Paul king

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Birstalltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Paul king

Post by Birstalltiger » 15 Jun 2008, 23:06

Heard today of 3 different hull FC fans that King is on is way to Cas next year on a 3 year deal.
The best looking Cas fan outside Cas

danny lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by danny lad » 15 Jun 2008, 23:07

i would take him... can anyone shed any light no the subject

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 15 Jun 2008, 23:10

I know he was set to sign if we had stayed up in 2006 (think it was in the papers the week before the final game at Wakey) so wouldn't be suprised if it's true.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 16 Jun 2008, 08:47

My mate text me this 3 weeks ago and he asked me yesterday if i had heard anymore, I said no only what he had told me.

He said that FC would only offer him a 1 year deal and Cas had offered him 3 years but from what he said he wouldnt be a positive signing for our drink culture
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 16 Jun 2008, 09:08

Has had injury problems and has missed far more than he's played this year. Is it some unwritten rule that we've got to sign players with so many injury doubts who have hardly played prior to us signing them. He'll be knocking on 30 next season too. OK not greatly old for a prop but it will mean we've then signed about 4 like that who will all be here, till their about 33. I prefer to go for someone younger and more in their prime and on the upgrade.

And why the 3 year contract for someone with so many question marks. What's wrong with a 2 year one.

It maybe just a rumour though.
Last edited by Bengal on 16 Jun 2008, 09:17, edited 2 times in total.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 16 Jun 2008, 09:09

Bengal wrote:Has had injury problems and has hardly played this year. Is it some unwritten rule that we've got to sign players with so many injury doubts who have hardly played prior to us signing them.

And why the 3 year contract for someone with so many question marks. What's wrong with a 2 year one.

It maybe just a rumour though.
It sounds like a move cas would make, and i bet we are going to pay him more than he is worth too
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Jun 2008, 13:21

dettoriman wrote:My mate text me this 3 weeks ago and he asked me yesterday if i had heard anymore, I said no only what he had told me.

He said that FC would only offer him a 1 year deal and Cas had offered him 3 years but from what he said he wouldnt be a positive signing for our drink culture
your right about 1 thing he is a proper alchoholic, never out of the pub

Renegade
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Renegade » 16 Jun 2008, 13:26

fords wrote:
dettoriman wrote:My mate text me this 3 weeks ago and he asked me yesterday if i had heard anymore, I said no only what he had told me.

Just want we want then he will fit in very well with many others. If he is crocked as well even better why change a regular habit when you are signing players.

Seriously do any of our lot ever do a background check when signing players. It is the first thing the likes of Leeds, Bradford, Saints and others do. It is called professionalism a word that appears totally alien to our powers that be.

classy cas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classy cas » 16 Jun 2008, 13:30

Renegade wrote:
fords wrote:

Just want we want then he will fit in very well with many others. If he is crocked as well even better why change a regular habit when you are signing players.

Seriously do any of our lot ever do a background check when signing players. It is the first thing the likes of Leeds, Bradford, Saints and others do. It is called professionalism a word that appears totally alien to our powers that be.
Crocked or Not he will still play more minutes than Korky :lol: :lol:

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Jun 2008, 13:39

'King hell!
Spreading the Cas gene pool