Danny Richardson

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SpiritOf94
Academy Player
Academy Player

Danny Richardson

Post by SpiritOf94 » 17 May 2022, 22:13

Got to feel for the young man, a neck fracture that hasn’t heeled and he is trying to get back into the team. Lad has been smashed and permanently injured and not even a ban for the culprits. Physical and mental strength to come back, I wish him well. But maybe he should consider his long term health and hang up the boots and go reffing or coaching. Just want the best for the lad, obviously a courageous young man.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Danny Richardson

Post by daytona » 17 May 2022, 22:48

SpiritOf94 wrote: 17 May 2022, 22:13 Got to feel for the young man, a neck fracture that hasn’t heeled and he is trying to get back into the team. Lad has been smashed and permanently injured and not even a ban for the culprits. Physical and mental strength to come back, I wish him well. But maybe he should consider his long term health and hang up the boots and go reffing or coaching. Just want the best for the lad, obviously a courageous young man.
Someone might correct me but I think he did it Making a tackle and just got his head in the wrong place so no foul play was involved. I’m with you though in wishing him well but I also think your long term health should come before rugby. Fair play to the lad for wanting to carry on playing if that’s what he wants, but it probably doesn’t sound the best idea.

donnytiger1234
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by donnytiger1234 » 17 May 2022, 22:56

Surely he should retire with that news?

Aloysius Van Bradnik
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aloysius Van Bradnik » 18 May 2022, 07:26

The docs must have given him clearance to play and the club (i hope) wouldnt let the lad play on if the damage was bad enough to cause serious injury.
If he is ignoring medical advice then he is a silly boy

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 18 May 2022, 08:15

daytona wrote: 17 May 2022, 22:48
SpiritOf94 wrote: 17 May 2022, 22:13 Got to feel for the young man, a neck fracture that hasn’t heeled and he is trying to get back into the team. Lad has been smashed and permanently injured and not even a ban for the culprits. Physical and mental strength to come back, I wish him well. But maybe he should consider his long term health and hang up the boots and go reffing or coaching. Just want the best for the lad, obviously a courageous young man.
Someone might correct me but I think he did it Making a tackle and just got his head in the wrong place so no foul play was involved. I’m with you though in wishing him well but I also think your long term health should come before rugby. Fair play to the lad for wanting to carry on playing if that’s what he wants, but it probably doesn’t sound the best idea.
Half backs aren't protected enough it's that simple. The RFL want a 'safer game', yet they're still allowing kickers to be taken out once the ball has gone. Big forwards getting a free hit on smaller blokes, it's scandalous. Danny has been a victim of this for the last few year, granted this injury didn't come from one, but he's been injured plenty enough from it.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 18 May 2022, 09:57

Spot on Heritage 👌