Mc Lelland ?

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Post Reply
betts21
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2711
Joined: 20 Jul 2006, 17:13

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by betts21 » 20 Jul 2021, 21:32

Be happy with this was unhappy when he went was more unhappy we did put a clause in for him if he returned to league. Give him game time get him in now and I think it could work. He’s eager to play and has confidence when given a chance could be a good move for both

User avatar
Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 530
Joined: 12 Mar 2014, 16:37

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by Dazzyb » 20 Jul 2021, 22:07

Irrespective we normally keep people for too long and then offload. Good business if he.can progress and come back and be a good squad player

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2020
Joined: 04 Aug 2014, 19:32
Location: Bury St Edmunds

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by SuffolkTiger » 21 Jul 2021, 01:06

Never really seen him play. How does he compare with how Tom Holmes would contribute - hypothetically.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2711
Joined: 20 Jul 2006, 17:13

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by betts21 » 21 Jul 2021, 07:52

Hypothetically for me he is similar younger not afraid to go at the line and his kicking game was strong coming through the academy and has a nice short kicking game. Had a couple of years now around Gale, had a winning attitude probably one of the better young British half’s coming through. I know the game isn’t rife with them. Add in radford as coach next year to give him some added drive and niggle might just be a diamond but there’s always potential he could never reach the top like Richardson but for me it could be good business.

User avatar
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 6104
Joined: 24 May 2007, 15:06
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by mart0042 » 21 Jul 2021, 10:07

He's certainly a cheaper option, local lad and all that. 4th choice at best for me. We need a good player to challenge truey and gob.

Personally I can't see Radford being swayed to an ex junior. He must be given carte blanche to do his own stuff. It's what we've needed for years

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5425
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Jul 2021, 10:16

My biggest worry is that it’s felt like our spine other than McShane and Richardson have been made of glass this season . Unless McLelland is coming straight in and is ready to go, loaning Richardson out now feels like a very high risk strategy to me.

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 94
Joined: 11 Jun 2021, 20:14

New signing

Post by Blackbulltiger » 21 Jul 2021, 10:17

Cas tigers set to sign Leeds rhinos play maker to replace Richardson. Think its lad that started at cas academy then went to Edinburgh Rugby Union then to Leeds rhinos but being on loan at Fev. Thoughts please not now alot about his recent form.

User avatar
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 6104
Joined: 24 May 2007, 15:06
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by mart0042 » 21 Jul 2021, 10:22

[instagram][/instagram]
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 10:16 My biggest worry is that it’s felt like our spine other than McShane and Richardson have been made of glass this season . Unless McLelland is coming straight in and is ready to go, loaning Richardson out now feels like a very high risk strategy to me.
In think we've taken precautions with players as it's been all out challenge cup or nothing. I expect a big change now.

User avatar
jackknife
Verified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4069
Joined: 07 Jul 2011, 17:28
Location: york

Re: New signing

Post by jackknife » 21 Jul 2021, 10:32

Mcllenend
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 9962
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: New signing

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Jul 2021, 10:33

Already a thread in the rumour section on this.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11827
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: New signing

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Jul 2021, 11:05

Blackbulltiger wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 10:17 Cas tigers set to sign Leeds rhinos play maker to replace Richardson. Think its lad that started at cas academy then went to Edinburgh Rugby Union then to Leeds rhinos but being on loan at Fev. Thoughts please not now alot about his recent form.
He's been injured most of season bad luck for him he would have got a number of games I would have thought with other Leeds half-backs injured for a lot of season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5425
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Jul 2021, 11:17

Hope you’re right

Spanishtiger
Verified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 832
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 20:09

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by Spanishtiger » 21 Jul 2021, 11:35

Threads merged

Mucky1978
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1852
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 21:07

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by Mucky1978 » 21 Jul 2021, 12:06

When can I renew my season ticket with this signing.

User avatar
westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 249
Joined: 20 Dec 2006, 13:23

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by westyorkylad » 21 Jul 2021, 12:25

Would be more that happy to McLelland back, always rated this lad and was gutted when we didnt get him back from his return from Scottish kick & clap. Was excellent for Feath in their run to the final against Toronto and I think this kid has all the attributes to be a top SL halfback, 3 x halves to go at in Truman, McLelland and O'Brian looks pretty good to me.

As an aside there is a severe shortage of decent qulity halfbacks in the NRL at the minute, I know Canberra are desperate for another halfback but are struggling to find one, anyone that is any good is commanding huge fees/salaries. With that in mind this could be an astute signing................

Just a thought, and happy to give the lad a chance.

User avatar
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 6104
Joined: 24 May 2007, 15:06
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by mart0042 » 22 Jul 2021, 09:57

westyorkylad wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 12:25 Would be more that happy to McLelland back, always rated this lad and was gutted when we didnt get him back from his return from Scottish kick & clap. Was excellent for Feath in their run to the final against Toronto and I think this kid has all the attributes to be a top SL halfback, 3 x halves to go at in Truman, McLelland and O'Brian looks pretty good to me.

As an aside there is a severe shortage of decent qulity halfbacks in the NRL at the minute, I know Canberra are desperate for another halfback but are struggling to find one, anyone that is any good is commanding huge fees/salaries. With that in mind this could be an astute signing................

Just a thought, and happy to give the lad a chance.
Canberra looked great with Austin, then Sezer, then Williams and got rid of each of them. It would be interesting to know what exactly they are looking for

User avatar
westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 249
Joined: 20 Dec 2006, 13:23

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by westyorkylad » 22 Jul 2021, 12:35

mart0042 wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 09:57
westyorkylad wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 12:25 Would be more that happy to McLelland back, always rated this lad and was gutted when we didnt get him back from his return from Scottish kick & clap. Was excellent for Feath in their run to the final against Toronto and I think this kid has all the attributes to be a top SL halfback, 3 x halves to go at in Truman, McLelland and O'Brian looks pretty good to me.

As an aside there is a severe shortage of decent qulity halfbacks in the NRL at the minute, I know Canberra are desperate for another halfback but are struggling to find one, anyone that is any good is commanding huge fees/salaries. With that in mind this could be an astute signing................

Just a thought, and happy to give the lad a chance.
Canberra looked great with Austin, then Sezer, then Williams and got rid of each of them. It would be interesting to know what exactly they are looking for
Think they were pretty happy with Wighton and George Williams but that obviously went south when GW wanted to return to the UK. Austin was told he wasnt wanted I believe, and again I believe this was because he was a great running threat but not so great as a controlling half, he played a lot of off the cuff rugby and this could prove costly in the NRL, shame because he was good to watch and I still think the SL is a good place for him to thrive if he gets his head straight. Moving Wighton into the halves from fullback meant he was surplus to requirements.

Seizer ended up as a back up half, his game management and kicking game was good, but he was a bit of a target for the opposition in defence, believe he was offered another reduced deal by the Raiders but chose a more lucrative deal in the UK where he would be the no1 half.

Currently the Raiders are using Frawley, Sam Williams and Wighton, the first two are perennial reserve graders but probably both are good enough for a SL starting shirt at a push.

Raiders are on the lookout for a new 1st choice half to partner Wighton, but as I say good halves are hard to come by at the minute in the NRL. The ace the Aussies have up their sleeve is the conveyor belt of talent coming from the juniors, and the Raiders may just wait and develop their own, see Penrith now, the Bulldogs also albeit they only started re-building a season or so ago.

With no fear of relegation they have the time to do this.

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 19807
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by old cas lass » 24 Jul 2021, 09:33

Apparently he played really well last night.
Maybe if Gale leave, he’ll replace him.

User avatar
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10534
Joined: 19 Aug 2010, 23:25
Location: bridlington

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by lurcher » 24 Jul 2021, 22:07

old cas lass wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 09:33 Apparently he played really well last night.
Maybe if Gale leave, he’ll replace him.
some nice little touches on the highlights.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 19807
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by old cas lass » 28 Jul 2021, 12:00


Post Reply