Top Six chances ?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Top Six chances ?

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Aug 2022, 12:36

I don't know why people are being so pessimistic after one loss yes we were crap but our oppontents played very well in what was there cup final before that we'd hammered hull away and beaten two of the top four in our last few games I'm expecting us at least to run saints close on Sunday and certainly finish in the play off positions
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 01 Aug 2022, 12:50

Absolutely

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 01 Aug 2022, 12:57

tigerfeat wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 12:36 I don't know why people are being so pessimistic after one loss yes we were crap but our oppontents played very well in what was there cup final before that we'd hammered hull away and beaten two of the top four in our last few games I'm expecting us at least to run saints close on Sunday and certainly finish in the play off positions
In 2 of our last 3 games we have been played off the park by 2 bottom 4 clubs so form not looking good and injuries to key players will make the rest of the season very challenging.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Aug 2022, 13:21

Leeds arnt a bottom four side if they make the play offs they will give anybody a game you can't just look at defeats we beat Catalans and Huddersfield as well suppose it depends whether you want to optimistic or pessimistic about things
Injuries your right Rocky Hampshire Evalds and Trueman were all playing in top form when they got crocked for season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 01 Aug 2022, 13:31

Or looking at form in a slightly different way we won five of our last 7 games including beating 2 of the top 4. Three of those 5 wins were in the last month and included a big away win at one of our top 6 rivals 10 days ago.
Challenging yes but most of our rivals have significant injury concerns too.

DebH
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by DebH » 01 Aug 2022, 16:29

It makes for an exciting end to season with scramble for top six and hudds and Catalans having injuries/losses too. We aren’t going down so let’s enjoy it, hope for the best but don’t slit our wrists if we finish out of top 6. Cas have played some great rugby this season and I can enjoy re running those on tigerstv over off season if we falter in final few games.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 01 Aug 2022, 16:46

Great post

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 01 Aug 2022, 18:10

I think you'd have to say we won a couple on paper we shouldn't with Saints and Catalan. And have lost one we really should have won.

Onwards and upwards to be fair, we haven't had a season of meek capitulations and if this is a one off, let it go.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 01 Aug 2022, 18:10

I think you'd have to say we won a couple on paper we shouldn't with Saints and Catalan. And have lost one we really should have won.

Onwards and upwards to be fair, we haven't had a season of meek capitulations and if this is a one off, let it go.