows and they said at first a third of players did not want to come then a few days later was 50/50 players willing and not. OK so it's postponed while crickets on and they will be wanting teams to go there i bet, but also ru on and teams playing in various sports. Seen that jenner went to aus and aylisa dixon photographed with her family on a beach in aus as gone out to do tv show, so aussies obviously worried when suits. We have had euros and now have euro club teams already coming over for early rounds in eufa comps. Now for me i would say right if you don't want to come in nov,dec then none of the signings from aus for next year allowed unless already playing here, can't have it both ways this would also allow some of our younger homegrown talent time on field instead of aussie journeymen or players at end of careers