Tigers to go for Carney?

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Tigers to go for Carney?

Post by Fully » 06 Aug 2008, 00:47

...Todd Carney that is...
Established Super League club Castleford has also been thrown up as a possible destination for the disgruntled half, although that is unlikely because its quota of overseas players is almost full.

LINK: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/lo ... 35088.aspx
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 06 Aug 2008, 01:16

I bet !!!!!

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 06 Aug 2008, 03:55

As i said to kemp, i wish we could have Carney, we was intrested but he's asking for too much.....but havn't we signed Chase to play 6?

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 06 Aug 2008, 07:30

Harlequins said they have a big name signing at stand off to anounce after the world cup (maybe Carney). Maybe we will keep Dorn afterall (fingers crossed).

Carney is a nightmare off the pitch, hes like Paul Cooke times ten!!.

danny lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by danny lad » 06 Aug 2008, 09:50

could you imagine having chase at hooker with sherwin and carney at SH and SO, with also hudson at hooker.

that would be unreal

G Man90
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by G Man90 » 06 Aug 2008, 09:52

i dnt think tht we will need this carney kid aniway
we will b ok without him
Chase and Sherwin winning partnership....
Top 8 finish for the TIGERS next year :)

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 06 Aug 2008, 11:54

tallguyx wrote:Harlequins said they have a big name signing at stand off to anounce after the world cup (maybe Carney). Maybe we will keep Dorn afterall (fingers crossed).

I may be on my own here - But i would rather have Todd Carney in this state than Luke Dorn - The guy is a quality player IMO - But its very unlikely due to our quota and SC almost complete
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 06 Aug 2008, 11:56

dettoriman wrote:
tallguyx wrote:Harlequins said they have a big name signing at stand off to anounce after the world cup (maybe Carney). Maybe we will keep Dorn afterall (fingers crossed).

I may be on my own here - But i would rather have Todd Carney in this state than Luke Dorn - The guy is a quality player IMO - But its very unlikely due to our quota and SC almost complete
todd carney is a great player but if he is trouble like tallguy is saying then would it not be like the danny brough ordeal all over again? do we want that to happen?

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 06 Aug 2008, 11:58

ten wrote:
dettoriman wrote:

todd carney is a great player but if he is trouble like tallguy is saying then would it not be like the danny brough ordeal all over again? do we want that to happen?
But TM managed danny brough -- If he got the face on he dropped him

My only worry is he would get in with Sherwin and Mcgoldrick etc and if there arent strict rules in place for during the season they would just get worse and worse off the field
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 06 Aug 2008, 12:01

dettoriman wrote:
ten wrote:
dettoriman wrote:

My only worry is he would get in with Sherwin and Mcgoldrick etc and if there arent strict rules in place for during the season they would just get worse and worse off the field
all be it in NL1. would TM do that in super league despite there being no relegation. cause he hasnt done it with anyone yet.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 06 Aug 2008, 12:04

ten wrote:
dettoriman wrote:
ten wrote:
dettoriman wrote:

all be it in NL1. would TM do that in super league despite there being no relegation. cause he hasnt done it with anyone yet.
To be fair to him, He hasnt had the numbers this season to drop anyone
He has dropped Korkidas for the last 2 weeks although had to call him back up due to the virus
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

BigNige
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigNige » 06 Aug 2008, 13:06

Just what we need another player who can't stay off the sauce. :roll:

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 06 Aug 2008, 13:09

BigNige wrote:Just what we need another player who can't stay off the sauce. :roll:
not to worry just yet, it's only a little rumour. also, our quota is nearly full, if not already, on overseas players anyway.

Slash
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Slash » 06 Aug 2008, 13:59

BigNige wrote:Just what we need another player who can't stay off the sauce. :roll:
Except this lad has more talent than most of our team put together.

If we can get Carney, we must do whatever we can to get him. Enough with the excuses, do whatever it takes, within reason of course.

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 06 Aug 2008, 14:14

But he'd be one of the greatest signings we could pull off.....

G Man90
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by G Man90 » 06 Aug 2008, 14:17

yep defo b a gd signing.
but wud he b a regular. if so who wud make way 4 him?

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 06 Aug 2008, 14:20

im guessing chase would play 9 with hudson interchanging. but then again chase has come over to play 6 as matterson says and not be interchanged with hudson. therefore, i dont see us signing carney.

G Man90
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by G Man90 » 06 Aug 2008, 14:22

yes he a come ere 2 be 6 has chase and hudson probably wouldnt like coming off the bench anyway...
we should introduce a youngster to do that role by coming off the bench maybe a sean johnson or even gareth swift

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 06 Aug 2008, 14:24

G Man90 wrote:yes he a come ere 2 be 6 has chase and hudson probably wouldnt like coming off the bench anyway...
we should introduce a youngster to do that role by coming off the bench maybe a sean johnson or even gareth swift
Sean Johnson for me should be named on the bench for this season

As for in future for me Hudson would start the games with Chase replacing him off the bench, I always feel its better to have the pacier player coming on when the forwards are tired
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 06 Aug 2008, 14:30

dettoriman, if you're hoping chase comes off the bench to interchange with hudson, who you think will play 6?

dorn (likely to be going), mcgoldrick (not good enough at 6) or........?