Ben Cockayne

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Aug 2008, 12:25

monkeyface wrote:League Exspress says hes signed a new deal with HKR, hope the paper is wrong , :(
Not quite, it says he's agreed a deal but not yet signed...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 19 Aug 2008, 16:56

monkeyface wrote:he seamed very over rated, just hope we can know move Owen over to the fullback position, we will see,
Owen is far from ready to play at fullback on a regular basis we want a tried and tested player for that position leave owen to gain some experience for a couple of years at the end of the day he is only a youth and has time on his side

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 19 Aug 2008, 18:21

cutsyke tiger wrote:
monkeyface wrote:he seamed very over rated, just hope we can know move Owen over to the fullback position, we will see,
Owen is far from ready to play at fullback on a regular basis we want a tried and tested player for that position leave owen to gain some experience for a couple of years at the end of the day he is only a youth and has time on his side
He is more than ready

tihs guy can handle the pressure and is the kind of kid to thrive on it -- Give him the 1 shirt and watch him go
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 19 Aug 2008, 20:45

All I can add is if Ben doesn't come for next year, we either need to sign a SL / NRL calibre fullback or winger. Sure we can play Owen at fullback and that's where his long term future lies, but for me he's already claimed a wing spot for next year.

If we put Owen at fullback, that leaves us currently with only Dixon and Wainwright to cover the wings. Now while I can't fault either of those 2 for effort this year, one of them has to be replaced in the 09 starting 13 if we're to improve. That then begs the question of who better can we find in SL to play on the wing?
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 19 Aug 2008, 20:48

Steadman_4_PM wrote:All I can add is if Ben doesn't come for next year, we either need to sign a SL / NRL calibre fullback or winger. Sure we can play Owen at fullback and that's where his long term future lies, but for me he's already claimed a wing spot for next year.

If we put Owen at fullback, that leaves us currently with only Dixon and Wainwright to cover the wings. Now while I can't fault either of those 2 for effort this year, one of them has to be replaced in the 09 starting 13 if we're to improve. That then begs the question of who better can we find in SL to play on the wing?
We need to sign a winger
Richard Owen is a full back - And this is where his future lies
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 19 Aug 2008, 20:49

dettoriman wrote:
Steadman_4_PM wrote:All I can add is if Ben doesn't come for next year, we either need to sign a SL / NRL calibre fullback or winger. Sure we can play Owen at fullback and that's where his long term future lies, but for me he's already claimed a wing spot for next year.

We need to sign a winger
Thanks for repeating exactly what I said, I feel much better now.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 19 Aug 2008, 20:52

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
dettoriman wrote:

We need to sign a winger
Thanks for repeating exactly what I said, I feel much better now.
I was referring to the claimed a wing spot - I agree with you 100% mate and i was strengthening your suggestions to play him at FB - Many will give the speil about him not been ready blah blah blah
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 19 Aug 2008, 20:58

I'd just prefer Owen to spend a full season on the wing in SL, playing every week before taking up the fullback spot. Not suggesting he's forgot how to play at the back, but can you remember the last game he played there?

I just don't see a SL / NRL winger that we're likely to sign do you?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 19 Aug 2008, 21:08

Owen has been pretty good on the wing this season and has scored 9 tries to date.

Surely he as to stay here as him and Shenny make a good pairing.

Owen at fullback? not yet anyway!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 19 Aug 2008, 21:33

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Owen has been pretty good on the wing this season and has scored 9 tries to date.

Surely he as to stay here as him and Shenny make a good pairing.

Owen at fullback? not yet anyway!
This baffles me - Why not??

He has played on the wing and only scored 9 tries -- Shenny has got 12 -- the winger should be outscoring the centre IMO

He is the best player we have under the high ball, The best player we have at exploiting open spaces IMO, And the best potential full back defensively -- easy decision to me
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 19 Aug 2008, 21:39

Dman, he's the best we have under the high ball? Including or excluding Donlan?

He's the best we have once Donlan leaves maybe, but perhaps not if we find ourselves an other fullback for 09. Guess it comes down to will Cockayne stay at KR and if so, is it easier for us to get a winger or fullback?

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 19 Aug 2008, 22:07

Steadman_4_PM wrote:Dman, he's the best we have under the high ball? Including or excluding Donlan?

He's the best we have once Donlan leaves maybe, but perhaps not if we find ourselves an other fullback for 09. Guess it comes down to will Cockayne stay at KR and if so, is it easier for us to get a winger or fullback?
I think he is as good as donlan - And more capable of doing something when he catches it

Cockayne is staying at KR for sure --- And yes -- If we can sign a FB and not a winger then i agree - Rich would have to play wing

Still we are our own worst enemies - We should have had Brent Webb
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 19 Aug 2008, 23:35

dettoriman wrote:
cutsyke tiger wrote:
He is more than ready

tihs guy can handle the pressure and is the kind of kid to thrive on it -- Give him the 1 shirt and watch him go
if you think he is ready then you don't know as much about rugby as you profess why would TM try to sign a fullback if he had one on the books sorry mate this is not a slur on owen but he is far from ready for that position regular

Adam
Verified
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @yorkscoaster

Post by Adam » 20 Aug 2008, 09:32

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 25 Aug 2008, 21:40

As predicted, he's signed a three-year deal with KR. Confirmed on their official website.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 25 Aug 2008, 22:14

Fully wrote:As predicted, he's signed a three-year deal with KR. Confirmed on their official website.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ;) ;) :lol: :lol:
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 25 Aug 2008, 22:47

Fully wrote:As predicted, he's signed a three-year deal with KR. Confirmed on their official website.
Well done Dettoriman, you went and got our hopes up ;)

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 26 Aug 2008, 00:12

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
Nevermind hey
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 26 Aug 2008, 00:14

dettoriman wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
Nevermind hey
To be fair though you wasn't to know HKR would of upped there money!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 26 Aug 2008, 00:16

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
dettoriman wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
Nevermind hey
To be fair though you wasn't to know HKR would of upped there money!
I think the press coverage confirmed he had agreed a deal with cas - As you say - If Hull KR want to offer him too much - Let them
Loyalty Costs Nothing !