Hardacre

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Post Reply
andymc133
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 134
Joined: 23 Mar 2014, 13:08

Re: Hardacre

Post by andymc133 » 07 Oct 2021, 14:36

My worry would be Zac may have cleaned his act up but have all his mates round here done the same I doubt that! He's moved away from them previously as far as Australia and everytime so far things have gone wrong on his return such a shame because the guy can play his way into most superleague teams but he comes with a known risk that is magnified when he's around his mates

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1149
Joined: 05 Jan 2021, 17:59

Re: Hardacre

Post by FIat Capper » 07 Oct 2021, 14:56

Fumper27 wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 11:58
tigerfeat wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 10:55 You must have forgotten about Chase Carney Lo the Snake that's four of the top of my head in recent times
Three of those were already at the club when their transgressions occurred. The club swiftly dealt with those individuals, none of whom ever played for the club again. The fourth (Chase) returned to the club and was banned for substance abuse after he left.

I don’t think you meant to, but I think that you have strengthened stevieblunder’s argument.
Cas did of course make the use of drug cheat Dwain Chambers following his 2 year absence from sport. Whilst it may have been a publicity stunt, he did don a Cas shirt and run out on our hallowed turf. Chambers had of course served his punishment so for me, he'd served his sentence and tried to carry on his life. The same applies to ZH...

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 517
Joined: 22 Aug 2017, 21:10

Re: Hardacre

Post by LeagueLeaders » 07 Oct 2021, 15:19

andymc133 wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 14:36 My worry would be Zac may have cleaned his act up but have all his mates round here done the same I doubt that! He's moved away from them previously as far as Australia and everytime so far things have gone wrong on his return such a shame because the guy can play his way into most superleague teams but he comes with a known risk that is magnified when he's around his mates
I remember my mate saying he saw Zak doing coke in toilets in Wakey and that was after his ban. Might have cleaned his act up in the couple years since but I'd seriously doubt it.

Edit- This said, I do believe he'd improve our team and if we can get him without a fee and with a reasonable salary then he's still worth the risk imo. He would be a centre tho. Calls for him to be our fullback and have Evalds pushed to the wing are ridiculous

User avatar
dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10662
Joined: 06 Jul 2006, 15:25
Twitter: Dettoriman
Location: Probably Big Fella's
Contact:

Re: Hardacre

Post by dettoriman » 07 Oct 2021, 16:13

LeagueLeaders wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 15:19
andymc133 wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 14:36 My worry would be Zac may have cleaned his act up but have all his mates round here done the same I doubt that! He's moved away from them previously as far as Australia and everytime so far things have gone wrong on his return such a shame because the guy can play his way into most superleague teams but he comes with a known risk that is magnified when he's around his mates
I remember my mate saying he saw Zak doing coke in toilets in Wakey and that was after his ban. Might have cleaned his act up in the couple years since but I'd seriously doubt it.

Edit- This said, I do believe he'd improve our team and if we can get him without a fee and with a reasonable salary then he's still worth the risk imo. He would be a centre tho. Calls for him to be our fullback and have Evalds pushed to the wing are ridiculous
Ridiculous? When he’s on his game he’s arguably the best full back in the league.

Tomkins of course has been that this year.

I’d want him to come and fit in where we need him, But with the desire to make the full back spot his own. Would pressure both he and Evalds to perform at 100%
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 517
Joined: 22 Aug 2017, 21:10

Re: Hardacre

Post by LeagueLeaders » 07 Oct 2021, 16:47

dettoriman wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 16:13 Ridiculous? When he’s on his game he’s arguably the best full back in the league.

Tomkins of course has been that this year.

I’d want him to come and fit in where we need him, But with the desire to make the full back spot his own. Would pressure both he and Evalds to perform at 100%
Competition for places is always good but Evalds is a great player and has even looked decent in our team this year that has been generally poor throughout the season. Fans on this forum seem to always think the grass is greener. When we were signing Evalds everyone's saying he's gonna be the best fullback in the league, now they want him to play out of position to accommodate for a player who's past his best and comes with a tonne of off field problems. Yes, it's ridiculous

Meat and potato pie
New member
Posts: 29
Joined: 04 Aug 2021, 14:09

Re: Hardacre

Post by Meat and potato pie » 07 Oct 2021, 17:03

tigerfeat wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 10:55 You must have forgotten about Chase Carney Lo the Snake that's four of the top of my head in recent times
Nice to see Westerman back.


After effectively been offered to Hull years ago after a disciplinary incident.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1149
Joined: 05 Jan 2021, 17:59

Re: Hardacre

Post by FIat Capper » 07 Oct 2021, 17:10

Without a shadow of a doubt, ZH was pivotal to our success in 2017. Not only in attack but in defence where he can both tackle and organise the defencive line.

Evalds is good and I was pleased with his signing as a quality player. He isn't as good as ZH was and as ZH hasn't been playing in the correct role for a number of games, I can't make an accurate assessment of good he currently is at full back or whether he still has the old magic.

I wouldn't ZH to play center and as things stand, I wouldn't ask Evalds to play out of position either. That means no, I wouldn't sign ZH but it isn't anything to do with his departure from Cas or his reputed lifestyle.

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 879
Joined: 14 Mar 2018, 17:35

Re: Hardacre

Post by MrRugby123 » 07 Oct 2021, 17:49

Another one of these jokers claiming we’re in for him.

“It is true that Wigan warriors are willing to waver their fee(per @EnglishRL_itk) as yesterday Hardaker has admitted to the new coaching staff that he isn’t happy at the club and would prefer to move back to former club, Castleford tigers. Expect more news in the coming days/week”

Fumper27
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 9962
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: Hardacre

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Oct 2021, 18:33

Meat and potato pie wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 17:03
tigerfeat wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 10:55 You must have forgotten about Chase Carney Lo the Snake that's four of the top of my head in recent times
Nice to see Westerman back.
Your frame of reference may differ from mine but I do not class Joe leaving 10 years ago as “recent times”. Also, wasn't Joe sold to pay for Richard Wrights pipe dream??

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 19807
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29

Re: Hardacre

Post by old cas lass » 07 Oct 2021, 18:45

Fumper27 wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 18:33
Meat and potato pie wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 17:03
tigerfeat wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 10:55 You must have forgotten about Chase Carney Lo the Snake that's four of the top of my head in recent times
Nice to see Westerman back.
Your frame of reference may differ from mine but I do not class Joe leaving 10 years ago as “recent times”. Also, wasn't Joe sold to pay for Richard Wrights pipe dream??
Joe was sold to pay for the planning application. What a Waste of money, but at least we have joe in his prime now.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11827
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: Hardacre

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Oct 2021, 19:01

Meat and potato pie wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 17:03
tigerfeat wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 10:55 You must have forgotten about Chase Carney Lo the Snake that's four of the top of my head in recent times
Nice to see Westerman back.


After effectively been offered to Hull years ago after a disciplinary incident.
I was trying to make the point we've had other players than ZH who have done wrong
I can't remember Westerman doing anything that we had to get rid of him... anyway glad he's back down lane
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1399
Joined: 17 Sep 2016, 10:17

Re: Hardacre

Post by takethetwo » 07 Oct 2021, 20:38

If anyone thinks Zak is now a clean and reformed character is in for a very rude awakening :lol: , be that Cas , Wakey or Wigan.

User avatar
Big Shug
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 75
Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 16:06
Location: West Yorks

Re: Hardacre

Post by Big Shug » 07 Oct 2021, 21:04

Surely, it’s Huddersfield Giants turn to sign him. This clown has shafted every single club he’s played for. We are branding a new era for season 2022 under Lee Radford. and hopefully the smack head is not part of those plans.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 517
Joined: 22 Aug 2017, 21:10

Re: Hardacre

Post by LeagueLeaders » 08 Oct 2021, 00:36

MrRugby123 wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 17:49 Another one of these jokers claiming we’re in for him.

“It is true that Wigan warriors are willing to waver their fee(per @EnglishRL_itk) as yesterday Hardaker has admitted to the new coaching staff that he isn’t happy at the club and would prefer to move back to former club, Castleford tigers. Expect more news in the coming days/week”
I wouldn't know much about if we're in for him but I do believe him wanting to come back. As I understood it he wasn't thrilled to be going to Wigan in the first place and always had the intention of coming back to Cas after his ban had ended. I do think Hardaker still has a lot to offer any team but I don't see why it would be Cas. We've got Evalds at fullback with Turner and Mamo both good quality centres. I'd only be signing Hardaker if he came cheaply or we were struck with injuries to our backline, which isn't unlikely tbf with our history

Six again
New member
Posts: 34
Joined: 28 Jan 2011, 03:36

Re: Hardacre

Post by Six again » 08 Oct 2021, 16:36

Well with the Fonua signing seemingly imminent can we put the Zak rumours to bed or are people still convinced he’s signing?

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 879
Joined: 14 Mar 2018, 17:35

Re: Hardacre

Post by MrRugby123 » 08 Oct 2021, 16:42

Six again wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 16:36 Well with the Fonua signing seemingly imminent can we put the Zak rumours to bed or are people still convinced he’s signing?
I think the signing of Zak would put the icing on the cake for next years squad. Do I think it will happen now we’ve signed Fonua? No!

Meat and potato pie
New member
Posts: 29
Joined: 04 Aug 2021, 14:09

Re: Hardacre

Post by Meat and potato pie » 09 Oct 2021, 15:05

Apparently Wigan have agreed a loan deal with Featherstone should they get promoted to Super League. Think Fonua availability ended him coming back to us.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 857
Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 10:44

Re: Hardacre

Post by westerbeast73 » 09 Oct 2021, 15:53

Meat and potato pie wrote: 09 Oct 2021, 15:05 Apparently Wigan have agreed a loan deal with Featherstone should they get promoted to Super League. Think Fonua availability ended him coming back to us.
Doubt Fev will win on Sunday so what happens to Zak if that's the case ?

Meat and potato pie
New member
Posts: 29
Joined: 04 Aug 2021, 14:09

Re: Hardacre

Post by Meat and potato pie » 09 Oct 2021, 17:30

Be Null and Void I should expect.

User avatar
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10534
Joined: 19 Aug 2010, 23:25
Location: bridlington

Re: Hardacre

Post by lurcher » 09 Oct 2021, 22:22

Meat and potato pie wrote: 09 Oct 2021, 17:30 Be Null and Void I should expect.
but if they lose would cas be afforded the same deal?
just asking mate, not knocking you.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Post Reply