Cas tigers Ladies

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
User avatar
Exiled
Kirk Dixon
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:16 pm
Location: LS1

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by Exiled » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:28 pm

pete27 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:15 pm
Cas tigers women team have had a good season coming top of the league and in two finals in which Leeds were too good for them in both finals.
No disrespect to the coach. but Perhaps it is time to let a male coach the team it worked for Leeds.
On the contrary, I think there should be more women coaching. Leeds should encourage women by letting them coach, rather than letting an old pro do it. The game is still developing and letting women learn their trade and gain experience has to be more important than results. You can only be proud of Cas for having a great womens coach in charge.

The RFL have let the women's game down again. Should have played the game in Yorkshire (we all know the balls up that meant it was not), and should have dignified the game with a super-league ref and a video referee.

Thought it was a decent game and Cas were unlucky not to get the win. Well done to the Leeds lasses, they had a bit more composure and individual skill when it was needed. A great advert for the high standard of fitness, commitment and skill that is on show in women's RL.

mdean
Junior Moors
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:21 pm
Twitter: Sacked social media
Location: Leicestershire
Contact:

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by mdean » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:53 pm

Hindsight is 20:20 as they say, but the celebrations after the first and second try were similar to one to win in the 79th minute. my personal feeling was there was too much emotional energy too early and that would tell.

Leeds managed that better to be honest and when things went well, they didn't get giddy and when things went wrong, they just got on with it. In my own work and life, that is the thing that makes the difference, not worrying about if you can recreate a 10/10 good day, but making sure your bad days/times are a 7 or an 8.

Was a good game, for a neutral, lots of chances... ultimately Leeds were better forgetting any officiating.

SREGITSAC
Junior Moors
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:31 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by SREGITSAC » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:27 am

TheSheriff wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:30 pm
How poor form is it from the RFL not giving Cas medals for league leaders or runners up medals tonight too?
They got medals

betts21
Danny Orr
Posts: 2661
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by betts21 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:53 am

mdean wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:53 pm
Hindsight is 20:20 as they say, but the celebrations after the first and second try were similar to one to win in the 79th minute. my personal feeling was there was too much emotional energy too early and that would tell.

Leeds managed that better to be honest and when things went well, they didn't get giddy and when things went wrong, they just got on with it. In my own work and life, that is the thing that makes the difference, not worrying about if you can recreate a 10/10 good day, but making sure your bad days/times are a 7 or an 8.

Was a good game, for a neutral, lots of chances... ultimately Leeds were better forgetting any officiating.
Agree with this Leeds just stuck to there game plan never really got rattled and just believed in what there aim was I think cas have 5 super talented women and some that are carried by these.
Leeds have a solid team of good players.
The cas team really looked like the first team in terms of just no real pace and poor lumb on the bench was picked out as the weakness and Leeds just kept at her I would have liked arnfield to have tried move something around to help combat that. Also think a massive shift in the game from not making touch with the kick. Thought peach was class and how good is dodds gunna be 16 years old and strong as an ox

classycas57
Dean Widders
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by classycas57 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:34 am

Leeds kicking game far superior was the difference. Hetherington,sinfield involved,. A male coach in Cuthbertson. Was wells there? The difference also was better coaching it was obvious. Poor lumb should have been subbed.

braytontiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4889
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:17 am

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by braytontiger » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:53 am

betts21 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:53 am
mdean wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:53 pm
Hindsight is 20:20 as they say, but the celebrations after the first and second try were similar to one to win in the 79th minute. my personal feeling was there was too much emotional energy too early and that would tell.

Leeds managed that better to be honest and when things went well, they didn't get giddy and when things went wrong, they just got on with it. In my own work and life, that is the thing that makes the difference, not worrying about if you can recreate a 10/10 good day, but making sure your bad days/times are a 7 or an 8.

Was a good game, for a neutral, lots of chances... ultimately Leeds were better forgetting any officiating.
Agree with this Leeds just stuck to there game plan never really got rattled and just believed in what there aim was I think cas have 5 super talented women and some that are carried by these.
Leeds have a solid team of good players.
The cas team really looked like the first team in terms of just no real pace and poor lumb on the bench was picked out as the weakness and Leeds just kept at her I would have liked arnfield to have tried move something around to help combat that. Also think a massive shift in the game from not making touch with the kick. Thought peach was class and how good is dodds gunna be 16 years old and strong as an ox
A good team will always beat a team with 5/6 good individuals.that said the ladies have had a fine season that they can and should build on. Getting that first trophy is the key knowing how to win. Some of those lasses absolutely crumble when the pressure is on,I said this the other week when they lost at saints. The young lass at hb came off at ht yesterday completely beating herself up for having a poor half despite been in a well deserved lead. Any Leeds player seeing this would have been lifted ten fold.
Lots to learn for this team but if they stick together they will get to there goal eventually and it will be all the more sweeter.

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz
Posts: 7254
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by tigerfeat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:00 am

How many times is that on the bounce Leeds have beaten us men and women in a show piece final
Some of them cas have been strong favourites but it dosnt make any difference you can almost tell whats going to happen in these games before it does ...

fords
Luke Gale
Posts: 3481
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 8:40 am

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by fords » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:28 am

tigerfeat wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:00 am
How many times is that on the bounce Leeds have beaten us men and women in a show piece final
Some of them cas have been strong favourites but it dosnt make any difference you can almost tell whats going to happen in these games before it does ...
Simple Leeds are a club of born winners. Cas are a club of amateurs in every sense from top to bottom.

gateman
Danny Orr
Posts: 2779
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by gateman » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:29 am

Entertaining game a good advert for their game, Leeds looked to have more speed in the backs and their number 7 is a class act, our players need a slap on the back for winning the league onward and upwards girls

heritage1926
Danny Orr
Posts: 1384
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:27 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by heritage1926 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:37 am

tigerfeat wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:00 am
How many times is that on the bounce Leeds have beaten us men and women in a show piece final
Some of them cas have been strong favourites but it dosnt make any difference you can almost tell whats going to happen in these games before it does ...
5 now.

Men 2014 CC and 2017 GF
Women 2018, 2019 CC and 2019 GF

Tamworth Tiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4021
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:29 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by Tamworth Tiger » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:50 am

There’s a lot more than that for the men including Yorkshire cups and 1969 Championship Final.
I can’t think of a final that we have won against Leeds in the club’s history
I feel a bit sorry for our brilliant women’s team who play for the love of the game being bracketed with our full time( and previously part time) men’s team on this though.
Image

Sharlotiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1144
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: WAKEFIELD

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by Sharlotiger » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:59 pm

Cas have never beaten Leeds in a final and can't see that changing any time soon.

User avatar
alftupper
Luke Gale
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:41 am

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by alftupper » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:12 pm

tigerfeat wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:00 am
How many times is that on the bounce Leeds have beaten us men and women in a show piece final
Some of them cas have been strong favourites but it dosnt make any difference you can almost tell whats going to happen in these games before it does ...
Same with St Helens away we are a beaten team getting on the coach. Mentally weak

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz
Posts: 7254
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by tigerfeat » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:31 am

Just read Gary Schofield made some ridiculous remarks about the women's game after the match never heard anyone talk as much crap as he does about rugby league

Ken Smith
Kirk Dixon
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:44 am

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by Ken Smith » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:05 am

Cas have lost 32 matches, drawn3 (2 of which were in the first 2 seasons in the Group stages of the BBC Floodlit Competition) and won only 11 matches matches in knockout competitions, 4 of which were also in the BBC Floodlit Competition.

Post Reply