All Amateur RL in Here.

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
User avatar
tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3628
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 21:58
Location: somewhere between here and there

Post by tigerman1 » 03 Mar 2009, 17:44

thats all well and good Normy if you can get enough players most of the teams ive seen this year would struggle to provide a full team and even less a side with a few replacements
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4975
Joined: 06 Jul 2006, 09:17

Post by braytontiger » 03 Mar 2009, 22:47

ive just heared tonight that the rfl have stepped in and decided to let the u9s coaches vote on what rules they will play for the remainder of the season,and after 19 teams submitted their vote it favoured playing to mod rules for the rest of the season although next years u9s will start and finish playing mini league rules.

User avatar
tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3628
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 21:58
Location: somewhere between here and there

Post by tigerman1 » 04 Mar 2009, 23:11

its bonkers it truely is
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

User avatar
Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 8407
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 20:49
Location: Chilling.

Post by Normy Knight » 07 Mar 2009, 00:07

tigerman1 wrote:its bonkers it truely is
Hence, my opinion is go to the 13 a side game with normal rules, the same as the Aussies.

We only took on mini-mod rugby because the Aussie's did, then they sacked it because it does'nt work.

HELLO, RFL and BARLA.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

casyorkie
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 394
Joined: 06 Jul 2006, 08:32

Post by casyorkie » 12 Mar 2009, 10:05

Does anyone know if the Lock lane v Queens was played last night.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 8267
Joined: 02 Apr 2008, 17:14
Location: Castleford
Contact:

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 12 Mar 2009, 16:20

casyorkie wrote:Does anyone know if the Lock lane v Queens was played last night.
22-20 to Lock Lane and yet another fight, can't remember who started it though.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4975
Joined: 06 Jul 2006, 09:17

Post by braytontiger » 22 Mar 2009, 17:25

it was derby day for cas panthers and lock lane u8s and u9s has the two locked horns and it was a double delight for the panthers has the u8s won at lock lane 5 tries to 2.

while the u9s finished cas panthers 34 lock lane 16.

happy days :D

User avatar
cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1193
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 20:47
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.
Contact:

Post by cvtiger » 22 Mar 2009, 17:51

Well done to Brayton Junior, I'm sure the coach got his way and you were wrapped up and in bed before 9pm.

Keep up the good work.

CV
Image
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

User avatar
marshman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3201
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 18:38
Location: WRE

Post by marshman » 22 Mar 2009, 18:53

Well done to the Panthers kids. Bragging rights at school this week. :lol:

Not updated on here Townville Tigers under 8's results for a few weeks, but they still remain unbeaten this year. Last week we beat Beeston Broncos 10-1 and today we beat Oulton Invaders 10-2. My personel thoughts are that they should be in a higher league but since we only joined the Yorkshire league this year we're having to start at the bottom, which is fair enough. I would guess we would hold our own in the top division with the likes of Panthers and Lock Lane (who we actually beat a few weeks back) but to be put straight in there would be wrong, but at least division 2, so that it benefits our kids and doesn't put off the other teams kids we play.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4975
Joined: 06 Jul 2006, 09:17

Post by braytontiger » 22 Mar 2009, 20:07

braytontiger wrote:it was derby day for cas panthers and lock lane u8s and u9s has the two locked horns and it was a double delight for the panthers has the u8s won at lock lane 5 tries to 2.

while the u9s finished cas panthers 34 lock lane 16.

happy days :D
it must have worked he won the man of the match scored 4 tries and kicked his conversion.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4975
Joined: 06 Jul 2006, 09:17

Post by braytontiger » 22 Mar 2009, 20:10

marshman wrote:Well done to the Panthers kids. Bragging rights at school this week. :lol:

Not updated on here Townville Tigers under 8's results for a few weeks, but they still remain unbeaten this year. Last week we beat Beeston Broncos 10-1 and today we beat Oulton Invaders 10-2. My personel thoughts are that they should be in a higher league but since we only joined the Yorkshire league this year we're having to start at the bottom, which is fair enough. I would guess we would hold our own in the top division with the likes of Panthers and Lock Lane (who we actually beat a few weeks back) but to be put straight in there would be wrong, but at least division 2, so that it benefits our kids and doesn't put off the other teams kids we play.
it is very frustrating not playing the right teams to give you a game and the kids learn nothing winning very easy every week,im sure come summer when you go to the festivals it will get a little tougher has it starts to even up as you get towards the end of the year.

still great to hear other cas teams doing well.

User avatar
marshman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3201
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 18:38
Location: WRE

Post by marshman » 22 Mar 2009, 20:22

Yeah we spoke about that briefly at the Hull game. Oulton weren't a bad side to be honest and gave us a good game despite the scoreline. Last week was all stop start while the other team sorted out bumps and bruises continuously. If we carry on like this each week it'll get boring and won't do any good for our kids. I also feel for the opposition kids at times. You can't tell our side to go easy on them and they hit them hard and score whenever they get chance.

I look forward to the festivals. Will be good to see some of the other top sides from the area, especially the Cas sides. Plenty of Cas players for the future me thinks.

User avatar
Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 8407
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 20:49
Location: Chilling.

Post by Normy Knight » 05 May 2009, 20:33

Yorkshire Combination Youth League, Under 18s Premier Division
At 14.04.09

PREMIER DIVISION P W D L Pts
Stanley Rangers 18 15 1 2 31
Queens 16 13 0 3 26
Milford Marlins 16 11 0 5 22
Wibsey Juniors 13 8 1 4 17
Shaw Cross Sharks 14 7 0 7 14
Victoria Gladiators 13 6 1 6 13
Normanton Knights 16 6 0 10 12
Castleford Lock Lane 15 4 1 10 9
Castleford Panthers 18 3 0 15 6
Stanningley 15 2 0 13 4
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 8267
Joined: 02 Apr 2008, 17:14
Location: Castleford
Contact:

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 05 May 2009, 21:14

Normy Knight wrote:Yorkshire Combination Youth League, Under 18s Premier Division
At 14.04.09

PREMIER DIVISION P W D L Pts
Stanley Rangers 18 15 1 2 31
Queens 16 13 0 3 26
Milford Marlins 16 11 0 5 22
Wibsey Juniors 13 8 1 4 17
Shaw Cross Sharks 14 7 0 7 14
Victoria Gladiators 13 6 1 6 13
Normanton Knights 16 6 0 10 12
Castleford Lock Lane 15 4 1 10 9
Castleford Panthers 18 3 0 15 6
Stanningley 15 2 0 13 4
lol thats wrong we only played 12 games before we folded and still had Wibsey away, Milford away, Queens away, Stanningley away, Stanley away and Brad Vic away to play, so definately inaccurate.

User avatar
Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 8407
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 20:49
Location: Chilling.

Post by Normy Knight » 05 May 2009, 21:28

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:Yorkshire Combination Youth League, Under 18s Premier Division
At 14.04.09

PREMIER DIVISION P W D L Pts
Stanley Rangers 18 15 1 2 31
Queens 16 13 0 3 26
Milford Marlins 16 11 0 5 22
Wibsey Juniors 13 8 1 4 17
Shaw Cross Sharks 14 7 0 7 14
Victoria Gladiators 13 6 1 6 13
Normanton Knights 16 6 0 10 12
Castleford Lock Lane 15 4 1 10 9
Castleford Panthers 18 3 0 15 6
Stanningley 15 2 0 13 4
lol thats wrong we only played 12 games before we folded and still had Wibsey away, Milford away, Queens away, Stanningley away, Stanley away and Brad Vic away to play, so definately inaccurate.
All those teams would have been given the points mate.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

User avatar
Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 8407
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 20:49
Location: Chilling.

Post by Normy Knight » 06 May 2009, 13:14

Fryston O/A is to be re-born next season. 09/2010.

Will the old Redhill rise like the pheonix?
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

User avatar
tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3628
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 21:58
Location: somewhere between here and there

Post by tigerman1 » 08 Jul 2009, 21:06

can see them lasting probably 2 seasons at the most before fines take their toll.
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

User avatar
Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 8407
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 20:49
Location: Chilling.

Post by Normy Knight » 28 Jul 2009, 09:09

The new season is fast approaching, here is the Knights O/A fixtures for the 2009/10 season.

L Sat 22 Aug 09 02:30 PM Normanton Knights Myton Warriors Normanton
L Sat 12 Sep 09 02:30 PM Normanton Knights West Bowling Normanton
L Sat 19 Sep 09 02:30 PM Rochdale Mayfield Normanton Knights Rochdale Mayfield
L Sat 26 Sep 09 02:30 PM Normanton Knights Milford Marlins Normanton
L Sat 03 Oct 09 02:30 PM Normanton Knights Saddleworth Rangers Normanton
L Sat 10 Oct 09 02:30 PM Castleford Panthers Normanton Knights Castleford Panthers L Sat 17 Oct 09 02:30 PM Normanton Knights Millom Normanton
L Sat 24 Oct 09 02:30 PM Heworth Normanton Knights Heworth
L Sat 31 Oct 09 02:30 PM Normanton Knights Bradford Dudley Hill Normanton
L Sat 07 Nov 09 02:00 PM Stanningley Normanton Knights Stanningley
L Sat 14 Nov 09 02:00 PM Normanton Knights Thatto Heath Crusaders Normanton
L Sat 21 Nov 09 02:00 PM Thornhill Trojans Normanton Knights Thornhill
L Sat 05 Dec 09 02:00 PM West Bowling Normanton Knights West Bowling
L Sat 12 Dec 09 02:00 PM Normanton Knights Rochdale Mayfield Normanton
L Sat 19 Dec 09 02:00 PM Milford Marlins Normanton Knights Milford
L Sat 09 Jan 10 02:00 PM Saddleworth Rangers Normanton Knights Saddleworth R
L Sat 23 Jan 10 02:00 PM Normanton Knights Castleford Panthers Normanton
L Sat 30 Jan 10 02:00 PM Millom Normanton Knights Millom
L Sat 13 Feb 10 02:00 PM Normanton Knights Heworth Normanton
L Sat 20 Feb 10 02:00 PM Bradford Dudley Hill Normanton Knights Bradford Dudley Hill
L Sat 27 Feb 10 02:00 PM Normanton Knights Stanningley Normanton
L Sat 06 Mar 10 02:00 PM Thatto Heath Crusaders Normanton Knights Thatto Heath
L Sat 13 Mar 10 02:30 PM Normanton Knights Thornhill Trojans Normanton
L Sat 20 Mar 10 02:30 PM Myton Warriors Normanton Knights Myton
Last edited by Normy Knight on 13 Aug 2009, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

User avatar
Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 8407
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 20:49
Location: Chilling.

Post by Normy Knight » 13 Aug 2009, 09:30

Wakefield Cup. O/A.

Normanton Knights v Crigglestone All Blacks

At the graveyard 2.30pm kick off, everybody welcome should be a nice little tester for both teams before the main season starts.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 15877
Joined: 31 Jan 2009, 03:55

Post by HuddsTigers » 05 May 2010, 13:53

Well done to David Dunwell of Normy Knights for getting on to the GB Community Lions tour of SA

http://www.therfl.co.uk/~therflc/commun ... p?id=17571
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Post Reply