We're nearly in "3 more quality signings" land

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Aug 2008, 12:54

Bengal wrote:
Fully wrote:Or alternatively the figures some people have touted are actually incorrect, and therefore people have been shouting their mouth off about incorrect information.
Whether they're correct or incorrect Fully, from what I've heard we've not got a lot left in the pot.

Not enough anyhow to build us a sufficient depth of squad.
to say we only have 100k left as you suggest in other threads we aint doing to bad so far.

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 21 Aug 2008, 19:59

fords wrote:
Bengal wrote:
Fully wrote:Or alternatively the figures some people have touted are actually incorrect, and therefore people have been shouting their mouth off about incorrect information.
Whether they're correct or incorrect Fully, from what I've heard we've not got a lot left in the pot.

to say we only have 100k left as you suggest in other threads we aint doing to bad so far.
But I amended it to 100k plus the amount saved for any players that are released on top, which I also stated would probably come to around 200k in total, probably a bit more. I was also not counting the likes of Hudson, Cockayne and Evans who I was sure we'd already signed. Cockayne has now given back word and resigned for HKR on a new 3 year deal. The Hudson deal, the club are I understand now trying to renegotiate.

So again it's the 100k or so plus the contract money from any players released, which now includes Cockayne too, and also Hudson's if it falls through. The club are definitely trying to offload Korky and if they do that will realise another 88k, because that's what he's on give or take a grand. And you can go to the bank on that, despite what anyone says. By the way Hudson's prospective contract was a lot, make no mistake, so if it did fall through, it will give us substantially more. If they manage to renegotiate it, it will give us whatever they've renegotiated.

So if you include Korky and Cockayne on top of the 200k you probably will end up with something approaching 350k. Without Korky it will be about 260 - 265k. Which is not a lot seeing as without them we've only got a small squad. Also since I said it we've signed just the one player Faumione.

I stick by what I said at the time, we'd got about 105k plus whatever contract money was released from players who were released. However that now includes the likes of Cockayne and maybe 1 or 2 others due to recent developments.

Unless of course the club's found some extra money from somewhere or they've upped the budget we from what they've said.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 21 Aug 2008, 20:50

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
Bengal wrote:

Does the "significant" sponsorship injection from Diggerland not help? OK, none of us know the sum of money involved but if it is as suggested, considerably larger than previous deals, this amount of money would be incremental on what we had before.

Not suggesting it puts us in a position to spend the full cap, but an improvement all the same.
:?
Stop talking sense ST

:D

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 21 Aug 2008, 21:38

What would I know old lad. ;)
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"