Trueman

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Trueman

Post by old cas lass » 11 May 2022, 13:50

Just listened to radfords interview with JD, reading between the lines it sounds like trueman is off.
Also sounds like we are making 5/6 new signings.
Though he did change his tune after he said that. Could be less could be more.
Sounds like Hampshire is ready to go, plus Greg Eden.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 11 May 2022, 14:10

old cas lass wrote: 11 May 2022, 13:50 Just listened to radfords interview with JD, reading between the lines it sounds like trueman is off.
lets hope we manage to stay in super league first.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 May 2022, 14:38

yorky wrote: 11 May 2022, 14:10
old cas lass wrote: 11 May 2022, 13:50 Just listened to radfords interview with JD, reading between the lines it sounds like trueman is off.
lets hope we manage to stay in super league first.
We’ll there is that.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 May 2022, 15:28

old cas lass wrote: 11 May 2022, 11:20
tigerfeat wrote: 11 May 2022, 08:05
Aloysius Van Bradnik wrote: 11 May 2022, 07:26 I just wonder what people expected from Jake after that back injury, its going to take a while to get up to speed especially mentally.
If we lose him to FC then in my opinion we have let a good un slip through our fingers and good uns are hard to find

good luck Jake lad wherever you end up playing
I agree mate it's like people who were constantly criticising him were just ignoring the problems he's had with his back
Well apparently he’s over his back problems now. So why is he still hit and miss still.
Maybe he lost a bit of confidence I don't know what worries me if he goes who we get to replace him we have a recent history of not replacing good players with players of equal or better ability when they leave
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 11 May 2022, 17:19

Halves wise there is very little of substance available in this country that is off contact. Looking at the list this is your lot and some of these are overseas players, some pretty long in the tooth and some could be classed more as utility players...

Tyrone May, Jack Cogger, Josh Reynolds, Luke Gale, Blake Austin, Corey Norman, Jacob Miller, Stefan Ratchford, Riley Dean, Gareth Widdop, Thomas Leuluai.

That i think is your lot, other than Danny Richardson & Ryan Hampshire from us. Pretty slim pickings and some i would expect to be unavailable for various reasons.

As for the NRL a lot won't qualify for a permit due to lack of games etc, some won't relocate due to family reason (Sam Williams stated this when Toulouse & Wakey wanted him for example) and some are nailed on re-signings or will sign for other clubs in Australia. Anyway the list is....

Matt Frawley, Ben Hampton, Lachlan Lam, Matt Moylan, Hayze Perham, Jaeman Salmon, Simi Sasagi, Billy Walters, Phoenix Crossland, Kurt Falls, Chanel Harris-Tavita, Cooper Johns, Albert Kelly, Jock Madden, Anthony Milford, Sean O'Sullivan, Brandon Wakeham, Sam Williams.

It's not a good time to be looking for two halfbacks.....

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 11 May 2022, 17:27

Go where or do you mean play?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 May 2022, 18:30

FIat Capper wrote: 11 May 2022, 17:27
Go where or do you mean play?
To play.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 May 2022, 18:56

tigerfeat wrote: 11 May 2022, 15:28
Aloysius Van Bradnik wrote: 11 May 2022, 07:26 I just wonder what people expected from Jake after that back injury, its going to take a while to get up to speed especially mentally.
If we lose him to FC then in my opinion we have let a good un slip through our fingers and good uns are hard to find

I agree mate it's like people who were constantly criticising him were just ignoring the problems he's had with his back
Well apparently he’s over his back problems now. So why is he still hit and miss still.
Maybe he lost a bit of confidence I don't know what worries me if he goes who we get to replace him we have a recent history of not replacing good players with players of equal or better ability when they leave
The issue is that people have been making excuses for him for a long time.
Gale is too dominant (even though they didn't play together very often).
He's got no stable half-back partner.
He's young.
He's playing behind a poor forward pack.
He's got a bad back.
He's lacking confidence.
You can only make excuses for so long. I'm starting to think he just isn't that good. Maybe he's one of those players who looks world-class in training, but just never quite looks the same when it comes to the crunch on game-day?

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 11 May 2022, 19:51

nottinghamtiger wrote: 11 May 2022, 18:56

He's young.
He's got a bad back.
He's lacking confidence.
You can only make excuses for so long. I'm starting to think he just isn't that good. Maybe he's one of those players who looks world-class in training, but just never quite looks the same when it comes to the crunch on game-day?
Probably reads this forum and thinks "why should I bother"

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 May 2022, 20:36

Whomever said it's not time to be recruiting halves is so correct.

I can see Milford or Kelly coming. Or both
Audacter Et Sincere

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 May 2022, 21:08

noxandrattles wrote: 11 May 2022, 19:51
He's young.
He's got a bad back.
He's lacking confidence.
Unlikely, but to be honest if reasonable criticism of his performances affects him then perhaps professional sport isn’t the job for him.
Similarly, if he doesn’t want criticism then he’s signing for the wrong club, if rumours are true that he is heading to Hull FC.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 May 2022, 21:09

Mysterio wrote: 11 May 2022, 20:36 Whomever said it's not time to be recruiting halves is so correct.

I can see Milford or Kelly coming. Or both
If we sign Milford I’ll be ecstatic. His game is made for SL.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 May 2022, 21:33

nottinghamtiger wrote: 11 May 2022, 21:08
noxandrattles wrote: 11 May 2022, 19:51

He's young.
He's got a bad back.
He's lacking confidence.
Unlikely, but to be honest if reasonable criticism of his performances affects him then perhaps professional sport isn’t the job for him.
Similarly, if he doesn’t want criticism then he’s signing for the wrong club, if rumours are true that he is heading to Hull FC.
Trust me he won't give a hoot what people on a forum say about him he's been on a overseas tour he's just been picked for England Knights he's had well respected people in the game singing his praises Powelly constantly said he was a special talent why would he care what a handful of people on Casforum think of him ?
Vince Lombardi

Aloysius Van Bradnik
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aloysius Van Bradnik » 12 May 2022, 08:27

New regime. lets wait and see what Radders can do when the squad is his and his alone

Aloysius Van Bradnik
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aloysius Van Bradnik » 12 May 2022, 08:31

tigerfeat wrote: 11 May 2022, 21:33
Trust me he won't give a hoot what people on a forum say about him he's been on a overseas tour he's just been picked for England Knights he's had well respected people in the game singing his praises Powelly constantly said he was a special talent why would he care what a handful of people on Casforum think of him ?
Because the people on this forum know a lot more than club and national coaches ................ Doh!!!!!

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 15 May 2022, 19:14

A couple of Wakey fans I hear saying Jacob Miller is signed and sealed for next season to Cas.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 15 May 2022, 19:29

Dennis Vazquez wrote: 15 May 2022, 19:14 A couple of Wakey fans I hear saying Jacob Miller is signed and sealed for next season to Cas.
Heard Blair say same to someone at game today.
Also said he’s off back home as he’s not been offered a new contract.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 May 2022, 08:30

Mucky1978 wrote: 15 May 2022, 19:29
Dennis Vazquez wrote: 15 May 2022, 19:14 A couple of Wakey fans I hear saying Jacob Miller is signed and sealed for next season to Cas.
There's nearly £250k in cap just between him and Feki. That's some well needed funds to improve in areas we need.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 May 2022, 08:48

heritage1926 wrote: 16 May 2022, 08:30
There's nearly £250k in cap just between him and Feki. That's some well needed funds to improve in areas we need.
How do you know that's what players are on
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 May 2022, 09:20

tigerfeat wrote: 16 May 2022, 08:48
heritage1926 wrote: 16 May 2022, 08:30
How do you know that's what players are on
Players talk, loosely at times. I was with a Wakey player the other day and he was saying how some of the better players aren't paid all that well, but make it up in bonuses.