BREXIT - Good or Bad ??

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: BREXIT - Good or Bad ??

Post by baldtiger » 16 Nov 2021, 14:37

Sadly Shell are failing to reduce there carbon emissions by 45% by 2030 which the Dutch are demanding . If they move there HQ to us then that is no longer a problem for them . Shell insisted it would continue to be a “significant employer” in the Netherlands, where it still plans to have have a “major presence”. Certain parts of its business, including its projects and technology divisions, and renewable energies hub, will remain in The Hague . There will be more profit for the shareholders too . Britain will be getting a chunk of tax money so its not all bad
As for the train project am glad its been abandoned . Personally I didn't see much benefit to the north maybe am missing something !

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 16 Nov 2021, 17:03

baldtiger wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 14:37 Sadly Shell are failing to reduce there carbon emissions by 45% by 2030 which the Dutch are demanding . If they move there HQ to us then that is no longer a problem for them . Shell insisted it would continue to be a “significant employer” in the Netherlands, where it still plans to have have a “major presence”. Certain parts of its business, including its projects and technology divisions, and renewable energies hub, will remain in The Hague . There will be more profit for the shareholders too . Britain will be getting a chunk of tax money so its not all bad
As for the train project am glad its been abandoned . Personally I didn't see much benefit to the north maybe am missing something !
Its reported that the train project would have taken 58,000 cars off the road and the pollution with them so it had its benefits together with a higher job efficiency however there is always an offset to the damage to natural surroundings and wild animal habitats / farmland etc

The problem for Boris and Co is that the promises made to break the Red Wall will most definitely come to bite hard come the next election and feel sure he will have to pull a few rabbits out of his top hat as traditional North labour voters will feel that they gave him the chance and he is about to blow that up in their faces - not that the big Covid Debt makes it almost impossible to carry these projects through at this point in time until we get the finances back in order !!!

Personally, I can see that Boris will not be in charge come the next election as he is carrying too much baggage now and I think Sunak will be the bright eyed boy voted in to take charge which will give the best chance for the Cons ( pardon the pun as most labour people will now take that literally!!) to remain in power !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 16 Nov 2021, 17:43

CasRus wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 17:03
baldtiger wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 14:37 Sadly Shell are failing to reduce there carbon emissions by 45% by 2030 which the Dutch are demanding . If they move there HQ to us then that is no longer a problem for them . Shell insisted it would continue to be a “significant employer” in the Netherlands, where it still plans to have have a “major presence”. Certain parts of its business, including its projects and technology divisions, and renewable energies hub, will remain in The Hague . There will be more profit for the shareholders too . Britain will be getting a chunk of tax money so its not all bad
Its reported that the train project would have taken 58,000 cars off the road and the pollution with them so it had its benefits
I think by the time the HS2 route was ready to open the majority of us will be driving electric cars anyway and in 30 years time the internal combustion engine will be a relic of the past

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 16 Nov 2021, 23:45

alftupper wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 17:43
CasRus wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 17:03
Its reported that the train project would have taken 58,000 cars off the road and the pollution with them so it had its benefits
I think by the time the HS2 route was ready to open the majority of us will be driving electric cars anyway and in 30 years time the internal combustion engine will be a relic of the past
That's a good point made Alf which I had overlooked and had failed to take into consideration,,,,,,,,, well observed !!

Just hope the Blue team do make some inroads to levelling up the North/South divide somehow as all that good work in attracting votes from trad Labour will crash and burn when such levelling up Northern Projects like HS2 get shelved so let's hope all the new green tech business planned comes hard and fast into Northern Areas and starts to make sense as to why the Red to Blue to switch was worthwhile !

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 07 Dec 2021, 17:24

Not been vocal on this topic lately, but, Hoping to keep you Positive you "Doubting Thomas" Remainers and your heads pulled back out of the Gas Oven by the following news release today !! :-

Brexit Britain victory! Firms eye export explosion outside EU - majority turn back on bloc

In the lead up to the 2016 vote for the UK to split from Brussels, a whole host of politicians (including government officials), and business leaders warned that Brexit would turn Britain into an isolated, inward-looking country with a smaller influence on the international stage. But new research suggests that UK companies are now working more than ever to expand their exports to the global market.

A survey of 752 decision-makers within UK businesses by global logistics provider One World Express found that the majority either already operate internationally or are planning to expand overseas by the end of 2022.

The survey revealed that this was not a mere coincidence but a direct result of the decision to leave the EU.

62 percent of respondents said Brexit prompted them to move into markets outside of the EU rather than keep their imports inside the bloc.

Meanwhile, 68 percent said they have noticed an increased demand for their goods across global markets since the 2016 vote.

Far from having restricted them to a limited, dwindling market, more than two-thirds of the business leaders surveyed said having a brand that is identifiably British has enhanced their reputation across the world.

This comes amid attempts by Foreign Secretary Liz Truss to enter Britain into the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) trade group.

There are currently 11 counties in CPTPP, including Australia, Japan and New Zealand.

The Government hopes to gain accession to the partnership.

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 08 Dec 2021, 14:36

All of Boris Johnson’s new post-Brexit trade deals put together will have an economic benefit of just £3 to £7 per person over the next 15 years, according to the government’s own figures.

The tiny economic boost – amounting to just 0.01 to 0.02 per cent of GDP, and less than 50p per person a year – is dwarfed by the economic hit from leaving the EU, which the government estimates at 4 per cent of GDP over the same period.
That's from the tory boys themselves .. Not that they will be bothered there still making billions from the pandemic , track and trace and property investments . There still partying hard lol
While we all wait for austerity to kick in hard , there are more people living in poverty since the 2nd world war , more people on the streets , I never thought id see the day when the UK would be so divided .
I see the care bill was passed last week which opens the doors for more privatization of the NHS . Already private do more knee and hip replacements than the NHS so the rick are once again all good..

Richard Burgon MP
@RichardBurgon
If we put a 10% tax on the wealth of those with over £100m, we would raise £69 billion.

A Wealth Tax is how we should fund much-needed investment in social care - not a hike in National Insurance contributions that will hit the lowest paid. That will never happen under this Government or under Labour to be fair they have swung that much to the right it a choice of blue or light blue now lol . The party for the working class has gone !! Merry Christmas to you all COYF

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 09 Dec 2021, 01:25

baldtiger wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 14:36 All of Boris Johnson’s new post-Brexit trade deals put together will have an economic benefit of just £3 to £7 per person over the next 15 years, according to the government’s own figures.

The tiny economic boost – amounting to just 0.01 to 0.02 per cent of GDP, and less than 50p per person a year – is dwarfed by the economic hit from leaving the EU, which the government estimates at 4 per cent of GDP over the same period.
That's from the tory boys themselves .. Not that they will be bothered there still making billions from the pandemic , track and trace and property investments . There still partying hard lol
While we all wait for austerity to kick in hard , there are more people living in poverty since the 2nd world war , more people on the streets , I never thought id see the day when the UK would be so divided .
I see the care bill was passed last week which opens the doors for more privatization of the NHS . Already private do more knee and hip replacements than the NHS so the rick are once again all good..

Richard Burgon MP
@RichardBurgon
If we put a 10% tax on the wealth of those with over £100m, we would raise £69 billion.

A Wealth Tax is how we should fund much-needed investment in social care - not a hike in National Insurance contributions that will hit the lowest paid. That will never happen under this Government or under Labour to be fair they have swung that much to the right it a choice of blue or light blue now lol . The party for the working class has gone !! Merry Christmas to you all COYF
Time will Tell as it's too early to make out what will actually happen ! You can only go with the democratic vote for Brexit and hope we all get behind it as that is exactly where we are !

Anyway, The EU looks as if it is in a much worse state than what you are making out !!

It's been a long drawn out comfort blanket we have been wrapped in for far too long in my opinion ! The fractures are now appearing all over Europe if you haven't already noticed and it may just be a blessing that we have opted out ! Leaving the safety of a mother ship and boldly going on to find new pastures in my opinion is what this country and people have always been about rather than sitting on backsides in front of the fire with slippers on and getting Piles !!!

I do take your point and agree with you though that the filthy stinking rich should dig deep into their deep pockets which, if needs must, I perceive it may happen to stop the country cratering out of economic control as it would be in their own interests to make the country survive in the short term for them to make more millions in the long game (They wouldn't be that stupid to watch the country go to rack and ruin and jeopardize their own country piles and lose the safe haven of UK existence for them and their kids ) !! After all, there comes a point where there is only so much draining and squeezing of the Middle and Lower classes that can be taken when there is actually no more juice to squeeze !!

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 27 Jan 2022, 14:06

Here's one for you Tories to enjoy, excerpt taken from the online Yorkshire Post:

"A Treasury Committee report into October’s Autumn Budget and Spending Review highlighted that the UK Shared Prosperity Fund is worth just 60 per cent of the EU Structural Investment Fund it is replacing.

The UK Shared Prosperity Fund, which is due to be launched this April, was described in the Spending Review as the “centrepiece” of the Government’s levelling up ambitions and is due to be worth £1.5bn a year by 2024/25. But the committee’s report highlighted that it is the replacement for the EU Structural Fund programme, which it said had been worth £2.5bn a year before Brexit."

Another Brexit success...

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 27 Jan 2022, 18:11

FIat Capper wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 14:06 Here's one for you Tories to enjoy, excerpt taken from the online Yorkshire Post:

"A Treasury Committee report into October’s Autumn Budget and Spending Review highlighted that the UK Shared Prosperity Fund is worth just 60 per cent of the EU Structural Investment Fund it is replacing.

The UK Shared Prosperity Fund, which is due to be launched this April, was described in the Spending Review as the “centrepiece” of the Government’s levelling up ambitions and is due to be worth £1.5bn a year by 2024/25. But the committee’s report highlighted that it is the replacement for the EU Structural Fund programme, which it said had been worth £2.5bn a year before Brexit."

Another Brexit success...
Never easy coming out of an establishment and there is always pain before the gain !! It will hopefully and eventually be worth the wait to get Team UK into the Big Misters League again and not beholden to those nasty EU leaders like Macron !

The money we don't have to pay into that thieving slipperly fingered EU cartel, for me, makes it all worthwhile !!

There's some big changes and hope for optimism in the future as I see the rush for Green Technologies to answer a very urgent call to address climate change will change our fortunes dramatically in the next few years and especially when recent announcements like electric battery technology done in the UK is just the start !

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 27 Jan 2022, 18:24

CasRus wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 18:11 ...The money we don't have to pay into that thieving slipperly fingered EU cartel, for me, makes it all worthwhile !!...
Only if they choose to use it wisely and the cuts I mentioned appear to point to the opposite.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 29 Jan 2022, 14:52

Daily Express Brexit News Release:-

The EU is furious at plans to boost British jobs by demanding offshore wind firms submit plans showing how they will ensure more parts are made in the UK by 2030. France and Spain are leading the furious reaction shared among member states, and have demanded the European Commission step in and take action. They have claimed contracts totalling billions of pounds for new wind farms must be opened up to companies on the continent.

Brussels has also claimed the UK Government is breaking the terms of the Brexit trade agreement signed between the two sides in December 2020.

The EU had been expected to launch a formal dispute at World Trade Organisation (WTO), according to The Sun.

A Whitehall source told the newspaper: "With Britain snapping up offshore wind factories and the thousands of jobs they come with, it's no surprise Brussels are throwing their toys out of the pram.

"They're clearly envious of the progress we're making."

Now Britons have launched a scathing attack against the EU as post-Brexit tensions risk exploding once again.

Reacting to our initial story, Express.co.uk reader "sam the man" raged: "We will only be doing what the EU is already doing and putting our companies first.

"If they don't like it, tough!"

Fellow reader "bru62" wrote: "The EU, the biggest protectionist club in the world, wants to take us to court? Laughable."

"Spooks" boasted: "The UK starting to reclaim some of the industry that was bribed away over the decades by the EU, to weaken the UK and therefore make them more subservient."

"SanjayP" said: "So, the EU thought they could retain privileges after Brexit. Nope."

"MountErebus" added: "Brexit Britain again outmanoeuvring the EU."

The latest demands from the EU would threaten thousands of jobs for Britons, but UK ministers have vowed to hit back at the legal challenge from Brussels.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 30 Jan 2022, 09:37

FIat Capper wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 18:24
CasRus wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 18:11 ...The money we don't have to pay into that thieving slipperly fingered EU cartel, for me, makes it all worthwhile !!...
Only if they choose to use it wisely and the cuts I mentioned appear to point to the opposite.
Latest estimates reckon COVID has cost the country £400bn and yet the same old voices call for further spending.
It's time for payback and all these people who have enjoyed their tax payer funded furlough holiday for the last year or so are now going to pay, suck it up.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 01 Feb 2022, 12:55

alftupper wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 09:37
FIat Capper wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 18:24
Latest estimates reckon COVID has cost the country £400bn and yet the same old voices call for further spending.
It's time for payback and all these people who have enjoyed their tax payer funded furlough holiday for the last year or so are now going to pay, suck it up.
I'm not calling for further spending, just asking them to keep the promises they made. Use the additional money from the savings on EU spending to continue the investment in areas like ours to level up.

And keep your cream current, furlough has ended. We could also target all those who evade and avoid paying the appropriate level of tax. That would pay one or two bills don't you think?