Ian Watson

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Ian Watson

Post by Cas Cohen » 07 May 2022, 17:24

Reached GF and CC final with Salford. Now on verge of CC final with Hudds. Just my opinion, but he is a superb coach.

The important thing to take note of though is that it didn't happen straight away for him at either club. He needed time to implement his methods and build the team he wanted - give LR time at Cas, this time next year we could be in a much better position.

Horsifer

Re: Ian Watson

Post by Horsifer » 08 May 2022, 08:50

A fair point. Radders needs at least this season for himself to adjust to being at Cas, and for the players and staff to adjust to his methods and practices.
Hold firm, have faith. #COYF

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 08 May 2022, 13:05

Big difference is Watson as had the backing of Davy to bring in the players he wants and managed to dump on Cas a few he didn't.
Will Radford get that same level of support at Cas, be interesting to see how Radders goes about overalling the squad for next season as his recruiment for last, when he had months and months to prepare, wasn't great.

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas Cohen » 09 May 2022, 10:26

Sharlotiger wrote: 08 May 2022, 13:05 Big difference is Watson as had the backing of Davy to bring in the players he wants and managed to dump on Cas a few he didn't.
Will Radford get that same level of support at Cas, be interesting to see how Radders goes about overalling the squad for next season as his recruiment for last, when he had months and months to prepare, wasn't great.
Fair point. Watson has hardly signed world beaters though. He's actually done similar to LR and got a few from his old club who've been to finals before. I don't think Watson exactly had the pick of SL.

tykeneil
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tykeneil » 25 Aug 2022, 10:30

The guy likes to have a moan at times.

Accepted the Hill/Myler incident was disgraceful (on play acting) but did be see Levi stop down rolling about. Also claims incident on Fages should have been a red card as "direct contact" with head. Err just like Hewitt on Richardson last week?

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 25 Aug 2022, 11:06

What Myler did last night was not acceptable in RL and cost Huddersfield the game, and I think it's that what really pi**ed Watson off last night, especially straight after the game finished. Your rate about Richardson, he's not been getting any protection at all through the season..

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 25 Aug 2022, 11:18

What did Myler do?

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 25 Aug 2022, 11:24

Threw his legs blatantly in the air and got Chris Hill 10mins. It was embarrassing to see, and imo cost Huddersfield the game. It's probably on YouTube now. Phil Clarke said after the game that he didn't want to be involved with RL if that's the way it's going.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 25 Aug 2022, 11:51

Thanks . I’ll have a look. I’d just assumed that it was Hill being a thug again

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 25 Aug 2022, 11:58

Myler should be hauled up before the MRB and charged with bringing the game into disrepute. He should be punished with a hefty ban and fine.

The on-field officials and video ref also should be punished for such a naive, amateurish performance, being duped by such blatant cheating

I truly believe that the game is losing all credibility and muppets like Jon Wilkin who believes that cheating is ‘genius’ should be sacked for his comments.

If this carries on, I for one will walk away from the game after 64 years of support.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Aug 2022, 12:12

It’s about time the video ref is brought in to look at such incidents.
How the ref and 2 linesmen missed that beggars belief.
You can see myler dig his boots into the ground especially his left foot to get leverage. Speechless.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Aug 2022, 12:31

Typical Wilkin says anything for effect...I agree what's the video ref doing not telling the ref what's happened it's easy for the ref on the field to miss what happened
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 27 Aug 2022, 10:40

Unbelievable . Myler no charge . The disciplinary panel have said he throws his legs in the air so as to release the grip of his opponent .. If a Cas player had done that I would have been disgusted , rugby league is no place of cheats !

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 27 Aug 2022, 11:48

baldtiger wrote: 27 Aug 2022, 10:40 Unbelievable . Myler no charge . The disciplinary panel have said he throws his legs in the air so as to release the grip of his opponent .. If a Cas player had done that I would have been disgusted , rugby league is no place of cheats !
That, to me, confirmed that the referee got it wrong. Will there be consequences for this error?

Myler threw his legs in the air, there Chris Hill didn’t commit a dangerous throw, Leeds don’t get a penalty, Hill didn’t get sin binned, Huddersfield hold on and win the game