Hudson & Cockayne

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 15 Jun 2008, 19:51

i would rather promote and play academy lads that want to play for the shirt than overpaid aussie hasbeens/neverweres that seem to spend all their time in boozers.Theres no relegation so why cant we?

Jack Bauer
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Jack Bauer » 15 Jun 2008, 19:54

tallguyx wrote:i would rather promote and play academy lads that want to play for the shirt than overpaid aussie hasbeens/neverweres that seem to spend all their time in boozers.Theres no relegation so why cant we?
Trouble is though, from what i hear if you play in the 1st team then you then become one of the drinking lads.

danny lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by danny lad » 15 Jun 2008, 19:57

surely there is some punishment the club could take on the players.

fining wages would be a start

Jack Bauer
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Jack Bauer » 15 Jun 2008, 19:59

danny lad wrote:surely there is some punishment the club could take on the players.

fining wages would be a start
I would say only if there has been a rule laid down or it is in their contract. If nothing has been said to them, then there is not a lot the club can do.

It's all down to player respect for the club, his team mates and also his body.

zart
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by zart » 15 Jun 2008, 20:01

And the fans

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 15 Jun 2008, 20:01

dettoriman wrote:
pontetiger wrote:if hes signed a new contract why is it not annonced with immidiate effect,its not like hes playing for another club, also cannot get my head round the total lack of disrespect the player are showing to the fans by going out on the lash the night before this is totally out of order and needs dealing with.sherwin is a waste of a money injury prone and likes his pop too much.
The announcement wont be long in coming and i would expect it will be hurried now due to the embarrassing effort from the team today to take some light off of that.

As for the disrespect the players are showing to the fans, I am sure certain members of the playing staff and robbo included as well must do it just to draw a reaction from the fans tbh
It makes you think that mate i agree .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

danny lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by danny lad » 15 Jun 2008, 20:02

i would think that the players would have something in their contracts about conduct detrimental to the team. surely drinking before matches is detrimental?

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 15 Jun 2008, 20:05

the main concern for me is that the players that are supposed to be drinking most are the older players in the team, they are the ones that are meant to be the locker room leaders. I don't mind the lads bonding but the day before a game is ridiculous. If its a first team problem fine all the first team, the ones not involved will soon let the guilty parties now how they feel!

Glassblower

Post by Glassblower » 15 Jun 2008, 20:10

danny lad wrote:i would think that the players would have something in their contracts about conduct detrimental to the team. surely drinking before matches is detrimental?
We have been here many times, it is beyond a joke :(

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 16 Jun 2008, 09:41

Hudson was taken off yesterday with what was described as a serious shoulder injury. Cockayne is up at court anytime I've heard, on a charge of Affray. If what I've been told is correct, there is a good chance he could get sent down. So I would be very wary at this time of pursuing or going through with their contracts. You would assume the club has a get out clause in the event of injury or such things before the end of this season.

As regards Hudson he'll be 29 by the end of the year. I have no problem with his signing if the injury diagnosis is not serious, as you know he'll bring some positivity to the club. However I have been told we have offered him a 4 year contract at hugely inflated odds, hugely above what Huddersfield have offered him. I just cannot understand our BOD with some of the new contracts they've been giving out and they just don't seem to have a clue.

At the meeting we were told that our squad spending projection was not going to be much more than this year. If so, at this rate we're going to end up with a very small squad.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 16 Jun 2008, 13:50

Bengal wrote:Hudson was taken off yesterday with what was described as a serious shoulder injury. Cockayne is up at court anytime I've heard, on a charge of GBH. If what I've been told is correct, there is a good chance he could get sent down. So I would be very wary at this time of pursuing or going through with their contracts. You would assume the club has a get out clause in the event of injury or such things before the end of this season.

As regards Hudson he'll be 29 by the end of the year. I have no problem with his signing if the injury diagnosis is not serious, as you know he'll bring some positivity to the club. However I have been told we have offered him a 4 year contract at hugely inflated odds, hugely above what Huddersfield have offered him. I just cannot understand our BOD with some of the new contracts they've been giving out and they just don't seem to have a clue.

At the meeting we were told that our squad spending projection was not going to be much more than this year. If so, at this rate we're going to end up with a very small squad.
I have also heard Hudson has agreed a four year contract.

I really like the guy and would be delighted to have him back but not on another over inflated 4 year contract!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 16 Jun 2008, 17:26

Rich_1 wrote:
Bengal wrote:Hudson was taken off yesterday with what was described as a serious shoulder injury. Cockayne is up at court anytime I've heard, on a charge of GBH. If what I've been told is correct, there is a good chance he could get sent down. So I would be very wary at this time of pursuing or going through with their contracts. You would assume the club has a get out clause in the event of injury or such things before the end of this season.

I have also heard Hudson has agreed a four year contract.

I really like the guy and would be delighted to have him back but not on another over inflated 4 year contract!
Who told you ;)

A 4 year over inflated contract is what he has signed :lol:
Loyalty Costs Nothing !