Hull FC v Castleford Tigers [Rnd 13]

Relive the memories, all previous seasons match threads can be found in here.
duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Hull FC v Castleford Tigers [Rnd 13]

Post by duke street 10 » 05 May 2018, 20:34

It was a pretty terrible 1st half. We improved 2nd half for about 20 minute and i felt we had Hull on their heels but we bombed two real chances.

Liam Watts was our best player by some distance i thought. But heck we have a lot of work to do on the training field to get close to Saints next week.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 06 May 2018, 01:45

Agree about Watts although Moors had probably his best game of the season too. McMeeken 2nd made some yards as did Ollie particularly 2st

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 06 May 2018, 10:39

I don't think Foster had a great game as if he had had speed of thought to pass on one of our breaks we would have scored and then another glorious chance where he dropped the ball.

The lads also need to wise up when a player is running across to not fall for that old reverse pass trick that sought them out a couple of times - inside players need to come across and cover this and that's a training ground practise issue that needs instilling.

Given the players and play makers missing, there were some very encouraging signs in the second half where the "last season Cas of old" were showing some nice passing moves and some very close to being tries. First half was error ridden and practise ground training is needed to sort the high kicks out that we are not dealing with just now - whats wrong in jumping up with one arm high to punch the ball out where it's touch and go on the line - sure it puts a goal line drop out and team back under pressure but saves the chance of a try when the ball is coming down on the line and defence is way under pressure.

I have always said this that focus, concentration, speed (of thought and move execution) and agility will overcome power and that's where DP needs to focus on against these big powerful teams like Hull. That proved it yesterday when the ball and moves were being executed in the second half for me and we could have had them caught up on the scoreboard - need to do more and also back up Watts/Millington when punching through for an offload.

Just my observations but I'm not the coaching team am I !!!

I think we can come good and not too despondent just yet !

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 06 May 2018, 14:01

Really good analysis that!