Ryan Hudson

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 04 Aug 2008, 13:27

dettoriman wrote:
Rich_1 wrote:
harrogate tiger wrote:Must agree with everything Bengal as eloquently said about Hudson,
OK for a year maybe two but way past is best, also not as loyal as Hendo when we went down the second time.
Past his best? You really are just having a laugh :lol:

I cannot believe you are trying to justify playing Hendo ahead of Hudson :shock:

Don't get me wrong i love Hendo and i respect everything he has done for us but he is just not up to it at this level any more and apparently has admitted as much himself. To be fair there is also a bit of a difference between the loyalty of each player. You have to wonder how many Super League clubs would have come in for Hendo after we were relegated in 06? I would guess none if i'm being brutally honest.

As i say, Hendo has been fantastic for us but sentiment can't come into it and his time is just about up with us :(

Though i must say that i am absolutely appauled if cas have actually given Raz 100k and a 4 year deal! Should have beek 2 years on around 70-80 at most.
Its amazing all the fans can understand the players values but nobody inside the club can :?
And the excuse for Ryan Mcgoldricks over inflated contract was he wouldnt have signed otherwise --- Well for any player who is asking for more than they are worth - Mcgoldrick, Lupton to name 2 -- They know where the door is - Why dont we show them it ?
Now dont get me wrong - I know ryan is a fans favourite with many - and i am a fan of hudson but as said - Sentiment cannot come into it and neither can popularity - Players should be paid what they deserve - And that would mean a lot of players contracts dramatically reduced
The situation with McG really leaves a bitter taste. Fair enough its not his fault the club are so idiotic but if he walked in and demanded £100k i would have shown him the door. There are a lot better players out there who would probably play for less.

Apart from in some excellent play in attack (not often enough though) i personally think he is very average.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 04 Aug 2008, 13:44

Rich_1 wrote:
dettoriman wrote:
Rich_1 wrote:
harrogate tiger wrote:Must agree with everything Bengal as eloquently said about Hudson,
OK for a year maybe two but way past is best, also not as loyal as Hendo when we went down the second time.

I cannot believe you are trying to justify playing Hendo ahead of Hudson :shock:

Don't get me wrong i love Hendo and i respect everything he has done for us but he is just not up to it at this level any more and apparently has admitted as much himself. To be fair there is also a bit of a difference between the loyalty of each player. You have to wonder how many Super League clubs would have come in for Hendo after we were relegated in 06? I would guess none if i'm being brutally honest.

As i say, Hendo has been fantastic for us but sentiment can't come into it and his time is just about up with us :(

Though i must say that i am absolutely appauled if cas have actually given Raz 100k and a 4 year deal! Should have beek 2 years on around 70-80 at most.
Its amazing all the fans can understand the players values but nobody inside the club can :?
And the excuse for Ryan Mcgoldricks over inflated contract was he wouldnt have signed otherwise --- Well for any player who is asking for more than they are worth - Mcgoldrick, Lupton to name 2 -- They know where the door is - Why dont we show them it ?
Now dont get me wrong - I know ryan is a fans favourite with many - and i am a fan of hudson but as said - Sentiment cannot come into it and neither can popularity - Players should be paid what they deserve - And that would mean a lot of players contracts dramatically reduced
The situation with McG really leaves a bitter taste. Fair enough its not his fault the club are so idiotic but if he walked in and demanded £100k i would have shown him the door. There are a lot better players out there who would probably play for less.

Apart from in some excellent play in attack (not often enough though) i personally think he is very average.
Like Brent Webb who we could have signed
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Bonzo
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Bonzo » 04 Aug 2008, 13:45

Rich_1 wrote:
dettoriman wrote:
Rich_1 wrote:

...and he proved it yesterday.
"Mr Underwood, You are truly a master of the mysteries that are not revealed to us mere mortals."

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 04 Aug 2008, 13:47

BFB wrote:Obsessive Fan of Hudson's...............

Where does the info come from that:

1) Hendo is leaving?

2) Captain Marvel Hudson is returning?

Surely, we can't sign Hudson till September.....

DM, I'm just as obsessive about Hudson, but I hate the guy, if he has signed for the club, on the terms you suggest, it proves it, he's the modern equivalent of a highwayman........
1) - I am informed he has admitted he cant hack it at SL anymore and has therefore said he doesnt want a new deal - may be true - might not be -- But if so i dont think any other SL club would take him on - Well Celtic maybe

2) Hudson is a Castleford Tiger next year - on a 4 year deal worth 100k a year - And Tbh you cannot blame him unless he has demanded the 100k -- In which case the club should tell him where to go - We will be bottom for the next three years at this rate
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

neil
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by neil » 04 Aug 2008, 16:28

what worries me is how supporters are finding out what the players are getting paid you dont see it on other fans forums who at the club is leaking it to the fans it should be in house we are now know has the 100 grand club every player we sign we offer them 100 grand mick robinson did not want to offer hudson that amount of concract but rw did the deal tm has had no say in any of the transfers for next year.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 04 Aug 2008, 22:17

neil wrote:what worries me is how supporters are finding out what the players are getting paid you dont see it on other fans forums who at the club is leaking it to the fans it should be in house we are now know has the 100 grand club every player we sign we offer them 100 grand mick robinson did not want to offer hudson that amount of concract but rw did the deal tm has had no say in any of the transfers for next year.
This is very true and as a Robbo critic - I can honestly say he has had nothing to do with this contract and he also thinks it is laughable - he isnt wrong either
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

G Man90
Academy Player
Academy Player

Razza....

Post by G Man90 » 05 Aug 2008, 11:44

i personally feel that signing razza is the way forward... by playin the way he has been there is no reason why he cant get in the england train on squad at least......
but on sunday he showed that hes alot better than hendo he runs with the ball more and he looks more dangerous when in possession.
but hendo is a grafter and will work all game but i dont think hes a starting hooker in SL animore

normytiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by normytiger » 14 Aug 2008, 10:18

This mornings Telegraph

I know it only it is only speculating (and I know all the signings have been mentioned before) but interesting article all the same
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!!!

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 14 Aug 2008, 13:03

We are signing Ryan Hudson? :o :o :o ;)

BFB
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BFB » 14 Aug 2008, 13:23

Rich_1 wrote:We are signing Ryan Hudson? :o :o :o ;)
I hope not!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Come on Cas!!!!!

Adam
Verified
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @yorkscoaster

Post by Adam » 14 Aug 2008, 13:24

It is in the rumor mill at the moment yes!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 14 Aug 2008, 13:52

BFB wrote:
I hope not!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Your going to be one unhappy fan

I cant believe this breaking news though -- I didnt know we were back in for ryan :lol:
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 14 Aug 2008, 15:42

As a Razza fan im obviously over moon with the signing.

Im sure to all of is critics out there he will answer them this season.

Just watch, i can understand if people are mad and bitter with him for leaving us when we were relagated, as a masive fan of is i wasnt exactly satisfied with it.

But he's a very good player and as developed his game tons since he went.

The break he's had looks as though its done him wonders and he looks fitter than ever.

Can't wait to get him back!

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 14 Aug 2008, 23:42

Wicksy wrote:If the roumour is true and Hudson has a 4 year deal, it's ........

One small step for man . One giant leap backwards for Cas tigers .
29 - 33 are we for real . :shock:

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 15 Aug 2008, 00:20

I've heard Hudson's deal is 2 yrs plus 1 year option after.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

corsa
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @ianhenshaw1983

Post by corsa » 16 Aug 2008, 13:17

To be honest from my eyes Hudson is knocking on a bit and we should look elsewhere been here once, yep ok he was an alright player but not the man to lead us to glory or a bloke with great skill he tires easily and if were to be a team to beat past players aren`t the men.

SUPER LEAGUE PREDICTIONS WINNER 2011

Pepper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Pepper » 16 Aug 2008, 15:05

I think Hudson is a very good signing, 2 years would be about right.
I rate him as a one of the better English hookers in the competition, a lot, lot better then Hendo and Moore, and better than Newton and Diskin in my opinion.

I have no idea if he will sign, how much he'll be on and for how long, but i find it really, really worrying that so many people (allegedly) know how much the players are getting paid, or how much new players are getting paid. Obviously there is a leek at the club and it needs sorting (that's if it true that all these facts and figures are general knowledge, i think its speculation and hearsay)

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 Aug 2008, 15:26

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... udson.html

Hooker Ryan Hudson is one of three players leaving the Giants at the end of the season.

The 28-year-old former Castleford and Wakefield player has another year on his contract but has exercised an opt-out clause and is expected to return to the Tigers.

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 16 Aug 2008, 18:13

Expect Steve Snitch to also be heading to us along with Hudson. Both good signings for me.

big-t
League One Player
League One Player

Post by big-t » 16 Aug 2008, 18:31

Morrissey wrote:Expect Steve Snitch to also be heading to us along with Hudson. Both good signings for me.
And Chris Feather who is being released by Bradford