Mustapha to cas ?

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 20785
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29
Contact:

Mustapha to cas ?

Post by old cas lass » 04 Aug 2022, 19:32


Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2252
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 21:07
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by Mucky1978 » 04 Aug 2022, 19:34

Is this really best we can hope for.

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 20785
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by old cas lass » 04 Aug 2022, 19:53

Mucky1978 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 19:34 Is this really best we can hope for.
Looks that way.
More from the cheap shelf.
But’s what’s new.

Al letuknow1
New member
Posts: 35
Joined: 28 Jul 2012, 18:42
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by Al letuknow1 » 04 Aug 2022, 20:13

2 year contract as well , I’ve heard 🥴

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1005
Joined: 14 Mar 2018, 17:35
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by MrRugby123 » 04 Aug 2022, 20:22

old cas lass wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 19:53
Mucky1978 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 19:34 Is this really best we can hope for.
Looks that way.
More from the cheap shelf.
But’s what’s new.
Who are we supposed to get if we haven’t got no cap space?

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 20785
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by old cas lass » 04 Aug 2022, 20:28

MrRugby123 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 20:22
old cas lass wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 19:53
Mucky1978 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 19:34 Is this really best we can hope for.
Looks that way.
More from the cheap shelf.
But’s what’s new.
Who are we supposed to get if we haven’t got no cap space?
Who knows what cap space we have for 2023.
I’m sure there’s gonna be a few out of contract players on their way.
To be successful you need good players.
Do we want to be a middle table team who are clinging on and depending on other teams to get into the 6 every season.

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1005
Joined: 14 Mar 2018, 17:35
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by MrRugby123 » 04 Aug 2022, 20:41

old cas lass wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 20:28
MrRugby123 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 20:22
old cas lass wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 19:53
Mucky1978 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 19:34 Is this really best we can hope for.
Looks that way.
More from the cheap shelf.
But’s what’s new.
Who are we supposed to get if we haven’t got no cap space?
Who knows what cap space we have for 2023.
I’m sure there’s gonna be a few out of contract players on their way.
To be successful you need good players.
Do we want to be a middle table team who are clinging on and depending on other teams to get into the 6 every season.
We can’t match the spending powers of the big teams so we have to unearth gems like we have done in the past.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2252
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 21:07
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by Mucky1978 » 04 Aug 2022, 20:44

MrRugby123 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 20:22
old cas lass wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 19:53
Mucky1978 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 19:34 Is this really best we can hope for.
Looks that way.
More from the cheap shelf.
But’s what’s new.
Who are we supposed to get if we haven’t got no cap space?
No cap space?
Very strange comment.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1538
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 23:02
Location: WAKEFIELD
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by Sharlotiger » 04 Aug 2022, 21:01

MrRugby123 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 20:41
old cas lass wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 20:28
MrRugby123 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 20:22
old cas lass wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 19:53
Mucky1978 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 19:34 Is this really best we can hope for.
Looks that way.
More from the cheap shelf.
But’s what’s new.
Who are we supposed to get if we haven’t got no cap space?
Who knows what cap space we have for 2023.
I’m sure there’s gonna be a few out of contract players on their way.
To be successful you need good players.
Do we want to be a middle table team who are clinging on and depending on other teams to get into the 6 every season.
We can’t match the spending powers of the big teams so we have to unearth gems like we have done in the past.
We spend the full cap like all the top sides so surely the question is are we spending it wisely?

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2252
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 21:07
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by Mucky1978 » 04 Aug 2022, 22:39

We like Leeds players don’t we granted Mellor looks good but Broadbent needs a lot of work on is defence even is mum said same and this lad seen him have one good run against Wigan that’s about it.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2151
Joined: 05 Sep 2012, 15:24
Location: In your face.
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by The Firm » 04 Aug 2022, 23:57

I try to be positive about most signings but at best this lad is bang average. I guess he must be cheap but he isn’t really an upgrade on Tyler Hepi who most weren’t upset to see leave.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 13154
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Aug 2022, 09:02

Can't say I've seen much of him wasn't he well thought of at Leeds at some point
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4766
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by gateman » 05 Aug 2022, 10:14

i am nearly sure the lad played for GB under 19s at Headingly a match i went to

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 261
Joined: 24 Dec 2018, 14:08
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 05 Aug 2022, 11:56

I just think we are heading back towards bigger teams pulling away again like the 80s and 90s. Salary cap was brought in to level the playing field. Now with marquee signings etc I think the gap will open again. I know there's the argument that only 4 teams (I think)have won the comp since its Inception but can only see the gap getting wider again.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5963
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 05 Aug 2022, 13:12

It isn’t going to change with people taking their eye off the ball with imaginary successful expansion clubs with big crowds in places like York, Newcastle and Edinburgh

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5963
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 05 Aug 2022, 13:12

It isn’t going to change with people taking their eye off the ball with imaginary successful expansion clubs with big crowds in places like York, Newcastle and Edinburgh

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5963
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 05 Aug 2022, 13:13

Fell for the multiple tapping thing!!

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2252
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 21:07
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by Mucky1978 » 05 Aug 2022, 17:31

Leeds look like doing great business in the lower leagues whilst we look like offering deals to people who can’t get in their team and Feki and Fonua

Classysupercas6202
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 337
Joined: 10 Dec 2020, 21:33
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by Classysupercas6202 » 06 Aug 2022, 20:48

Mustapha gander?

Classysupercas6202
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 337
Joined: 10 Dec 2020, 21:33
Contact:

Re: Mustapha to cas ?

Post by Classysupercas6202 » 06 Aug 2022, 20:51

Derbyshiretiger wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 11:56 I just think we are heading back towards bigger teams pulling away again like the 80s and 90s. Salary cap was brought in to level the playing field. Now with marquee signings etc I think the gap will open again. I know there's the argument that only 4 teams (I think)have won the comp since its Inception but can only see the gap getting wider again.
We was only saying the same other day,it's not a level playing field once again,and the gap will keep widening every year unfortunately.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests