D Powell

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
hazzy

D Powell

Post by hazzy » 16 Jul 2022, 22:09

They're pulling Powell to bits on the Warrington forum

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: D Powell

Post by gateman » 16 Jul 2022, 22:59

DP was great for us i thank him for that but i think if he his time again he would have stopped at CAS not an happy bunnie

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 17 Jul 2022, 07:23

I agree Gateman, and like most of us in our working life's, at some point we fancy a change, especially when it's more money for doing the same job. This is where the grass obviously looked greener for DP and a couple of players, but it doesn't always work out.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Jul 2022, 07:33

I was talking to a chap from Warrington yesterday and he was saying he's alienated a lot of the players that were there before he came I don't think he will last long into next season he's all ready signed a number of players who haven't improved the team sent it backwards if anything Matautia a good example garbage again yesterday crabbing 30 meters sideways and then knocking on or losing the ball in contact
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 17 Jul 2022, 07:49

he said in his after match interview that he had walked up to the Warrington fans after the game & pleaded for patience, i can just imagine what they said to him?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Jul 2022, 08:16

Tbh Yorky them kind of things like a meet the fans stunt he had after a terrible performance earlier in the season wear a bit thin after a while
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Jul 2022, 08:58

yorky wrote: 17 Jul 2022, 07:49 he said in his after match interview that he had walked up to the Warrington fans after the game & pleaded for patience, i can just imagine what they said to him?
There’s a video doing the rounds of it.
Tbf the fans at the front were shaking his hand.
The ones at the back were giving him some right verbal.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 17 Jul 2022, 09:26

I have no sympathy for most Warrington fans. Under previous coaches they were unhappy and were demanding that the board sack Smith/Price etc and bring in Powell from Cas! Now it’s sack Powell and buy XYZ. They believe that they have a Divine Right and “little” clubs like Cas are just feeder clubs. So if I were Powell the last people I’d be talking to is their fans.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 17 Jul 2022, 10:50

Heard he’s not making the signings.

The plodder at 22 yesterday from the NRL is not a Powell signing.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Jul 2022, 11:23

Can't see that tho after signing players like minikin Holmes and matautia properly not a bad idea
Vince Lombardi

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 17 Jul 2022, 18:39

tigerfeat wrote: 17 Jul 2022, 07:33 I was talking to a chap from Warrington yesterday and he was saying he's alienated a lot of the players that were there before he came I don't think he will last long into next season he's all ready signed a number of players who haven't improved the team sent it backwards if anything Matautia a good example garbage again yesterday crabbing 30 meters sideways and then knocking on or losing the ball in contact
Think he alienated some of the cas players in his last few seasons. Had his favorites and the people who seemed to cop the blame for bad team peformances.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Jul 2022, 19:00

dude wrote: 17 Jul 2022, 18:39
tigerfeat wrote: 17 Jul 2022, 07:33 I was talking to a chap from Warrington yesterday and he was saying he's alienated a lot of the players that were there before he came I don't think he will last long into next season he's all ready signed a number of players who haven't improved the team sent it backwards if anything Matautia a good example garbage again yesterday crabbing 30 meters sideways and then knocking on or losing the ball in contact
Think he alienated some of the cas players in his last few seasons. Had his favorites and the people who seemed to cop the blame for bad team peformances.
Absolutely I lost a lot of respect I had for him over the last three or four years he was down lane the way he treated some players was poor he seems to have carried on in the same way over the pennines
Vince Lombardi

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 18 Jul 2022, 07:25

when we played Warrington away he was stood in the area to the dressing rooms area shaking hands with our players as they arrived for the match & i just didnt think it was right

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 18 Jul 2022, 18:29

tigerfeat wrote: 17 Jul 2022, 19:00
Absolutely I lost a lot of respect I had for him over the last three or four years he was down lane the way he treated some players was poor he seems to have carried on in the same way over the pennines
Richardson seemed to cop a lot of the blame and matautia was undroppable. Radford seems to have got Richardson confidence up and he's playing well.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jul 2022, 18:51

dude wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 18:29
tigerfeat wrote: 17 Jul 2022, 19:00
Richardson seemed to cop a lot of the blame and matautia was undroppable. Radford seems to have got Richardson confidence up and he's playing well.
Yes Danny Richardson is a different player now under Radford
Mike Cooper has been shipped off mid season with mutterings that he didn't want to play or there was something wrong with him reminds me of Benny Roberts just before he left he'd injured this or that wasn't in the right frame of mind to play I saw him in the town just before he left and asked him what was wrong with him and he said you tell me because I've no idea
Vince Lombardi

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 20 Jul 2022, 07:28

There's something at Warrington that's stopping them achieving what they should! Its not DP or RS, I have a feeling its higher up, maybe Fitzpatrick.

Something fundamental needs to change at that club and I thought (and still do) DP will be the one to do it, but he needs to be given the keys to everything, right from bottom to the top. If he had the buy in at Warrington that he had at Cas, he would really move them forward to constantly challenge. Until he (and any coach there for that matter) gets the buy in, they will keep meandering from coach to coach and winning every now and again rather than most years.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Jul 2022, 11:09

StevieTheTV wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 07:28 There's something at Warrington that's stopping them achieving what they should! Its not DP or RS, I have a feeling its higher up, maybe Fitzpatrick.

Something fundamental needs to change at that club and I thought (and still do) DP will be the one to do it, but he needs to be given the keys to everything, right from bottom to the top. If he had the buy in at Warrington that he had at Cas, he would really move them forward to constantly challenge. Until he (and any coach there for that matter) gets the buy in, they will keep meandering from coach to coach and winning every now and again rather than most years.
The difference for me Stevie is by and large the players bought in to what he was doing at Cas and if they didn't they were quickly shipped on its always what you can achieve as a group with Powelly above any individual... to use one of Wayne Bennetts saying a great team will always beat a team of greats that's what he believes in
We will see if he gets that spirit going at Warrington I have my doubts that he will before he gets shipped on himself
Vince Lombardi

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 21 Jul 2022, 08:39

tigerfeat wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 11:09 The difference for me Stevie is by and large the players bought in to what he was doing at Cas and if they didn't they were quickly shipped on its always what you can achieve as a group with Powelly above any individual... to use one of Wayne Bennetts saying a great team will always beat a team of greats that's what he believes in
We will see if he gets that spirit going at Warrington I have my doubts that he will before he gets shipped on himself
Agree 100% with that and thats why i think the problems are higher up.

If DP isnt doing the recruiting, how will DP know if the players buy into his ethos.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 21 Jul 2022, 09:48

Canterbury have let Matt Dufty leave early and his on his way to Warrington. Doesn't strike me as a DP sort of signing. Karl Fitzpatrick seems to be the one doing the recruitment drive.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Jul 2022, 09:55

DP gone from a team with a shoestring budget to a team that money means nothing will he do any better only time will tell , my root would be to produce your own i love the way Saints play one of their own and straight away does not look out of place the same could be said about Wigan to a lesser extent