Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Offical: Bulls enter administration

Post by Matt » 26 Jun 2012, 10:47

Bradford Bulls have entered administration, with the administrators claiming they have just 10 days to save the club from liquidation.

Brendan Guilfoyle and Chris White from The P&A Partnership, were appointed joint administrators on Monday.

Guilfoyle said: "We now have just 10 working days to save the club from liquidation because there are no funds to carry on longer.

"If anyone is interested in buying the Bulls then we need to hear from them."

Continue reading...
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

OT - Bradford Enter Administration

Post by dettoriman » 26 Jun 2012, 11:03

Let the cherry picking begin.

Who would we want? And who could we get?

For me we should make a big move to sign Luke Gale. Also Jamie Langley could do a job.

Lets face it. Bateman will now go to Warrington, And Whitehead will also head to one of the big clubs.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

fred vargas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: OT - Bradford Enter Administration

Post by fred vargas » 26 Jun 2012, 11:15

dettoriman wrote:Let the cherry picking begin.

Who would we want? And who could we get?

For me we should make a big move to sign Luke Gale. Also Jamie Langley could do a job.

Lets face it. Bateman will now go to Warrington, And Whitehead will also head to one of the big clubs.
Agree with Gale/Langley to mitigate the possible loss of Chase/Orr/Ferres. I've always liked the winger/FB from Crusaders..is it Kear and (cue outrage) Platt. Sad way to strengthen but remember who benefited from our misfortunes to sign Platt/Lynch/Hudson etc.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 26 Jun 2012, 11:18

Points deduction (how many)
half a dozen I wouldn't mind... Gale, Elima, Kearny, Lulia, Langley, Kearney.
Danny Boy

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 26 Jun 2012, 11:20

Have heard that Gale is on his way to us.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 26 Jun 2012, 11:24

legionited wrote:Have heard that Gale is on his way to us.
That would be great news, would be good to get him onboard before Monday's game at Widnes.
Danny Boy

fred vargas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fred vargas » 26 Jun 2012, 11:28

Danny Boy wrote:Points deduction (how many)
I was assuming Elima, Kearney, Lulia (plus the likes of Kopcak, Lestrange,Donaldson etc) were more unrealistic targets. Forgot about Addy though who would also be worth a punt.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Offical: Bulls enter administration

Post by Matt » 26 Jun 2012, 11:32

Merged topics - moved into anything rl.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

casyorkie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casyorkie » 26 Jun 2012, 11:33

Thats Warrington out with their cheque book.

The administrator will get as much in as he can with i presume Bateman the first to go with Whitehead soon behind

casyorkie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casyorkie » 26 Jun 2012, 11:35

Totally pointless deducting points now there is no relagation, i would presume they wont get into the top 8 anyway .They should have to reapply for their licence and Super League explain how they got a B licence in the last round.

We all know this wont happen as the RFL will want their rent paid

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 26 Jun 2012, 11:45

again the rfls super dooper league fails another club,the competion is unsustainable and more clubs will follow probably salford next,we all know that a buyer will come in buy the club cheap and take its 6 point deduction and move on,the only real dammage that will be done is how many players they lose in the meantime.

ive very little sympathy for them when they have spent to the full salary cap, sold there ground, given away season tickets and still gone bust they have got what they deserved its been reckless mis-management but again they have had a reputation to keep up with the jones and remain a big player in the league.

has for taking players well id snap there hand off for brett kearney and we should also look at the bringing jack cockerham out of there u18s back to where he should have been in the first place.

vinniedog
League One Player
League One Player

Post by vinniedog » 26 Jun 2012, 11:46

Cant help thinking that the RFL arent partly responsible for this , with the no cash for clubs stobart sponsorship and now the elonex debacle, couple that with the buy out of odslum just to get their loan money back before the brown hit the fan,

They (RFL) couldnt run a pee up in a brewery

Richard Lewis and company , hold your heads in shame

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 26 Jun 2012, 11:46

braytontiger wrote:again the rfls super dooper league fails another club,the competion is unsustainable and more clubs will follow probably salford next,we all know that a buyer will come in buy the club cheap and take its 6 point deduction and move on,the only real dammage that will be done is how many players they lose in the meantime.

ive very little sympathy for them when they have spent to the full salary cap, sold there ground, given away season tickets and still gone bust they have got what they deserved its been reckless mis-management but again they have had a reputation to keep up with the jones and remain a big player in the league.

has for taking players well id snap there hand off for brett kearney and we should also look at the bringing jack c-erham out of there u18s back to where he should have been in the first place.

supacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by supacas » 26 Jun 2012, 12:08

casyorkie wrote:

Totally pointless deducting points now there is no relagation, i would presume they wont get into the top 8 anyway .They should have to reapply for their licence and Super League explain how they got a B licence in the last round.

We all know this wont happen as the RFL will want their rent paid
Maybe not pointless, but points deduction should also apply to next season under their new club banner (although I'm sure it won't happen) absolutely agree they should have to re apply for their licence
I don't feel sorry for the Bulls at all, I feel sorry for the people the Bulls owe money to, who will come away with next to nothing, the local supplier who may well go under as a result, then us the taxpayer who will take the biggest hit (as they owe an absolute fortune in tax), so we are all in effect, paying for their mismanagement.

casyorkie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casyorkie » 26 Jun 2012, 12:18

i think a lot of people will believe that the Bulls will be bought by someone cheap and start with no debts but i think HMRC are changing their approach to colleting debts.

They will not agree to a small pence in the pound deal i think they may let the Bulls go into liquidation and then pusue the directors and ex directors for missing running of a copy.

The deal to sell the lease to the RFL could be looked at as at the time the Bulls knew they were in trouble ( not sure if they were insolvent at that time), with the RFL only paying the difference of sale of lease against loans outstadning they could be considered as been treated as a preferencial creditor which is not allowed

I think what happended at Rangers will happen at a lot more clubs

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 26 Jun 2012, 12:32

I was talking to a friend yesterday, and that was my exact shopping list from the bulls lol, I don't think they are to unrealistic either

Casforum Rugby Predictions Championship Grand Final Champion 2012

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 26 Jun 2012, 15:42

tongo wrote:
I was talking to a friend yesterday, and that was my exact shopping list from the bulls lol, I don't think they are to unrealistic either
elima-wakey
gale-us
kearney-wakey
lulia-salford
langley-wigan

thats what i reckon lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Nev
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nev » 26 Jun 2012, 17:13

Any Aussies are surely bound for HKR! ;)

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 26 Jun 2012, 17:24

vinniedog wrote:Cant help thinking that the RFL arent partly responsible for this , with the no cash for clubs stobart sponsorship and now the elonex debacle, couple that with the buy out of odslum just to get their loan money back before the brown hit the fan,

They (RFL) couldnt run a pee up in a brewery

Richard Lewis and company , hold your heads in shame
spot on vinnie and just think what would happen if sky ever got fed up and pulled out.

how would people pay the rent on the shiny new stadiums then?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Matt » 26 Jun 2012, 22:22

The RFL should fund any short fall. What ever happened being the scenes with Elonex could heavily impact other clubs who budgeted the extra revenue.