Hastings / Radley

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Hastings / Radley

Post by Cas Cohen » 09 Aug 2022, 17:11

These two putting their hand up for England end of the year... call me a dinosaur but I would rather go into a World Cup with a bunch of English lads and fail, than win it with knock-off Aussies. I know all other countries are at it but I reckon Wane will stick to his guns.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Hastings / Radley

Post by derbystiger » 09 Aug 2022, 19:27

I’m usually of the same opinion - Aussies putting their hand up for us because they not good enough for the Aussie side I just don’t agree with so Hastings is a no from me. However, Radley is a different case altogether I think - he is part of NSW origin plans (would have played on game 2 if not for injury I think) and was also part of Meninga’s plans for the World Cup. He’s given up ever playing Origin and wearing the green and gold to represent his Dad, who moved out there from Sheffield in his 20’s. To me, as one of the best 13’s in the NRL, turning your back on Origin and Australia, shows a genuine desire and commitment to represent England so, Radley gets my vote.

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas Cohen » 10 Aug 2022, 13:37

derbystiger wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 19:27 I’m usually of the same opinion - Aussies putting their hand up for us because they not good enough for the Aussie side I just don’t agree with so Hastings is a no from me. However, Radley is a different case altogether I think - he is part of NSW origin plans (would have played on game 2 if not for injury I think) and was also part of Meninga’s plans for the World Cup. He’s given up ever playing Origin and wearing the green and gold to represent his Dad, who moved out there from Sheffield in his 20’s. To me, as one of the best 13’s in the NRL, turning your back on Origin and Australia, shows a genuine desire and commitment to represent England so, Radley gets my vote.
I actually didn't know that mate. I agree with you if he's sacrificed all that to play for us, that must be a first?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 10 Aug 2022, 13:50

Cas Cohen wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 13:37
derbystiger wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 19:27 I’m usually of the same opinion - Aussies putting their hand up for us because they not good enough for the Aussie side I just don’t agree with so Hastings is a no from me. However, Radley is a different case altogether I think - he is part of NSW origin plans (would have played on game 2 if not for injury I think) and was also part of Meninga’s plans for the World Cup. He’s given up ever playing Origin and wearing the green and gold to represent his Dad, who moved out there from Sheffield in his 20’s. To me, as one of the best 13’s in the NRL, turning your back on Origin and Australia, shows a genuine desire and commitment to represent England so, Radley gets my vote.
I actually didn't know that mate. I agree with you if he's sacrificed all that to play for us, that must be a first?
Definitely a first I reckon mate - and definitely the first 'Aussie' I've ever agreed with letting them pull an England/GB shirt on. I can't ever remember agreeing with a heritage player, I didn't even back Rangi for England, but Radley has won me over.

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas Cohen » 10 Aug 2022, 16:58

derbystiger wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 13:50
Definitely a first I reckon mate - and definitely the first 'Aussie' I've ever agreed with letting them pull an England/GB shirt on. I can't ever remember agreeing with a heritage player, I didn't even back Rangi for England, but Radley has won me over.
I only watch the NRL here and there, you reckon he would get in the Kangoroos squad or even starting team?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 10 Aug 2022, 18:35

Cas Cohen wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 16:58
I only watch the NRL here and there, you reckon he would get in the Kangoroos squad or even starting team?
He was in the origin squad for game 2 this year, he’s played origin u20’s, played for Junior Kangaroos and was part of the Kangaroos squad in 2019 against NZ. Meninga has reported in the Aussie press that he’s disappointed as he was in his plans for the World Cup. I reckon he probably would have travelled here as a Kangaroo. He’s a hell of a player and tough as nails - obviously he’s a 13 but Meninga reckons that he has versatility to play on an edge, at 9 or even in the halfs! I’ve only ever seen him play 13 though. A 17 with both him and Morgan Knowles in starts to look very good as far as in game options are concerned I reckon.

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas Cohen » 11 Aug 2022, 09:11

derbystiger wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 18:35
He was in the origin squad for game 2 this year, he’s played origin u20’s, played for Junior Kangaroos and was part of the Kangaroos squad in 2019 against NZ. Meninga has reported in the Aussie press that he’s disappointed as he was in his plans for the World Cup. I reckon he probably would have travelled here as a Kangaroo. He’s a hell of a player and tough as nails - obviously he’s a 13 but Meninga reckons that he has versatility to play on an edge, at 9 or even in the halfs! I’ve only ever seen him play 13 though. A 17 with both him and Morgan Knowles in starts to look very good as far as in game options are concerned I reckon.
Nice one mate, good knowledge. Let's see how it turns out

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 15 Oct 2022, 17:38

Cas Cohen wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 09:11

Didn’t turn out too bad in game 1 mate 👍

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas Cohen » 06 Nov 2022, 13:09

derbystiger wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 17:38
Cas Cohen wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 09:11

Didn’t turn out too bad in game 1 mate 👍
Yeah he's class pal