[Match Discussion] Salford (A) 20/05/2022

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: [Match Discussion] Salford (A) 20/05/2022

Post by tigerfeat » 22 May 2022, 08:20

I'm not surprised he was fuming he's mentioned before think it was after the HKR cup tie the line speed isn't quick enough the kick chase isn't good enough there basics you expect every game not one game ok next game poor
We were not near the intensity Salford showed on Friday it made it look like they wanted it more
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 22 May 2022, 11:45

Well I must agree with most comments on here . No way we deserved to win that game . But I am surprised more didn't mention the ref . I watched the game in my local club with a mix of Fev Cas n Leeds fans. Which is a good laugh with all the banter . And its the first time the club was in uproar in support of Cas the ref was shocking Salford were offside more than they were on . On the Milner 10 minutes , am not surprised he complained it was a penalty all day long . Plus lots of 50 50 calls when to them . On the plus side it was nice to see all supporters in agreement rather than just me thinking the Ref is crap . The Refs have a hard job to see everything so why oh why is the video Ref not watching the game and correcting obvious mistakes , we could all see it in the club as clear as day FFS . ( we would still of lost like ) 😢

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 May 2022, 12:04

Sadly the modern day refs tend to guess a lot.
The speed of the game is far to fast for them.
Assistants dont seem to help.
If a video ref believes a ref as made/missed a crucial decision they should step in and have a whisper in the refs ear.

Aloysius Van Bradnik
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aloysius Van Bradnik » 22 May 2022, 12:17

old cas lass wrote: 22 May 2022, 12:04 Sadly the modern day refs tend to guess a lot.
The speed of the game is far to fast for them.
Assistants dont seem to help.
If a video ref believes a ref as made/missed a crucial decision they should step in and have a whisper in the refs ear.
There should be no video ref, no match comissioner (spy in the stands) and the ref should just get on with reffing the game like they used to, aided by proper flag waving linesmen of course.
But sky want the drama of a stop start game so i guess we are stuck with these guys being afraid of making a decision and being proven wrong in super slo mo and HD

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 May 2022, 12:18

This bloke Mr Moore puzzles me he started off looking a fair ref forget about Friday's match so it dosnt look like sour grapes the week before Catalans v Warrington his performance in the second half was bizarre he literally gave Catalans everything some of the penaltys he gave against Warrington nobody had a clue what they were for
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Drleftie65

Post by Drleftie65 » 22 May 2022, 13:11

To be fair he a couple of his dodgy decisions went our way.
One thing that struck me was after Edwards went down injured & play was stopped Sky never showed a replay of the incident. Now I am not in favour of players feigning injury in the hope that the video ref will look at it, but I can’t remember another game where Sky haven’t shown a replay or a different camera angle.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 May 2022, 14:02

a kid of 10 years old could do the linesmans job put the flag up for in touch and goal kicking they never see an offside or forward pass may be foul play on very rare occasions