BREXIT - Good or Bad ??

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: BREXIT - Good or Bad ??

Post by FIat Capper » 30 Mar 2021, 16:27

CasRus wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 13:56
FIat Capper wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 13:25 That is a very poor defence of your useless government, blaming the Labour Gov't of over ten years ago. When all else fails, blame immigration

Those densely populated areas have always been there, they just contained hard working families such as mine. And, as I said, if you knew these areas existed, why didn't they do more to protect them like locking down earlier, longer, etc?

I'm not sure there's anymore straws in the packet to clutch old lad so I suggest you get your head out of BJ's harris and look at the true details rather than Daily Mail headlines.
Wrong again Capper, those areas have NOT always been there - the huge rush on immigration has had a very serious knock on effect to this day since the Blair decision to bring thousands in in both pressure on NHS/Housing/Schooling and has forced a lot of our native population out of these areas in being overrun. I have many a friend just in Dewsbury who would testify to all that having had to move away from their suburb ThornHill which is practically fully ethnic now and they are LABOUR SUPPORTERS !!!! Now you try locking down those areas who have practically shunned the jab and have massive families all congregating and tell me how you would stop the pandemic !! You are living in Cloud Cuckoo-Land Capper !!
Those of us with long memories may remember the Smawthorne Renewal scheme. All the terraced houses from Smawthorne Lane to Oxford Street were included in a massive improvement programme, all because, at the time, it was one of the most densely populated areas in the EU.

Saltaire in Bradford is another with dense housing, Harehills, Headingley in Leeds. Have all these just been built or were they there before 1960?

Another straw clutched and dropped.

And as key worker, I also had the pleasure of visiting a number of areas within the Wakefield district with large numbers of ethnic residents and they were as quiet as anywhere else.

Huge failure of an incompetent government

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 30 Mar 2021, 21:33

Don't mention Corbyn ffs. Talk about having a bike 🤪

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 31 Mar 2021, 01:23

FIat Capper wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 16:27
CasRus wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 13:56
FIat Capper wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 13:25 That is a very poor defence of your useless government, blaming the Labour Gov't of over ten years ago. When all else fails, blame immigration

Those densely populated areas have always been there, they just contained hard working families such as mine. And, as I said, if you knew these areas existed, why didn't they do more to protect them like locking down earlier, longer, etc?

I'm not sure there's anymore straws in the packet to clutch old lad so I suggest you get your head out of BJ's harris and look at the true details rather than Daily Mail headlines.
Wrong again Capper, those areas have NOT always been there - the huge rush on immigration has had a very serious knock on effect to this day since the Blair decision to bring thousands in in both pressure on NHS/Housing/Schooling and has forced a lot of our native population out of these areas in being overrun. I have many a friend just in Dewsbury who would testify to all that having had to move away from their suburb ThornHill which is practically fully ethnic now and they are LABOUR SUPPORTERS !!!! Now you try locking down those areas who have practically shunned the jab and have massive families all congregating and tell me how you would stop the pandemic !! You are living in Cloud Cuckoo-Land Capper !!
Those of us with long memories may remember the Smawthorne Renewal scheme. All the terraced houses from Smawthorne Lane to Oxford Street were included in a massive improvement programme, all because, at the time, it was one of the most densely populated areas in the EU.

Saltaire in Bradford is another with dense housing, Harehills, Headingley in Leeds. Have all these just been built or were they there before 1960?

Another straw clutched and dropped.

And as key worker, I also had the pleasure of visiting a number of areas within the Wakefield district with large numbers of ethnic residents and they were as quiet as anywhere else.

Huge failure of an incompetent government
Capper, I just can't catch my breath at how utterly stupid that response was and totally missed the point I am making !

I'm not talking about the buildings and structure, what I am referring to is densely populated areas which means the imported immigration of thousands from the Blair years that have settled in these areas and brought even more of their families over in packs since and are encased like sardines in one area which is brimming over and while they are adding to the problem of producing a higher than average birth rate figure to make a situation even worse).

While they are failing to take the jab (as has been recently reported) and stuck in high density areas and socially engaging like they normally do in family and neighbour groups without much social distancing, don't you think that all this is undermining the drive to stop the pandemic ??? You are failing to face these facts in my opinion !!

I honestly also bet that with the upcoming census you will find 2-3 times more people living in these areas than what was in Dicks Days you have referred to from 1960 which reflects and mimics the population explosion we have seen over these past 10-20 years. LifeBoat UK can only sustain so many people on so many levels and you "as a key worker" seem to have drifted through this without even noticing !!..... Key Worker!..... My Arse !!

Over the next few years you will see that the decision by Blair to import thousands of immigrants is going to blow up up in our faces when we cannot sustain the ever burgeoning population with provision of NHS, Schools, Housing and Infrastructure - It's a matter of time !! It's not having a go and singling out ethnics as a race issue by the way, far from it, it's a question of population sustainability and balance to what we can handle as a country that is the issue here and sadly it's going in the wrong direction and badly needs addressing !

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 31 Mar 2021, 01:34

Here's a headline for you EU Loving Remainers which I hope has you choking on your CornFlakes this morning and hope you hang your heads in shame if you continue to make excuses for the UK remaining with these Back Stabbers !! :-

4.50pm update: Macron recruits VDL in bid to class Britain a 'rogue state' in latest Brexit punishment

France is pushing for Britain to be classed as a "rogue state" in revenge for Brexit, insiders have warned.

President Emmanuel Macron wants the UK to be treated with the same level of suspicion as Russia, China and Iran.

He has secured the backing of top eurocrat Ursula von der Leyen, who has ordered officials to draw up plans to exclude British scientists from cutting-edge tech projects in collaboration with the bloc.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 31 Mar 2021, 11:24

CasRus wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 01:23 Capper, I just can't catch my breath at how utterly stupid that response was and totally missed the point I am making !

I'm not talking about the buildings and structure, what I am referring to is densely populated areas which means the imported immigration of thousands from the Blair years that have settled in these areas and brought even more of their families over in packs since and are encased like sardines in one area which is brimming over and while they are adding to the problem of producing a higher than average birth rate figure to make a situation even worse).

While they are failing to take the jab (as has been recently reported) and stuck in high density areas and socially engaging like they normally do in family and neighbour groups without much social distancing, don't you think that all this is undermining the drive to stop the pandemic ??? You are failing to face these facts in my opinion !!

I honestly also bet that with the upcoming census you will find 2-3 times more people living in these areas than what was in Dicks Days you have referred to from 1960 which reflects and mimics the population explosion we have seen over these past 10-20 years. LifeBoat UK can only sustain so many people on so many levels and you "as a key worker" seem to have drifted through this without even noticing !!..... Key Worker!..... My Arse !!

Over the next few years you will see that the decision by Blair to import thousands of immigrants is going to blow up up in our faces when we cannot sustain the ever burgeoning population with provision of NHS, Schools, Housing and Infrastructure - It's a matter of time !! It's not having a go and singling out ethnics as a race issue by the way, far from it, it's a question of population sustainability and balance to what we can handle as a country that is the issue here and sadly it's going in the wrong direction and badly needs addressing !
The areas highlighted show just how far you've lost the argument.

Firstly, as I have pointed out, the areas in question HAVE always been densely populated but let me run with your theory that the 'immigrants' are responsible for the very high and unnecessary death toll.

I assume you are aware, that in spite of these people living as they do, not having the vaccine and partying all day in the street, the daily death rate has plummeted since Christmas. Down from over a thousand a day to less than 100. Surely if the 'immigrants' were the original cause of the catastrophic death toll it would still be fairly high?

Perhaps it is simply a case of the poor actions of this government, not locking down early enough, opening up and encouraging folk to get out and about without either an adequate track and trace system or any vaccine, that pushed the death toll to its devastating heights?

And as for the last part, you don't even have the grace to accept facts when presented to you. I have been working throughout this pandemic, part of a team that has helped kept the district open and running. I've been involved in delivering test and vaccine centers and also assisted through the poor weather conditions we've experienced. Do not dismiss me without being bothered to find out who I am and what I do.

Your an absolute disgrace and not worthy of further comment.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 31 Mar 2021, 11:47

FIat Capper wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 11:24
CasRus wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 01:23 Capper, I just can't catch my breath at how utterly stupid that response was and totally missed the point I am making !

The areas highlighted show just how far you've lost the argument.

Firstly, as I have pointed out, the areas in question HAVE always been densely populated but let me run with your theory that the 'immigrants' are responsible for the very high and unnecessary death toll.

I assume you are aware, that in spite of these people living as they do, not having the vaccine and partying all day in the street, the daily death rate has plummeted since Christmas. Down from over a thousand a day to less than 100. Surely if the 'immigrants' were the original cause of the catastrophic death toll it would still be fairly high?

Perhaps it is simply a case of the poor actions of this government, not locking down early enough, opening up and encouraging folk to get out and about without either an adequate track and trace system or any vaccine, that pushed the death toll to its devastating heights?

And as for the last part, you don't even have the grace to accept facts when presented to you. I have been working throughout this pandemic, part of a team that has helped kept the district open and running. I've been involved in delivering test and vaccine centers and also assisted through the poor weather conditions we've experienced. Do not dismiss me without being bothered to find out who I am and what I do.

Your an absolute disgrace and not worthy of further comment.
Capper, if you read my comment about you it's the fact of not what you do or have done (which is admirable and applaud) , it's in reference to you walking around such areas with your eyes shut to issues and problems of overpopulated areas which you are still dodging the issue when you are trying to generally say these areas have always been overpopulated and not acknowledging the over population of today which far exceeds population of yesterday and which I am saying that it just can't keep going up without totally busting the system and add to climate change and pollution - it's a question of balance and that is being heavily skewed now with over population.

The other fact is, is that you make out and are quick to condemn the Government on all aspects when in actual fact it's not all their fault and certain people in society are part of the cause - Let's see what happens over Easter shall we and see how many covid rule-breaking incidents appear on the news channels like we have been seeing these last few weeks already !!

And by the way, this will be my last post as I have much better things to now do with my time seeing the sun is starting to shine !

See You, Be Good and Keep Up the Good Work You are Doing !!

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 31 Mar 2021, 12:43

Your comments were specifically aimed at 'immigrants' but either way, all those not abiding by the rules are still there and have been since the death rates started plummeting.

Therefore, and without doubt, the governments actions are the main cause and this cannot be doubted.

You are right to fear the reopening but that is once again, a choice of your party.

hazzy

Post by hazzy » 31 Mar 2021, 14:27

Back to the Government buying millions of vaccines early, nobody has/had come across anything like this pandemic, todays medical technicians, have access to modern technology which transcends anything they had in the early 1900's, the Government hasn't any experience of this kind of pandemic, so would have to rely on experts in the field, so for me decisions made by Johnson/ Hancock and Co. would most likely have come from these experts, as I suspect so would Labour had they been in power, (whooo a cold shiver just went down my back) and as far as buying the vaccines very early, I'm sure a competent Government, would have been in touch with these companies finding out that their tests throughout the world is working, and possibly made a judgement they had nothing to loose by buying millions of vaccines, and be ready for the off once they where passed,,,, Corbyn, who would have been the prime minister had they one the last election, must be laughing his socks off, for not winning,,,, Headline,- Brexit - Good or Bad ? ?,,,, answer- Bloody GOOD

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 31 Mar 2021, 17:16

FIat Capper wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 16:27 And as key worker, I also had the pleasure of visiting a number of areas within the Wakefield district with large numbers of ethnic residents and they were as quiet as anywhere else.
imagine an organisation so bloated and inefficient that it employs someone like Capper to manage wastrels living in taxpayer subsidised housing and you have Labour run WMDC

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 01 Apr 2021, 11:34

alftupper wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 17:16
FIat Capper wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 16:27 And as key worker, I also had the pleasure of visiting a number of areas within the Wakefield district with large numbers of ethnic residents and they were as quiet as anywhere else.
imagine an organisation so bloated and inefficient that it employs someone like Capper to manage wastrels living in taxpayer subsidised housing and you have Labour run WMDC
I can only just see your tiny little worm dangling in the water and it's not big enough to tempt me. Keep fishing...

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 02 Apr 2021, 09:40

Here's a titbit of news that will brighten the Tory boys day !
The top 2365 richest people in Britain have increased there wealth by £2.89 trillion during Covid !
That's more than 1 billion each ! Thank god we haven't got the wealth tax that Mr Corbyn suggested or this Tory party
wouldn't be able to put us in austerity for the next ten years .

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 02 Apr 2021, 13:42

And, Here's a titbit news story released today and more or less says it all about why it was always best to leave the EU - Just thought I would interject again :-

The UK is starting to succeed and thrive now we are free of the shackles of the EU, so the bureaucrats in Brussels are rightly terrified more countries will want to leave.

Who could blame them when you see the mess they seem to be making of everything!

However, some good news, Priti Patel has finally announced the UK's new Asylum and Refugee Policy to accompany the new Australia-style Immigration Points System.

The new proposals are welcome reading for anyone wanting this country to finally 'Take Back Control' of our borders, and include measures such as ending the ability of lawyers to make last-minute appeals to deport criminals, as well as rejecting asylum claims if someone enters the UK illegally.

This means asylum claims made by anyone 'at risk' in a refugee camp, will be given priority over those coming here via France and other EU Member States, where they should already be evidently safe.

This is important as in the first three months of 2021, the number of migrant crossings to Britain from France was three times as many as in the first three months of 2020. What is more absurd is these migrant boats continue to be escorted into UK waters and onto our shores by the French, instead of being unloaded from unsafe small boats and simply returned to France.

Why on earth are we still sending millions of pounds every year to France to properly police these crossings if they are not doing so? I think it's time to put this money to better use and invest in more border patrol vessels of our own!

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 03 Apr 2021, 16:12

Your not wrong CasRus. We give the French millions and this as got to stop because they are taking the p*ss. We are well rid of the EU and all it stands for. The vast majority are Islamic migrants and once here they think they can carry on their beliefs ie not respecting women. Recent news of a Islamic failed asylum seeker awaiting deportation dismembered a young British woman above a kebab shop is not surprising, and when you see what is coming over the channel you have to worry..

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 03 Apr 2021, 17:16

Another interjection on my part as here's another news snippit that remainers on this topic have tried to diss us leavers with regard to the government caving in on fishing and which is another blow to the persistent arguments of remainers like Capper !!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brexit wins! UK has secured THREE massive fishing victories over EU, says industry insider
Reported by Bill McLoughlin 8 hrs ago

Although fishermen in Scotland have experienced export issues, Barrie Deas chief executive of the National Federation of Fishermen's Organisation, claimed there had been three instant benefits of the Brexit deal for the industry. Speaking to Express.co.uk, Mr Deas acknowledged fishermen did not receive as much quota return as they had wanted but would still benefit from the 25 percent from the EU. Mr Deas also stated how the UK was now an independent coastal nation and will therefore be able to represent itself in international fisheries treaties.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once and if we get over this Pandemic, let's see what was the best outcome for the UK as I am certain it won't be and wasn't to remain in the EU !!

All this might be overridden by worrying developments in Ukraine with Russia now amassing tanks on their border and China looking to make a move on Taiwan - As that famous song goes....... "Their May Be Trouble Ahead" !!!!!! Get your hard hats ready as this may go global if it kicks off !!!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 04 Apr 2021, 08:43

And another 2 snippets of News of why it was always best to leave the EU:-
----------------------------------------------------------------
Brexit bonanza! Truss’s £15bn Japan deal already paying dividends: 'Reaping the benefits'
THE groundbreaking agreement with Japan signed by Liz Truss last year, widely predicted to boost the value of deals between the two countries by £15.7billion, is already paying dividends after the launch of a record-breaking trade event.
By CIARAN MCGRATH
And Graham Stuart MP, Minister for Exports at the Department for International Trade, said the Partnering with Japan – Spring ’21 Free Trade Agreement Series, said British companies were now poised for a crack at the world’s third-largest economy. In total, 600 companies attended the virtual launch event, while more than 1,600 companies have now taken part in the mission, whereby government officials facilitate introductions between businessmen and women from different countries.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
'EU is a ticking time bomb!' Britons mock EU after expert warns of economic obliteration
By Oliver Pritchard-Jones

Hundreds flocked to comment on Express.co.uk after an economic expert revealed the bloc's banking system was teetering on the brink of collapse. Director-General of the think tank Centre for Brexit Policy John Longworth argued this was set to cause serious economic decline throughout the bloc.
Fortunately for the UK, which is now totally free of Brussels' suffocating bureaucracy, it can forge a much more successful path, he said.
Among hundreds of comments, one Express.co.uk reader slammed those still wanting to be part of the doomed European project.
They wrote: "Still want a piece of the failed European project Remainers?"
Another said: "The EU is a ticking time bomb set to implode and those countries that are still in the club will wish they had followed the UK's example and left.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 06 Apr 2021, 13:23

All very interesting and only time will tell if the new deals will adequately replace the old deals that we already had as part of the EU.

I'm still puzzled as to why being allowed to land more fish is useful when we can't export it in time? Does the express cover any stories relating to the continued difficulties many businesses are facing in their attempts to get trade to/from the EU member states? A number of SME's are looking at closing because of the increased costs - a real benefit!

The immigration system could be a winner, just long as it doesn't replicate the Australian system and bring in even more.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 04 May 2021, 14:24

The big one! Brexit trade agreement with India could pave way for £100 BILLION deal
Ciaran McGrath 3 hrs ago

Mr Johnson unveiled a new £1 billion agreement with India's President Narendra Modi which he says will create 6,500 British jobs, with the two due to formalise arrangements during a virtual meeting today. However, Nayan Gala, co-founder of venture capitalist firm JPIN VCATS, suggested Mr Johnson's announcement had the potential to deliver vastly bigger benefits for both sides.

He said: "It's great to see that the UK and Indian governments have agreed to this trade partnership.

"India is a 21st century powerhouse and the UK-India trading relationship is already worth almost £24 billion, with 383 Indian companies in the UK employing more than 82,000 people."

Mr Gala added: "The ETP will help to fuel economic recovery in a post-Brexit, post-Covid UK and really allow the UK to benefit from the immense growth India is about to experience in the coming decade.

"A free trade deal with India could be as high as £50-100 billion and will open the door to 1.3 billion potential customers for UK businesses, and provide opportunities for business improvement, consolidation, foreign expansion and diversification in a rapidly growing market."

With India currently in the grip of a surge in coronavirus cases, the British Asian Trust has raised over £1.6 million in the last week through its emergency appeal, while BOC Ltd has donated 5,000 empty oxygen cylinders, the first of which were transferred to Chennai today by the Indian Air Force.

Mr Johnson commented: "Like every aspect of the UK-India relationship, the economic links between our countries make our people stronger and safer.

"In the decade ahead, with the help of the new Partnership signed today and a comprehensive Free Trade Agreement, we will double the value of our trading partnership with India and take the relationship between our two countries to new highs."

Alex Ellis, High Commissioner to India added: "Trade and investment between the UK and India is already significant, creating jobs and growth in both countries.

"Today our Prime Ministers have set an ambitious target of doubling trade by 2030 and announcing £1 billion of new trade and investment.

"I will work tirelessly with our Indian friends and partners in the public and private sector to fulfil our leaders' ambition."

The ETP will create immediate opportunities for businesses across industries, including: a commitment for mutual recognition of Seafarers' Certificate of Competency; an independent risk-based decision-making process for suitable listing and re-listing of new and de-listed Indian fishery establishments and phased reduction in shrimp sampling protocol; and a taskforce under a new healthcare pillar which will provide opportunities for Indian nurses and nursing associates seeking to train and work for the NHS.

graphical user interface, website: Narendra Modi© Express Narendra Modi
Trade between the UK and India is already worth around £23 billion a year, supporting more than half-a-million jobs.

The £1 billion package of new UK-India trade and investment includes:
Over £533 million of new Indian investment into the UK, in vital and growing sectors such as health and technology
British exports to India worth more than £446 million. This includes CMR Surgical exporting its next-generation 'Versius' surgical robotic system, which helps surgeons perform minimal access surgery, being rolled out to hospitals in India.
£200 million of these deals will support low carbon growth.
Elizabeth Truss wearing a white shirt: Liz Truss© GETTY Liz Truss
The package of measures announced today will create more than 6,500 new jobs around the UK.

India is on track to be the world's third-largest economy by 2030.

The ETP is intended to double the value of UK-India trade by 2030, as well as signalling the two countries' shared intent to begin work towards negotiations on a comprehensive FTA.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 04 May 2021, 15:14

I've no doubt the break from the EU regulations on standards will allow billions of pounds of cheap tat to flood in...

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 05 May 2021, 10:03

FIat Capper wrote: 04 May 2021, 15:14 I've no doubt the break from the EU regulations on standards will allow billions of pounds of cheap tat to flood in...
I see you haven't found those rose tinted glasses yet eh Capper !!

I would rather see cheap tat from India arriving to replace the cheap tat from China we have been importing for years while China has enriched themselves to the point of owning a world class military and now about to invade Taiwan and the Phillipines for South China Sea Control while the West has been asleep on the job !!!

We need Eastern friendly countries who are pro UK and have a significant clout in being a progressive country and where we have the chance to export to a huge population of our own tat as once China launch themselves into military action as to what it is now looking like, we will need these surrounding countries in trying to contain them !!!

Strategically, this trade deal has more importance than you seem ready to accept Capper !! Very Short Sighted on your part !!!

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 05 May 2021, 12:06

Strategically, we've been close allies with India for many years and co-operated on many things, including trade. sadly, they (Indian) has and continues to develop it's manufacturing industry, along the lines of China's, so financially, we may suffer in the long-term.

they may be some benefit from great investment in our own 'Green Industries' so tat we can start to export these to the third world/South Asia/Africa but they will copy and develop the technology to suite their ends.

I welcome trade with India but it has nothing to do with Brexit.