Bojo

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Bojo

Post by FIat Capper » 01 Feb 2022, 13:00

alftupper wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 09:29
baldtiger wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 13:16 Dismantle the NHS sell off any British assets
Often gets overlooked but the Conservatives have been safe custodians of the NHS for 47 of its 74 years. I myself do not worship the NHS like a lot of people, it is a vast money pit, a black hole that will demand more money however much is thrown at it, it certainly needs a major shake up.

As for selling off this countries assets, anybody remember Gordo Brown flogging off our gold reserves at $300/oz, it is now around $2,000 / oz... #thereisnomoremoneyleft
Is there any point having gold reserves if you don't ever sell them? I can guarantee that the price will continue to rise so not selling seems to make no sense whatsoever.

As for safe custodians of the NHS, the fact it is still with us doesn't mean it's been looked after properly. We've only just seen a massive turn around by the Health Sec having taken many months to realise his mandatory vaccine rule would have cost us another 75k health workers.

How are waiting lists doing..?

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 07 Jul 2022, 09:09

He’s gone

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 07 Jul 2022, 10:13

alftupper wrote: 07 Jul 2022, 09:09He’s gone
If only!

I can think of no other PM in history that would resign and stay on. There's a reason we have a Deputy PM and even though I'm no fan of his, he should cover the role until a new Tory Leader is selected. At least Raab may have enough MP's to select a Cabinet from...

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 07 Jul 2022, 11:04

He’s not going to be around until the autumn, just can’t see it happening

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 07 Jul 2022, 12:18

alftupper wrote: 07 Jul 2022, 11:04 He’s not going to be around until the autumn, just can’t see it happening
In all honesty, the longer he stays the better for Labour but the country needs change right now, even if it does mean the new PM will probably march to an election victory next time round.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 07 Jul 2022, 14:03

For me most of our front line MP’s are [REMOVED] stained and can’t be trusted. Most of Labour’s front bench campaigned to put a Marxist crank into no.10, an anti semite who hates our country and loves our enemies,
Then we have all the Conservatives who have defended the indefensible over the last few months. Not sure where the next decent PM is coming from

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 07 Jul 2022, 18:57

Well, that took longer than I thought after I was slating him back in January and advocating him being removed at that time !

I think Ben Wallace would be my choice as we need a strong defensive military type guy who I believe would be old school, not swayed by political ambition and says how it is ! Steve Baker gave a good interview also today and looks as though he is throwing his hat in also and would be my second choice.

Whoever it is has one big job on their hands as I have never seen such dire predicaments we all are now in with, Covid on the march again, Brexit not fully implemented, Russia ready to nuke us with Hypersonic Missiles, climate change, cost of living and, the economy down the sh.tt.r by all sorts of issues out of our control !!!

As the song goes........ "There May Be Trouble Ahead" !!!!

Hope we can all get through this year intact but |'m afraid there may be huge civil unrest on the way come winter !!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 10 Jul 2022, 13:10

Your Ben Wallace choice isn’t running, who does that leave? My best of a bad bunch now would be Jeremy Hunt

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 14 Jul 2022, 10:10

alftupper wrote: 10 Jul 2022, 13:10 Your Ben Wallace choice isn’t running, who does that leave? My best of a bad bunch now would be Jeremy Hunt
Liz Truss

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 14 Jul 2022, 18:50

Penny Mordaunt now bookies fav

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas Cohen » 15 Jul 2022, 07:45

alftupper wrote: 07 Jul 2022, 11:04 He’s not going to be around until the autumn, just can’t see it happening
He'll keep his face on our screens for as long as he can :x

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 16 Oct 2022, 14:58

alftupper wrote: 10 Jul 2022, 13:10 Your Ben Wallace choice isn’t running, who does that leave? My best of a bad bunch now would be Jeremy Hunt
Looks like I've got my wish

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 16 Oct 2022, 15:18

alftupper wrote: 16 Oct 2022, 14:58
Looks like I've got my wish
Still think Ben Wallace would be best as PM as he is in the know with Russia and would be better placed to handle dangerous decisions and reminds me of Churchill. I'd leave J Hunt as Chancellor and that combination might work better, however it's going to be very interesting to see what occurs now.

What was Truss thinking as she has made an Absolute Catastrophe on that Mini Budget !! I know we need growth but that was way out of the ball park when the country is having to batten down the hatches !! Wrong Place (to Tax), Wrong Time, Wrong Strategy !!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 20 Oct 2022, 11:13

She's a walking talking example of the Peter Principle, the fact she put herself forward as a candidate illustrates she has no idea of her limitations.

As for Ben Wallace its a big no from me.

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 20 Oct 2022, 14:47

Resigned. What a farce our country is under this rabble

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 20 Oct 2022, 15:10

rumours that Bojo will throw his hat in!

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 20 Oct 2022, 15:22

alftupper wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 15:10 rumours that Bojo will throw his hat in!
Wouldnt surprise me. Probably would claw back some voters who have gone off the tories. I reckon it will be Sunak

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 20 Oct 2022, 17:52

On reflection, probably the devil you know with Sunak to run the country with his treasury experience and keep Ben Wallace where he says as he wants to be as defence secretary and have full focus on The Mad Hatter in Moscow !!

Truss was right to look to grow the economy but not at 500 miles an hour like she did and crash the market !!! She needed to pace it through but she's blown herself up spectacularly !!

And I never agreed with lowering the 45P high rate as that just proved that "chestnut" adage "the rich get richer" !! What was she Thinking !!! Stupid Girl !!!

After both Boris and Truss relfecting a "Muppett Show" (which is doing the rounds) just cannot see them getting back in Power at next election !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 01 Nov 2022, 09:44

watching some of the debate on the immigrant crisis in parliament yesterday reminded me of no matter how bad thing may look under the Tory’s never ever should we risk a Labour administration. Suella Braverman could be an excellent Home Secretary who displays the correct attitude towards the hordes of Albanian men invading our shores. Opposite her is a Shadow Home Secretary who spouts platitudes about dissuading them from making the crossing in the first place while simultaneously holding up placards emblazoned with ‘refugees welcome’
Never ever trust Labour

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 01 Nov 2022, 17:54

alftupper wrote: 01 Nov 2022, 09:44 watching some of the debate on the immigrant crisis in parliament yesterday reminded me of no matter how bad thing may look under the Tory’s never ever should we risk a Labour administration. Suella Braverman could be an excellent Home Secretary who displays the correct attitude towards the hordes of Albanian men invading our shores. Opposite her is a Shadow Home Secretary who spouts platitudes about dissuading them from making the crossing in the first place while simultaneously holding up placards emblazoned with ‘refugees welcome’
Never ever trust Labour
The level of illegality of immigrants coming over has major risks to the UK from both health issues (not knowing what they bring with them), increased crime, possible terrorists filtering through etc etc and we are spending an absolute fortune in keeping them comfy and warm to the detriment of our own homeless including PTSD ex military who frequent our streets not to mention our older population now under threat from the economic downturn.

AN ABSOLUTE SCANDAL and at least Braverman is walking the walk on these issues whereas as you quite rightly say that Labour simply aren't !!