We're nearly in "3 more quality signings" land

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
datemyplate.com
Academy Player
Academy Player

We're nearly in "3 more quality signings" land

Post by datemyplate.com » 20 Aug 2008, 16:01

how many times, over the years have you thought this.

IE "3 more quality signings" and you'd be very happy.

The Team of 1994, the team of 1999. Both needed 3 more signings.

I hope we do it this time. We're on the right track and our back 3 look very creative (Widders, Joe, Sione)

Now we need, in my opinion :

Winger
Hooker
Fullback
and maybe a prop.

If these are QUALITY signings, we look VERY useful.

thoughts>?

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Re: We're nearly in "3 more quality signings" land

Post by dettoriman » 20 Aug 2008, 16:05

datemyplate.com wrote:how many times, over the years have you thought this.

IE "3 more quality signings" and you'd be very happy.

The Team of 1994, the team of 1999. Both needed 3 more signings.

I hope we do it this time. We're on the right track and our back 3 look very creative (Widders, Joe, Sione)

Now we need, in my opinion :

Winger
Hooker
Fullback
and maybe a prop.

If these are QUALITY signings, we look VERY useful.

thoughts>?
We still need to add a lot of numbers - But there are 3 rumoured to be signed so that helps - And we may keep 1 or 2 of the out of contract players if there are no better options available
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Aug 2008, 16:07

Yep got agree, like i said in an earlier post i'm feeling pretty giggy over the squad we are putting together.

Hooker-thought hudson was nailed on, but will believe when i see.
winger/full back-we desperatly need a class player for the position, infact its the one i'm most worried about.
But lets wait until 1st september and see what the club announce, lets hope we have a good british players in for that position.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 20 Aug 2008, 16:07

Winger - If we was to put Owen to fullback then of course, we would need a new winger right away.

Hooker - Ryan is still coming isn't he? if not then i would still imagine Chase will play 6, would like to see Razza back actually.

Fullback - I think this more than any position now needs filling, with the news Cocayne won't be coming we certainly need someone who can tackle and attack also.

And maybe a prop - If it means that Moi Moi was to come then thats the only prop/2nd rower we would need then, as we have Sarge, Huby and Higgins. If Moi Moi doesn't come we need a prop, i would like to see an English prop.

Riggins
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Riggins » 20 Aug 2008, 16:32

Currently, if you include Evans and Hudson, we are at 18 players for next year so need 7 more. Arundell will be drafted in so maybe six more. But look at the 13 we could put out next year;

1. McGoldrick
2. Owens
3. Shenton
4. Evans
5. Dixon
6. Chase
7. Sherwin
8. Huby
9. Hudson
10. Sargent
11. Widders
12. Sione
13. Westerman

Looking good so far me thinks

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 20 Aug 2008, 16:34

Riggins wrote:Currently, if you include Evans and Hudson, we are at 18 players for next year so need 7 more. Arundell will be drafted in so maybe six more. But look at the 13 we could put out next year;

1. McGoldrick
2. Owens
3. Shenton
4. Evans
5. Dixon
6. Chase
7. Sherwin
8. Huby
9. Hudson
10. Sargent
11. Widders
12. Sione
13. Westerman

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Bomber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bomber » 20 Aug 2008, 16:46

Goldie will be at loose forward next year

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 20 Aug 2008, 16:48

dettoriman wrote:
Riggins wrote:Currently, if you include Evans and Hudson, we are at 18 players for next year so need 7 more. Arundell will be drafted in so maybe six more. But look at the 13 we could put out next year;

1. McGoldrick
2. Owens
3. Shenton
4. Evans
5. Dixon
6. Chase
7. Sherwin
8. Huby
9. Hudson
10. Sargent
11. Widders
12. Sione
13. Westerman

:lol:

DM would you say the 8 shirt could be going to Moi Moi next season?

Also Mcgoldrick at fullback is a no no (he nothing more than a centre, who if needed could go fullback if really needed)

Evan on the centre also a no no (Mcgoldrick and Shenny centres, Evans on the wing)

danny lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by danny lad » 20 Aug 2008, 16:49

back in centre next year

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 20 Aug 2008, 19:30

1. McGoldrick
2. Owens
3. Shenton
4. Evans
5. Dixon
6. Chase
7. Sherwin
8. Huby
9. Hudson
10. Sargent
11. Widders
12. Sione
13. Westerman

That's still not a top 6 side and we've then the problem of enough quality back up, which every SL team definitely needs. Without it we won't be going anywhere.

We've also to wait and see how the likes of Widders goes before anyone gets carried away.

I'm totally in the dark as regards such as his recent form and so reportedly is our coach, or anyone else for that matter.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 20 Aug 2008, 19:33

Bengal wrote:I'm totally in the dark as regards such as his recent form and so reportedly is our coach, or anyone else for that matter.
Have to agree mate, I mean I saw lots of Widders when he was at the Eels and he impressed as a strong running, albeit chubby ;) , interchange back rower. Moving to South Sydney was part of their supposed new era with Russell Crowe splashing the cash on the likes of Asotasi, Kidwell etc, but occupying himself in the North Bears side at 13 makes you wonder.

I guess we'll see.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

Riggins
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Riggins » 20 Aug 2008, 20:18

Bengal wrote:

1. McGoldrick
2. Owens
3. Shenton
4. Evans
5. Dixon
6. Chase
7. Sherwin
8. Huby
9. Hudson
10. Sargent
11. Widders
12. Sione
13. Westerman

That's still not a top 6 side and we've then the problem of enough quality back up, which every SL team definitely needs. Without it we won't be going anywhere.

We've also to wait and see how the likes of Widders goes before anyone gets carried away.

I'm totally in the dark as regards such as his recent form and so reportedly is our coach, or anyone else for that matter.
I've not said it is a top six team. I've not said thats it les shut up shop. What I'm saying is we are heading in the right direction. My God is everyone doom and gloom in here???

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 20 Aug 2008, 21:57

Riggins wrote:
Bengal wrote:

1. McGoldrick
2. Owens
3. Shenton
4. Evans
5. Dixon
6. Chase
7. Sherwin
8. Huby
9. Hudson
10. Sargent
11. Widders
12. Sione
13. Westerman

I've not said it is a top six team. I've not said thats it les shut up shop. What I'm saying is we are heading in the right direction. My God is everyone doom and gloom in here???
I know what you meant Riggins lad, I wasn't trying to get at you in particular mate, but was just trying to identify where the money's now going to come from, to get ourselves sufficient quality back up. Because I can't see where it's coming from. But you never know.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 20 Aug 2008, 22:13

Or alternatively the figures some people have touted are actually incorrect, and therefore people have been shouting their mouth off about incorrect information.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 20 Aug 2008, 23:02

Fully wrote:Or alternatively the figures some people have touted are actually incorrect, and therefore people have been shouting their mouth off about incorrect information.
Whether they're correct or incorrect Fully, from what I've heard we've not got a lot left in the pot.

Not enough anyhow to build us a sufficient depth of squad.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 20 Aug 2008, 23:03

As I have heard. Maybe we could all be wrong, and Korkidas is on 88p rather than 88k. :lol:

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 20 Aug 2008, 23:05

Bengal wrote:
Fully wrote:Or alternatively the figures some people have touted are actually incorrect, and therefore people have been shouting their mouth off about incorrect information.
Whether they're correct or incorrect Fully, from what I've heard we've not got a lot left in the pot.

Not enough anyhow to build us a sufficient depth of squad.
Does the "significant" sponsorship injection from Diggerland not help? OK, none of us know the sum of money involved but if it is as suggested, considerably larger than previous deals, this amount of money would be incremental on what we had before.

Not suggesting it puts us in a position to spend the full cap, but an improvement all the same. :?
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 20 Aug 2008, 23:32

Sense at last about this player is on that and his contract involves this what a load of bull who on earth signs a contract and then tells all and sundry what it is, just shows how gullible some are on this forum

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 20 Aug 2008, 23:40

cutsyke tiger wrote:
Sense at last about this player is on that and his contract involves this what a load of bull who on earth signs a contract and then tells all and sundry what it is, just shows how gullible some are on this forum
I know some players tell people information, especially fans, just to satisfy them.

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 21 Aug 2008, 12:03

dettoriman wrote:

1. McGoldrick
2. Owens
3. Shenton
4. Evans
5. Dixon
6. Chase
7. Sherwin
8. Huby
9. Hudson
10. Sargent
11. Widders
12. Sione
13. Westerman

holy cow on a stick batman,,,,,,,i agree with you there!!!!

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch