Widdop

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
User avatar
jackknife
Verified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4412
Joined: 07 Jul 2011, 17:28
Location: york
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by jackknife » 15 Jun 2022, 05:54

From Radfords point of view he needs results now (next year) and cant afford to give youth 3 or 4 years to mature. No coach can really they will be sacked way before a young team started to pay off.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 13130
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Jun 2022, 08:43

Not only that were likely to move to ten teams in the league you've got to have a strong team then gradually get the age of the team down
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2245
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 21:07
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by Mucky1978 » 11 Jul 2022, 13:42

Another crock we could be signing 5 times he’s dislocated his shoulder in 4 years.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1723
Joined: 05 Jan 2021, 17:59
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by FIat Capper » 11 Jul 2022, 13:49

Mucky1978 wrote: 11 Jul 2022, 13:42 Another crock we could be signing 5 times he’s dislocated his shoulder in 4 years.
I wasn't overly enamored at the prospect of signing him but this has put it to bed for me.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 13130
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Jul 2022, 14:06

FIat Capper wrote: 11 Jul 2022, 13:49
Mucky1978 wrote: 11 Jul 2022, 13:42 Another crock we could be signing 5 times he’s dislocated his shoulder in 4 years.
I wasn't overly enamored at the prospect of signing him but this has put it to bed for me.
Me too if he's had that many dislocations he's going to need a reconstruction of his shoulder I would have thought
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

User avatar
jackknife
Verified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4412
Joined: 07 Jul 2011, 17:28
Location: york
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by jackknife » 11 Jul 2022, 14:44

tigerfeat wrote: 11 Jul 2022, 14:06
FIat Capper wrote: 11 Jul 2022, 13:49
Mucky1978 wrote: 11 Jul 2022, 13:42 Another crock we could be signing 5 times he’s dislocated his shoulder in 4 years.
I wasn't overly enamored at the prospect of signing him but this has put it to bed for me.
Me too if he's had that many dislocations he's going to need a reconstruction of his shoulder I would have thought

I think he will of already had one if not 2 reconstructions and possibly had it pinned at some point.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER


Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 276
Joined: 12 Apr 2022, 08:19
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by Cas Cohen » 12 Jul 2022, 13:21

Confirmed as signed, it's on R Live

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 276
Joined: 12 Apr 2022, 08:19
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by Cas Cohen » 12 Jul 2022, 13:23

Beat me @Mucky1978 ... not sure on the signing! Seems too injury prone

Also not sure they have put that article in the correct category /american-football ?

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1723
Joined: 05 Jan 2021, 17:59
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by FIat Capper » 12 Jul 2022, 13:32

I'll await info from a more reliable source...

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 20767
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by old cas lass » 12 Jul 2022, 13:38

If this is true I have absolutely no sympathy with the club.
He’ll be another spending more time in the stand, waste of money.

User avatar
jackknife
Verified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4412
Joined: 07 Jul 2011, 17:28
Location: york
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by jackknife » 12 Jul 2022, 13:59

old cas lass wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 13:38 If this is true I have absolutely no sympathy with the club.
He’ll be another spending more time in the stand, waste of money.
Why no sympathy? He was fit when the club signed his contract and we cant get out of a contract just because a player is injured.

Its only the same for hull fc signing Trueman who will probly miss the start of next season for them.

Its down to luck.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 20767
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by old cas lass » 12 Jul 2022, 14:25

jackknife wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 13:59
old cas lass wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 13:38 If this is true I have absolutely no sympathy with the club.
He’ll be another spending more time in the stand, waste of money.
Why no sympathy? He was fit when the club signed his contract and we cant get out of a contract just because a player is injured.

Its only the same for hull fc signing Trueman who will probly miss the start of next season for them.

Its down to luck.
4 dislocations down to luck. Ok
Obvious there’s a weak point there.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 13130
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Jul 2022, 16:15

If you sign someone who's never had trouble with there shoulder and they injury it after you've signed them that's bad luck if you sign someone who's had long lay offs with shoulder trouble before and they do there shoulder after you've agreed to sign them I'd call that something else...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

User avatar
jackknife
Verified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4412
Joined: 07 Jul 2011, 17:28
Location: york
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by jackknife » 12 Jul 2022, 19:46

So what you're saying is we should never sign anyone thats had a bad injury before? Good luck finding s squad full of those people.

Widdop has played 46 games since he joined Warrington the other year, that doesn't exactly point towards him been injured prone.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11613
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by Fumper27 » 12 Jul 2022, 20:22

tigerfeat wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 16:15 If you sign someone who's never had trouble with there shoulder and they injury it after you've signed them that's bad luck if you sign someone who's had long lay offs with shoulder trouble before and they do there shoulder after you've agreed to sign them I'd call that something else...
So, what about a player like Feki? He spent very little time out injured prior to joining us. Played 21 minutes for first team in nearly three years since

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 13130
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Jul 2022, 20:46

Fumper27 wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 20:22
tigerfeat wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 16:15 If you sign someone who's never had trouble with there shoulder and they injury it after you've signed them that's bad luck if you sign someone who's had long lay offs with shoulder trouble before and they do there shoulder after you've agreed to sign them I'd call that something else...
So, what about a player like Feki? He spent very little time out injured prior to joining us. Played 21 minutes for first team in nearly three years since
Feki had no history of missing games before he joined us like you say its just been bad luck whats happened to him Widdop could not get another injury your just taking a bit of a risk if you sign someone who's had problems with a shoulder
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

User avatar
westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Dec 2006, 13:23
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by westyorkylad » 13 Jul 2022, 12:23

tigerfeat wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 20:46
Fumper27 wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 20:22
tigerfeat wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 16:15 If you sign someone who's never had trouble with there shoulder and they injury it after you've signed them that's bad luck if you sign someone who's had long lay offs with shoulder trouble before and they do there shoulder after you've agreed to sign them I'd call that something else...
So, what about a player like Feki? He spent very little time out injured prior to joining us. Played 21 minutes for first team in nearly three years since
Feki had no history of missing games before he joined us like you say its just been bad luck whats happened to him Widdop could not get another injury your just taking a bit of a risk if you sign someone who's had problems with a shoulder
You could say a similar thing for Jake Webster though couldnt you, had zero luck with injury at KR, pretty much the same for us for the first 18 month, then went on to be one of the best Cas Players I have ever seen pull on the shirt, consistently brilliant week after week.

Fact is you just dont know, and injuries both long and short term are part of the sport.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1723
Joined: 05 Jan 2021, 17:59
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by FIat Capper » 13 Jul 2022, 12:34

It's should all be about risk analysis. Yes, you may rule out the likes of Jake Webster but the exception shouldn't prove the rule.

If a player has a history of injuries it is likely they'll have more.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1538
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 23:02
Location: WAKEFIELD
Contact:

Re: Widdop

Post by Sharlotiger » 13 Jul 2022, 13:21

I thought we had moved on as a club but here we go again bringing in players past their sell by date allowing them to top up their pensions.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests