oh no not Radford

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Cas board and Radford

Post by Hepworth7 » 21 Apr 2021, 18:03

Radford wouldn't be my choice for coach either but he'd have my support regardless. His sacking at Hull was shocking in the extreme and the guy or anyone for that matter deserved better than Pearsons public humiliation. I only hope the experience has made him a wiser man. And I for one aren't bogged down by his perceived preffered playing style,while he had plenty of big units at Hull they've also had their share of quality ball players throughout the squad. All coaches however good have a style that has evolved through years of experience,no one size fits all, Cas might just be a place where he embraces the culture,history and traditions of our club. Common sense would dictate he does that,let's hope he's intelligent enough to see that the backing of the fans,the style we play is important to many of us. Do that and I'll welcome him with open arms. If his ideas are rigid,his philosophy firmly entrenched and he has an inability to be pragmatic I'd equally happily wave him goodbye.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 21 Apr 2021, 18:04

barking wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 14:26
Classysupercas6202 wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 07:04 Interestingly in serious about rugby online,a poll of cas fans had radford way ahead of other candidates, so according to that he has the majority backing him
I saw the result of that but dont know anyone who saw or voted in it. seriousaboutrugbyleague. whatever just regurgitates stuff found on fans forums and adds a few porkies to liven things up. The lad who runs it is a clown
Would that be the same serious about rl that our famous wannabe journo Callum works for? Filling up pages with whatever he read on the form?

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 21 Apr 2021, 18:17

Spanishtiger wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 18:04

Would that be the same serious about rl that our famous wannabe journo Callum works for? Filling up pages with whatever he read on the form?
thats the one

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 21 Apr 2021, 18:19

Happy days thought it might be

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 Apr 2021, 21:16

"Lee Radford will be a great appointment if true 👍 some fans won’t like it but he’s exactly what they need off the field to fix the issues there when I left.

Just a shame it didn’t happen last year, I’d have loved the chance to work with him again before moving to pastures new"

"Won’t go into detail but during my time there the relationship between off field and on field staff often wasn’t as strong as it should be. Radford is excellent at building that and he’ll be a good fit at bringing the club together. Along with his other strengths too of course"

"Having worked with Radders at Hull and having just left Cas, I honestly think he’s by far the best person for the job. He gets a lot of bad press, not as glamorous as Powell but for lots of reasons I think he’s just what the club needs for next year"

Taken from Matt Holden's Twitter (former cas media/marketing)

Now obviously should always take stuff on social media with a pinch of salt but i dare say hes got better knowledge of the ins and outs and ways and hows of the club and Powell/Radford than most on here have
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 21 Apr 2021, 22:23

What a backwards step Radford would be.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 21 Apr 2021, 22:34

Exiled wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 22:23 What a backwards step Radford would be.
Who would you go for?

Borisfinal

Post by Borisfinal » 22 Apr 2021, 07:27

Mike Ford and James Ford?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Apr 2021, 08:59

we all think who we would like for coach you can not please everybody, as a fan the new coach as my 100% support only time will tell whether the club as picked the right one

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 22 Apr 2021, 12:14

the machine wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 21:16 "Lee Radford will be a great appointment if true 👍 some fans won’t like it but he’s exactly what they need off the field to fix the issues there when I left.

Just a shame it didn’t happen last year, I’d have loved the chance to work with him again before moving to pastures new"

"Won’t go into detail but during my time there the relationship between off field and on field staff often wasn’t as strong as it should be. Radford is excellent at building that and he’ll be a good fit at bringing the club together. Along with his other strengths too of course"

"Having worked with Radders at Hull and having just left Cas, I honestly think he’s by far the best person for the job. He gets a lot of bad press, not as glamorous as Powell but for lots of reasons I think he’s just what the club needs for next year"

Now obviously should always take stuff on social media with a pinch of salt but i dare say hes got better knowledge of the ins and outs and ways and hows of the club and Powell/Radford than most on here have
If all those quotes are from Matt Holden, we all know how good the media/marketing has been at Cas so I'm not too bothered what he thinks but it's good to hear from him...at last!

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 22 Apr 2021, 13:06

the machine wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 21:16 "Lee Radford will be a great appointment if true 👍 some fans won’t like it but he’s exactly what they need off the field to fix the issues there when I left.

Curious who are you ? Understand if you say mind your own business

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 22 Apr 2021, 13:51

Oldcasman wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 13:06

Curious who are you ? Understand if you say mind your own business
Those arent my quotes,ive just taken them from twitter
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 22 Apr 2021, 13:52

FIat Capper wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 12:14

If all those quotes are from Matt Holden, we all know how good the media/marketing has been at Cas so I'm not too bothered what he thinks but it's good to hear from him...at last!
Got to be more reliable than some of the posters on here though?

Michael Jordan

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 23 Apr 2021, 10:16

bane73 wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 12:40
Piquad1 wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 11:00 Just read on Wigan's forum Radford was offered the CAS job on Monday.?
You could've read that on here tbh. Reading cas news on Wigan forum is like looking for Jewish news on the kkk website...
Like it, very funny. :D

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: oh no not Radford

Post by gateman » 24 Apr 2021, 22:46

Radford and Briers coming our way is the latest

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 25 Apr 2021, 10:07

gateman wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 22:46 Radford and Briers coming our way is the latest
Yeah heard that yesterday as well

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 25 Apr 2021, 10:46

Well if that's true they won't be coaching a team I'm going to support so it looks like I'll be saving some money.

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 25 Apr 2021, 11:16

Piquad1 wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 10:46 Well if that's true they won't be coaching a team I'm going to support so it looks like I'll be saving some money.
Top fan you then

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 25 Apr 2021, 12:03

Piquad1 wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 10:46 Well if that's true they won't be coaching a team I'm going to support so it looks like I'll be saving some money.
What a loser.

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 25 Apr 2021, 12:25

If I was Cas and had a blank cheque book, Radford wouldn't be in my top 5 choices to be the next coach. But the short fact is, we don't have a blank cheque book and we're not gonna be pulling in many "big name" coaches. So then it's a case of picking out those willing to come in and know what they're working with.

LR's style of rugby isn't the prettiest, but for the most part it was effective. It wasn't flashy but neither was Shaun Wane's or Brian McDermott's and they both did okay!

I'll take 5 big drives and bomb into the air if it gets us to finals and wins us things. You never know, a break from the game might have changed him and his way of coaching.