Lets forget about today....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
ayeup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ayeup » 16 Jun 2008, 12:54

Renegade wrote:
gazemous wrote:I agree with all the sentiments here, I'd tear up McGoldrick's 4 year deal - it's disgraceful as it is - then I'd be inclined to bring in a total in-season booze ban where they can drink post-season until training starts again and the night after they've won a game.
I agree fully gaz, four years has put him right in the comfort zone and when your paying him going on twice what he is worth as well it makes it more than a joke. then again when you have got a CEO who thinks he is brilliant and puts him right in the same class as such as Brent webb, you are in trouble.
True, the board are at fault for offering an over generous deal to a beer monster and also not cracking down on his behaviour. At the end of the day though it's down to the player as an individual. It's how much respect he's got for the club at that is seemingly zero. To do this before a game is bad enough but to do it in Xscape under everyones noses is beyond belief. What an absolute muppet.

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 16 Jun 2008, 13:26

Picasso1 wrote:
dettoriman wrote:As has been said,

Fine all the team 3 days wages or something - Its a tough one as were not football and some players arent made of money so you cant take all there weekly income.

BUt if you punish them then they will get stuck into the players who are taking the Michael and hopefully the drinking will stop
why take it out on the players who do not go out drinking though. As has been said, Westerman for one. Surely if you did something wrong at work you would not expect the rest of your colleagues to get the same punishment. I know your profession is different but you get where I am coming from I hope.
I think it's a fantastic idea.

As already said, if the culprits continued i don't think the rest of the players would appreciate it.

As proven many times, some of them have no respect for the fans but surely they have some sort of respect for eachother.

Picasso1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Picasso1 » 16 Jun 2008, 13:28

Rich_1 wrote:
Picasso1 wrote:

Fine all the team 3 days wages or something - Its a tough one as were not football and some players arent made of money so you cant take all there weekly income.

BUt if you punish them then they will get stuck into the players who are taking the Michael and hopefully the drinking will stop
why take it out on the players who do not go out drinking though. As has been said, Westerman for one. Surely if you did something wrong at work you would not expect the rest of your colleagues to get the same punishment. I know your profession is different but you get where I am coming from I hope.

As already said, if the culprits continued i don't think the rest of the players would appreciate it.

As proven many times, some of them have no respect for the fans but surely they have some sort of respect for eachother.
I take your point Rich, but then as you say SOME have no respect for the fans. Not everybody, therefore to me not all should be fined. I take it if it happened to you at work because one of your colleagues had done something wrong the night before, you would not object to being fined for it.

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 16 Jun 2008, 13:41

Picasso1 wrote:
Rich_1 wrote:
Picasso1 wrote:

I take your point Rich, but then as you say SOME have no respect for the fans. Not everybody, therefore to me not all should be fined. I take it if it happened to you at work because one of your colleagues had done something wrong the night before, you would not object to being fined for it.
I would just headbutt him/her ;)

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Lets forget about today....

Post by fords » 16 Jun 2008, 13:51

Rich_1 wrote:I think the main thing we need to worry about is making sure that our football manager and a number of the players enjoyed their night round Xscape last night?

Todays wasted journey will feel all the more worth it as long as they had a great night.
write a letter to RW &TM letting them know your feelings on this & ask for an explanation & what they are going to do about it. it's out of order drinking night before a game

Half Acres Halfwit
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Half Acres Halfwit » 16 Jun 2008, 13:57

Don`t pussyfoot about, put the WHOLE CLUB on an alcohol ban until matters on the field are drastically improved,ANYONE from top to bottom,caught breaking the ban should be thrown out with immediate effect for breach of club rules.
This thing has gone on for too long and is steadily escalating,bring it to an end and do it now,show some respect for the fans RW and get this sorted.

HEY YOU GU-UYS!!

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 16 Jun 2008, 14:05

Half Acres Halfwit wrote:Don`t pussyfoot about, put the WHOLE CLUB on an alcohol ban until matters on the field are drastically improved,ANYONE from top to bottom,caught breaking the ban should be thrown out with immediate effect for breach of club rules.
This thing has gone on for too long and is steadily escalating,bring it to an end and do it now,show some respect for the fans RW and get this sorted.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Picasso1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Picasso1 » 16 Jun 2008, 14:25

Half Acres Halfwit wrote:Don`t pussyfoot about, put the WHOLE CLUB on an alcohol ban until matters on the field are drastically improved,ANYONE from top to bottom,caught breaking the ban should be thrown out with immediate effect for breach of club rules.
agree with that, they should all be banned from drinking throughout the season, but to fine all players for 1 persons mistake is in my opinion wrong

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 16 Jun 2008, 14:27

Agree with you 100% a total ban and if anyones caught tear up his contract you can guarrantee they will only tear one contact up the rest will tow the line if they think there is a chance it could happen to them, also while were at it lets tell TM to start performing or get on your bike mate the club wants a total shake up from top to bottom.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 16 Jun 2008, 17:30

Tbh at any other club ryans contract would have been torn up
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Jack Bauer
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Jack Bauer » 16 Jun 2008, 17:31

the trouble is, when you let someone get away with something for so long then they start taking advantage and keep pushing the limit.