Paul Sculthorpe????????

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 25 Aug 2008, 22:51

It would be worth it i beleive.

Have him in on a play and pay basis, realistically, thats the only contract he will get.

Ive spoken to a few friends about this, and as he has had his injury worries, he may or may not be over them.

If we gamble on a year pay and play with a good chance for him to earn another full time year or 2 year contract it could work out ok.

With his two years out, he could be fresh and ready to play well and still have a good few years in him. Or he could be a crock that helps out on the training field, not taking a fortune out of our salary cap.

Win/win for cas i believe.

Long live the Tigers!!!

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 25 Aug 2008, 23:00

da_jimbob_7 wrote:It would be worth it i beleive.

Have him in on a play and pay basis, realistically, thats the only contract he will get.

Ive spoken to a few friends about this, and as he has had his injury worries, he may or may not be over them.

If we gamble on a year pay and play with a good chance for him to earn another full time year or 2 year contract it could work out ok.

With his two years out, he could be fresh and ready to play well and still have a good few years in him. Or he could be a crock that helps out on the training field, not taking a fortune out of our salary cap.

He wouldn't do that, i believe he would want a full years contract where he gets payed no matter what!

Any top player no matter how well there playing will want that ..

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 25 Aug 2008, 23:05

A forward coach?
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 25 Aug 2008, 23:09

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:

He wouldn't do that, i believe he would want a full years contract where he gets payed no matter what!

Any top player no matter how well there playing will want that ..
He is in his testimonial year, so he won't be short of a bob or two.

Its not always money that motivates players.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 25 Aug 2008, 23:58

PS would take him as AsC . For me his playing days are over .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 26 Aug 2008, 00:02

Wicksy wrote:PS would take him as AsC . For me his playing days are over .
I agree they are over, the injuries have just took a toll on him and he knows it so do Saints other wise they would'nt not offer him another contract.