[Match Discussion] Wigan At Home

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: [Match Discussion] Wigan At Home

Post by old cas lass » 01 Jun 2022, 15:17

tigerfeat wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 15:04 As long as .... Child's is not the referee we will be ok...
He is.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 01 Jun 2022, 15:54

old cas lass wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 15:17
tigerfeat wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 15:04 As long as .... Child's is not the referee we will be ok...
He is.
Well I feel Childs usually has a game of two halves, so to speak. favours one team in the first half and then evens it up in the second. We just need to make the most of our share...

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Jun 2022, 12:36

Squad.

Olpherts
Faraimo
Trueman
Richardson
Watts
Macca
Lawler
Edwards
Milner
Weatherman
Massey
Griffin
Fonua
Smith
Smith
Eden
Blair
Matagi
Hampshire
Martin
O’Brien
QQ

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 02 Jun 2022, 13:00

Hampshire
Eden
Fariamo
Fonua
Quare Quare
O Brien
Trueman
Watts
Mcshane
Massey
Edward's
Milner
Westerman

Lawler
Smith
Matagi
Griffin

For me

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 02 Jun 2022, 14:25

Id agree with that KB80 but i cant see Radford leaving Olpherts out n i think our best option at centre (dare i say it) would be Blair over Faraimo only as i cant remember ever seeing Faraimo play in the centres.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Jun 2022, 16:18

there are a lot of Olpherts haters out there i would give him a go at centre, Blair as looked shocking the few games he as played centre, can Faraimo pass ? he is also a tad slow , we all have our thoughts

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 02 Jun 2022, 17:18

For me QQ would be right wing and Eden on the left. Swap Lawler and Milner as Adz can be brought on to cover hooker or second row.
Without Turner and Mamo, we don’t really have anybody for the other centre, apart from Blair as I can’t remember Faraimo nor Olpherts ever playing there?

CHTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CHTiger » 02 Jun 2022, 17:47

gateman wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 16:18 there are a lot of Olpherts haters out there i would give him a go at centre, Blair as looked shocking the few games he as played centre, can Faraimo pass ? he is also a tad slow , we all have our thoughts
I wouldn’t, can’t even tackle on the wing never mind at centre. He needs dropping for his performance against Salford and Eden, QareQare and Farimo are better on the wings

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 02 Jun 2022, 17:58

I'd go with
Hampshire
Faraimo
OBrien
Fanoua
QQ
Trueman
Richardson
Watts
Milner
Massey
Lawler
Edwards
Westerman

Subs
McShane
Griffin
Blair
Smith.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 02 Jun 2022, 18:56

jackknife wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 14:25 Id agree with that KB80 but i cant see Radford leaving Olpherts out n i think our best option at centre (dare i say it) would be Blair over Faraimo only as i cant remember ever seeing Faraimo play in the centres.
Yeah I think Radford will go with Olpherts over Eden or QQ. I just cant have Blair think he's looked especially awful and uninterested of late. Radford has said it will be Blair or Fariamo but I'd prefer the later.

I'd like to see us go with a couple of powerful centres with pace outside them on Saturday. Looks like Wigan have had a few days on the lash so shouldn't be too hard to win the energy battle and create a bit of space.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Jun 2022, 22:01

CHTiger wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 17:47
gateman wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 16:18 there are a lot of Olpherts haters out there i would give him a go at centre, Blair as looked shocking the few games he as played centre, can Faraimo pass ? he is also a tad slow , we all have our thoughts
I wouldn’t, can’t even tackle on the wing never mind at centre. He needs dropping for his performance against Salford and Eden, QareQare and Farimo are better on the wings
mate as i said we all have our thoughts over to you Mr Radford

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 02 Jun 2022, 22:19

I saw Blair play a couple of times in the NRL and thought he'd be a great signing for us, I was wrong,when he played in the centre he was poor,lacked pace and the ability to beat a man but even then I thought he could potentially play in the second row or even at 13,wrong again sadly. I don't know whether his injuries have caught up with him or he's simply not the player I thought he was. On recent performances unless we're down to the bare bones I wouldn't have him in the 17 let alone as a starting centre.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Jun 2022, 07:22

Hepworth7 wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 22:19 I saw Blair play a couple of times in the NRL and thought he'd be a great signing for us, I was wrong,when he played in the centre he was poor,lacked pace and the ability to beat a man but even then I thought he could potentially play in the second row or even at 13,wrong again sadly. I don't know whether his injuries have caught up with him or he's simply not the player I thought he was. On recent performances unless we're down to the bare bones I wouldn't have him in the 17 let alone as a starting centre.
And from talking to someone who was at the reserve match we lost 100-0 well I won't use the words he used to describe him on that night
I wouldn't have him near the 17 either unless we only had 17 players available
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Jun 2022, 08:15

we must be paying Blair well for him to be over here and his family being in AUS this as been money poured down the drain let us hope if and when we dip into the overseas market we have LOADS more luck

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Jun 2022, 08:24

Cue Radford making a signing from the NRL but I think we're very weary of looking in that direction after Blair and Feki
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 03 Jun 2022, 13:49

Tbf to blair i always thought he was fairly safe in defence at centre but just didn't offer anything attacking wise.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 06 Jun 2022, 12:37

What an awful performance.

Hampshire went okay, Edward's was good, but apart from that....

I'm not usually a fan of bagging the winger for tries conceded down there side as its often due to what's happened inside him. But that wasnt the case on Saturday Olpherts was horrific, oblivious to his opponents position. Wigan didnt even have to create an overlap. Just moving the ball wide quickly was enough.

Our forwards were absolutely dominated 2nd half, no line speed and so passive in both defence and attack. Trueman was anonymous again.

I agree with Ampr to be honest weve had a lot of luck this season playing busted or understrengh team. Imo we are probably the 3rd worse team in the league (better than Toulouse and slightly better than Wakey).

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 06 Jun 2022, 12:39

FIat Capper wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 15:54
old cas lass wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 15:17
He is.
Well I feel Childs usually has a game of two halves, so to speak. favours one team in the first half and then evens it up in the second. We just need to make the most of our share...
Think I got this spot on. He was all Wigan and helped swing the momentum but then gave Cas quite a few penalties in the final 20mins to even things up.

By the way, I'm not blaming him. what has become apparent, and I think Radders has referenced something similar, is that when things don't go our way, the players react poorly. Heads go down, discipline worsens and we just dig a deeper hole to get out of.

The players need to realise that when things aren't going your way, you work harder, you dig deeper and you bend your [Cut out the swearing] back.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 06 Jun 2022, 12:40

Olpherts shouldn’t play again for me.

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas Cohen » 06 Jun 2022, 12:51

KB80 wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 12:37 What an awful performance.

Hampshire went okay, Edward's was good, but apart from that....

I'm not usually a fan of bagging the winger for tries conceded down there side as its often due to what's happened inside him. But that wasnt the case on Saturday Olpherts was horrific, oblivious to his opponents position. Wigan didnt even have to create an overlap. Just moving the ball wide quickly was enough.

Our forwards were absolutely dominated 2nd half, no line speed and so passive in both defence and attack. Trueman was anonymous again.

I agree with Ampr to be honest weve had a lot of luck this season playing busted or understrengh team. Imo we are probably the 3rd worse team in the league (better than Toulouse and slightly better than Wakey).
I think it's hard to judge us as the 3rd worst team in the league. It changes every week at the moment in SL. Wakey beat Hull yesterday, Warrington look out of it, but it can literally change from one week to the next. Warrington were excellent against Saints, then awful against Leeds, now people tipping Leeds as a good side after one good game. Toulouse could have easily won more matches too. The league hasn't really taken shape yet like it normally would. Saints, Wigan, Catalans probs the best sides, but they can have stinkers too. Look at Saints vs Toulouse, Catalans not the side they were last season, Wigan very beatable on their day.

It's a weird league this season and you'll probably find that a team who think they've had a bad season will get into the top 6 and get close to a Grand Final. We all know SL is just about playing well in the last month of the season. No reason that couldn't be us but it's more likely to be a team with players used to winning big games, which is why the same teams win it every season.

Radford needs a season under his belt, he still looks like he's managing a team of players he doesn't want. Look at DP at Wire, it generally takes time and we need to afford LR some leeway because it's not an overnight project.