All Amateur RL in Here.

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 30 Nov 2008, 21:48

Townville Tigers Under 9s won there 10th game on the trot this morning agaisnt Thornhill,

A high scoring game game but it was a very exciting game played in the cold weather at Townville,

Score 60 odd to Nil lost count ,but Townville defended for long periods in the second half ,scoring long range trys,

The score didint do the game justice,

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 30 Nov 2008, 22:47

U18's

Cas Panthers 42-6 Stanningley

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 01 Dec 2008, 05:28

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:U18's

Cas Panthers 42-6 Stanningley
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

casyorkie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casyorkie » 01 Dec 2008, 09:30

braytontiger wrote:
casyorkie wrote:Anyone know what happened to Cas panthers Ateam yesterday surpirzed by 1.30 phone call to cancel against Milford.
they couldnt raise a team,apparantly they had 34 train for the first and second team on thurs but a few first teams players pulled out of their game through injury and players were pulled from the second team.

hope that helps although its that time of year when open age games are postponed for fun. ;)
Shame really looks like a few teams are having problems rasing teams at moment notice Stanley seem in real trouble that way.

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 05 Dec 2008, 09:21

Yorkshire Juniors take tough stance Added 2nd Dec 2008

Yorkshire Juniors management are becoming increasingly concerned with the unprecendented rise in the number of cases that are coming to their disciplinary meetings this season.

And the league chiefs have warned that they will continue to dish out the heavy fines - or worse - in an attempt to stamp out the worringly high volume of cases that appear before them.

A spokesman for the giant Junior league warned that the management will not tolerate the rise in rule breaking and hinted that, if the current rise continued, it would only be a matter of time until we would be forced to impose much tougher sanctions.

The spokesman went on to say that they were having to organise extra disciplinary hearings as the number of cases was around five times the amount that they were used to dealing with, adding that the disciplinary meetings were begining to disrupt the running of the league and stated,
"It's time now for the unruly element - which is in the minority - to start acting responsibly and act in a proper manner in order for the league management to concentrate fully on their primary duty which is, to supply fixtures for children of ages 6 to 15 year old. We fully support and impliment the RFL RESPECT programme and would expect our member clubs to do so."

The spokesman continued, "The majority of the clubs are well behaved and act responsibly, we as a league management just hope that clubs are not sucked in to this worrying trend of ill discipline.

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 06 Dec 2008, 10:58

http://www.barla.org.uk/News/Details.asp?id=1760

Don't be buying any blades for Christmas, they are banned as from 01/01/09.

rich
League One Player
League One Player

Post by rich » 07 Dec 2008, 15:47

Some help needed again please, My son plays under 8's. The advice i'd like to get is. Which insurance company do you parents use for your kids rugby insurance. And how much does this cost?
Thanks in advance Rich.
]
When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For their tomorrow, We gave our today

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 07 Dec 2008, 15:54

rich wrote:Some help needed again please, My son plays under 8's. The advice i'd like to get is. Which insurance company do you parents use for your kids rugby insurance. And how much does this cost?
Thanks in advance Rich.

tbh ive been involved with 8-9 ages for the past 4 years and thats the first time ive heared of anybody taking out private insurance for that age group.

they are of course insured by the rfl when they sign on but what that covers i dont no and hopefully will never need to find out.

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 07 Dec 2008, 16:01

rich wrote:Some help needed again please, My son plays under 8's. The advice i'd like to get is. Which insurance company do you parents use for your kids rugby insurance. And how much does this cost?
Thanks in advance Rich.
I never took out private insurance till 11's or 12's

Can't remember or find the company though, sorry mate.

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 07 Dec 2008, 20:11

Thanks in advance Rich.
Depends what kind of insurance you want. Players under 16 and not of working age are covered for all eventually's.

CasForce

Post by CasForce » 08 Dec 2008, 11:30

Normy Knight wrote:
Thanks in advance Rich.
Depends what kind of insurance you want. Players under 16 and not of working age are covered for all eventually's.
BARLA insurance only covers them for death or loss of limb whilst playing in a match. I have insured my son with Combined Insurance at £8.75 per month and it covers him 24/7 for playing rugby, training and in every day life and he is 13. When the youngest is older I will take out a policy for him too. If you take a the policy before they are 16 the policy remains at child prices even when they are adults.

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 08 Dec 2008, 11:38

CasForce wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:
Thanks in advance Rich.
BARLA insurance only covers them for death or loss of limb whilst playing in a match. I have insured my son with Combined Insurance at £8.75 per month and it covers him 24/7 for playing rugby, training and in every day life and he is 13. When the youngest is older I will take out a policy for him too. If you take a the policy before they are 16 the policy remains at child prices even when they are adults.
BARLA insurance also covers for training, also traveling too and from training and games.

You can cover your kids on your life insurance, which I did.

CasForce

Post by CasForce » 08 Dec 2008, 12:48

Normy Knight wrote:
CasForce wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:
Thanks in advance Rich.
BARLA insurance also covers for training, also traveling too and from training and games.

You can cover your kids on your life insurance, which I did.
Yes you are covered by BARLA for matches, training and travelling but only for loss of life or limbs. Broken bones and temporary disablement are not covered. The policy is on the BARLA site under Players.

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 12 Dec 2008, 23:53

http://www.wakefieldarl.co.uk/story.php ... 7&basket=1

Respect to Unison, at least somebody belives in the young ones.

rich
League One Player
League One Player

Post by rich » 14 Dec 2008, 13:44

Thanks for all your help.
]
When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For their tomorrow, We gave our today

marshman
League One Player
League One Player

Post by marshman » 14 Dec 2008, 15:32

Townville under 8's finished the year off with another win, and remain unbeaten. Wibesy Warriors probably gave Townville their toughest test this season and started the game on top with a try. They then managed to keep Townville out for the next ten minutes stopping a certain try at one point knocking the ball out as the line beckoned. But then Townville got the inevitable try and the floodgates opened once again. Some excellent work in defence saw Townville only concede one further try in the game and on the back of Corey's 5 tries (future Cas fullback surely?) they went on to win comfortably 40-8. My lad also got his name on the score sheet and was unlucky not to get a second after a Danny ward type run from his own half through the middle. Well done Townville Tigers this year, let's hope we can continue the form next year when hopefully we'll get some more tough opponents.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 14 Dec 2008, 20:42

marshman wrote:Townville under 8's finished the year off with another win, and remain unbeaten. Wibesy Warriors probably gave Townville their toughest test this season and started the game on top with a try. They then managed to keep Townville out for the next ten minutes stopping a certain try at one point knocking the ball out as the line beckoned. But then Townville got the inevitable try and the floodgates opened once again. Some excellent work in defence saw Townville only concede one further try in the game and on the back of Corey's 5 tries (future Cas fullback surely?) they went on to win comfortably 40-8. My lad also got his name on the score sheet and was unlucky not to get a second after a Danny ward type run from his own half through the middle. Well done Townville Tigers this year, let's hope we can continue the form next year when hopefully we'll get some more tough opponents.
we "cas panthers u9s " will be looking to arrange something with townville u9s sometime in late january early febuary having spoke to mick there coach so possibly the chance of a double header then.

its good to see other cas teams doing well our u8s are starting to find their feet and finished with a win at east leeds today and they also have two lads who have been playing in the u9s moving back down to their own age group who will score a lot of tries for them in the second half of the season.

marshman
League One Player
League One Player

Post by marshman » 14 Dec 2008, 21:18

Sounds good mate. Our coach was saying he was hoping to sort something soon against you guys and maybe another local side. Seems the only decent sides are all in Cas mate! ;)

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 14 Dec 2008, 21:32

marshman wrote:Sounds good mate. Our coach was saying he was hoping to sort something soon against you guys and maybe another local side. Seems the only decent sides are all in Cas mate! ;)
yeah there was talk of games between townville,panthers and lock lane it would be good to see how all the teams are getting on,fortunatley unlike some age groups all three coaches seem to get on pretty well at u9s level which is how it should be instead of some age groups where there is bitterness between the sides.

marshman
League One Player
League One Player

Post by marshman » 14 Dec 2008, 23:34

There's no reason why the coaches can't get on mate. We all want to see our kids do well and win, but it's not about getting one over on Cas Panthers or who ever, it's about getting kids playing RL and enjoying it and helping them learn the game and maybe even one day make it as a pro. Personally i can't see any point in disliking another team or getting enjoyment from rubbing someone elses nose in it, (especially at under 8's and 9s). I'm glad the coaches do seem to get on and it's nice to hear that. I think our coach at Townville actually used to play for Panthers not too long ago.

I'd much rather see my lad playing more often in and around Cas against other local sides and helping the game in our area if that could happen. It's good to play teams from elsewhere, but it would be nice if the Cas sides could get their heads together and bring the game on even further in Cas. If we get nothing sorted in the new year then why not make a day of it when the weather warms up, get some Cas players to show their faces. It would be a good way to finishe the season and give the kids a smile to see the likes of Goldy and Westy etc.

BTW, if townville and Panthers under 9's ever play it should be a cracker. I hear our nines are doing really well so it would be good to see them against your side. Didn't your team do really well last year?