Mc Lelland ?

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Post Reply
User avatar
jackknife
Verified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4069
Joined: 07 Jul 2011, 17:28
Location: york

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by jackknife » 27 Aug 2021, 21:06

If DR keeps playing the way he is id have him n obrien 6 n 7 with truey n Mcllenend as cover
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 879
Joined: 14 Mar 2018, 17:35

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by MrRugby123 » 27 Aug 2021, 21:26

jackknife wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 21:06 If DR keeps playing the way he is id have him n obrien 6 n 7 with truey n Mcllenend as cover
I’d of cashed in on Trueman to bring in a big prop to replace millington.

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 309
Joined: 02 Mar 2014, 21:53

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by Keithy » 27 Aug 2021, 21:29

MrRugby123 wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 21:26
jackknife wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 21:06 If DR keeps playing the way he is id have him n obrien 6 n 7 with truey n Mcllenend as cover
I’d of cashed in on Trueman to bring in a big prop to replace millington.
Someone like the Marshmallow man from Ghostbusters?

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 517
Joined: 22 Aug 2017, 21:10

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by LeagueLeaders » 28 Aug 2021, 11:41

jackknife wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 21:06 If DR keeps playing the way he is id have him n obrien 6 n 7 with truey n Mcllenend as cover
I do like O'Brien but I don't think his form has been too great honestly. He's making a fair few mistakes and his kicking seems inaccurate at best. Think I'd rather Trueman with Richardson in the halves next year

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2146
Joined: 21 Dec 2014, 00:40

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by derbystiger » 28 Aug 2021, 12:53

LeagueLeaders wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 11:41 Think I'd rather Trueman with Richardson in the halves next year
I honestly don’t think they play well together - theres just something about that partnership that doesn’t click for me

User avatar
jackknife
Verified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4069
Joined: 07 Jul 2011, 17:28
Location: york

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by jackknife » 29 Aug 2021, 07:52

derbystiger wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 12:53
LeagueLeaders wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 11:41 Think I'd rather Trueman with Richardson in the halves next year
I honestly don’t think they play well together - theres just something about that partnership that doesn’t click for me
Neither one is dominant enough to take charge they are both happy to let the other half lead and they follow. O'Brien imo likes to lead.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1225
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 15:21
Twitter: Sacked social media
Location: Horbury
Contact:

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by mdean » 29 Aug 2021, 22:50

It’s interesting. GOB has always been second fiddle and we have halves and a fullback who play off others. He’s at the right age and the right skills, similar to when Danny Orr came back to make it work.
He’s super brave and what we need right now.

McLelland I know little about. But the mix with GOB in it works better.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5208
Joined: 11 Jul 2006, 16:17

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Aug 2021, 09:30

Since he joined, I think O’Brien has been better than both Trueman and Richardson. He links up really well with Evalds, and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Evalds’ better games are when O’Brien is playing too.
Trueman clearly has the ability, but he’s had very few good games in the last two seasons and has far too many games where he’s just anonymous.
Richardson has patches of good form and patches of poor form, more so than most players I think.
For me, at the money the question is ‘who partners O’Brien?’.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1317
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 22:50

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by dude » 30 Aug 2021, 11:39

nottinghamtiger wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 09:30 Since he joined, I think O’Brien has been better than both Trueman and Richardson. He links up really well with Evalds, and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Evalds’ better games are when O’Brien is playing too.
Trueman clearly has the ability, but he’s had very few good games in the last two seasons and has far too many games where he’s just anonymous.
Richardson has patches of good form and patches of poor form, more so than most players I think.
For me, at the money the question is ‘who partners O’Brien?’.
I think Richardson has run the game well for our last 4 wins. Think he's a much better player now he's not playing with the reserves and the young lads when everyone was being rested for challenge cup.

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 82
Joined: 26 Jul 2019, 23:41

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by Let’s talk sense » 30 Aug 2021, 11:57

dude wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 11:39
nottinghamtiger wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 09:30 Since he joined, I think O’Brien has been better than both Trueman and Richardson. He links up really well with Evalds, and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Evalds’ better games are when O’Brien is playing too.
Trueman clearly has the ability, but he’s had very few good games in the last two seasons and has far too many games where he’s just anonymous.
Richardson has patches of good form and patches of poor form, more so than most players I think.
For me, at the money the question is ‘who partners O’Brien?’.
I think Richardson has run the game well for our last 4 wins. Think he's a much better player now he's not playing with the reserves and the young lads when everyone was being rested for challenge cup.
Surely you are not suggesting it was the reserves and young lads who were making him continually kick out on the full, defend poorly, get caught in possession on the last tackle etc!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5425
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 30 Aug 2021, 12:13

No, don’t think that was what he was saying. Didn’t read like that to me anyway.

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 82
Joined: 26 Jul 2019, 23:41

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by Let’s talk sense » 30 Aug 2021, 13:07

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 12:13 No, don’t think that was what he was saying. Didn’t read like that to me anyway.
DR is a fairly experienced SL half back with a decent pedigree. He needed to take a good look at some of his earlier performances and up his own standards. I do agree that he has improved recently though.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1453
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 23:02
Location: WAKEFIELD

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by Sharlotiger » 30 Aug 2021, 13:11

Richardson as looked far more comfortable since his move over to the left-hand side. Less big tackles to make there and his passing game to that side is far better.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5425
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 30 Aug 2021, 15:20

Let’s talk sense wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 13:07
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 12:13 No, don’t think that was what he was saying. Didn’t read like that to me anyway.
DR is a fairly experienced SL half back with a decent pedigree. He needed to take a good look at some of his earlier performances and up his own standards. I do agree that he has improved recently though.
I agree that he has improved recently. I thought he was trying too hard firstly because he’d had some bad games and secondly in one or two games because he was doing too much as the only recognised half back and as a result not doing it well. A month ago I was wondering whether he was out his depth at Superleague level, but if he can keep up his current form he will answer a lot of questions

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 230
Joined: 02 Jun 2021, 11:25

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 30 Aug 2021, 20:18

Make shift half back options (much like we saw with make shift fullbacks)especially without the influence of Mcshane ,showed us what we are looking at next year if we go with what we have and bring in the likes of Mcllelland.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11827
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by tigerfeat » 31 Aug 2021, 08:25

Hopefully we will have Trueman back to his best next season ...interesting to know how Radford views the half back situation
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

stevieblunder
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 259
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:41

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by stevieblunder » 31 Aug 2021, 21:18

Any news on this signing.?
I remember Peter Small

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 444
Joined: 11 Sep 2017, 19:48

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by Hepworth7 » 31 Aug 2021, 22:13

Dennis Vazquez wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 20:18 Make shift half back options (much like we saw with make shift fullbacks)especially without the influence of Mcshane ,showed us what we are looking at next year if we go with what we have and bring in the likes of Mcllelland.
Completely agree with this, between Trueman,O'brien,Richardson and if he comes Mclelland would we have a half back partnership that could compete at the top level,for me the answer is no, a free from injury Trueman perhaps but neither Richardson nor O'brien seem to have the ability to change a game when it's going against you, O'brien is solid without being spectacular and Richardson folds under pressure, while Mclelland is unproven. For me I'm afraid there isn't a consistent winning combination between the four. If Trueman is to be the focal point then perhaps keep one of the others as back up but bring in someone who compliments/compensates for Trueys shortcomings.

User avatar
Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 530
Joined: 12 Mar 2014, 16:37

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by Dazzyb » 01 Sep 2021, 09:47

Agree Richardson looks better at the left but since O’Brien has moved to the right he’s gone missing. Question is, who’s the the better of the two?

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 879
Joined: 14 Mar 2018, 17:35

Re: Mc Lelland ?

Post by MrRugby123 » 01 Sep 2021, 15:48

He’s gonna fit in well at Cas he’s out for the season with a bad knee injury.

Post Reply