Championship spending

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
stevieblunder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Championship spending

Post by stevieblunder » 19 Apr 2022, 22:34

I realise Fev are attracting crowds of over 20,000 for every home game, but can anyone explain how they keep signing quality players on high wages.???

I'm confused.com.
I remember Peter Small

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Championship spending

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 19 Apr 2022, 23:05

20k ??

tykeneil
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tykeneil » 20 Apr 2022, 10:24

Leigh expected to make 2 new signings soon. These 2 clubs going to hammer it out but likely (from reports) need to off load some players too.
Perhaps the big benefactors will be "lower" placed clubs with a few bargain or loan moves (already seen Chisholm had few games at London)

Whist on London - only 1 pt is it from opening 8 matches and Leigh up next. They could get relegated very easily

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 20 Apr 2022, 11:28

I asked one of my Rovers sources the question of Cap t'other day and the response was, same as SL.

Now I can accept that but surely it has to be based on revenue and whilst Leigh may have Beaumont to fill the void, Campbell at Fev has to be a little more astute. He certainly maximises revenue from every aspect of the ground, that's for sure.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 21 Apr 2022, 10:33

The team that doesn't go up this year could be in financial trouble next year if they are putting all the hopes in promotion.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Anglo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Anglo » 27 Apr 2022, 13:03

1,700 season tickets sold (and they weren't cheap), £250k corporate sponsorship, widespread use of clubhouse for external corporate events as well as themed evenings, successful Squad Builder scheme, rent of pitch to Wakefield AFC, plus lots of other income streams associated with owning the ground.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 27 Apr 2022, 15:34

Anglo wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 13:03 1,700 season tickets sold (and they weren't cheap), £250k corporate sponsorship, widespread use of clubhouse for external corporate events as well as themed evenings, successful Squad Builder scheme, rent of pitch to Wakefield AFC, plus lots of other income streams associated with owning the ground.
Yes Anglo on the face of it Fev are definitely maximising income off the field and that should be applauded. I also like the way Cambell is clearly going after promotion big time. The one caveat I would add though is I don’t think your crowds are big enough to make the club self sufficient. I’ve seen two impassioned pleas now from both Martin Vickers and Brian McDermott trying to get more fans through the turnstiles. When we were in the championship we were averaging upwards of 4000 probably nearer 5000 every week. That’s probably where you need to be with the squad you have. I hope the people of Featherstone can really start getting the turnstiles clicking and get your club the place in super league that you deserve. I’ve still got mates that were home and away fev fans in the eighties that haven’t been to a game since the advent of super league and you were denied entry. That was clearly wrong at the time but you have a real opportunity now, and it would be a shame if the bitter feelings from years ago by your fan base will stop you getting a good sustainable crack at the big League. All the best for rest of season and hopefully we’ll see you next year for some derbies.

Anglo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Anglo » 28 Apr 2022, 08:19

Thank you.
Everything I've heard is that the sustainability isn't really about crowd numbers but more related to sponsorship and the income streams associated with the ground. I think the club are just keen to exploit every possible source of income to the maximum which is why they are still searching for higher crowds, the attendances are actually massively up at the moment (we were struggling to get 2,000 for some home games a couple of years ago but there is talk of nearly 5,000 expected for Widnes this weekend which would be remarkable).

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 28 Apr 2022, 10:44

Anglo wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 08:19 Thank you.
Everything I've heard is that the sustainability isn't really about crowd numbers but more related to sponsorship and the income streams associated with the ground. I think the club are just keen to exploit every possible source of income to the maximum which is why they are still searching for higher crowds, the attendances are actually massively up at the moment (we were struggling to get 2,000 for some home games a couple of years ago but there is talk of nearly 5,000 expected for Widnes this weekend which would be remarkable).
Oh great! I'll have to get to the cricket field nice and early on Sunday.

As I eluded to earlier, I see the efforts being made to maximise the ground and it is something other clubs should look to. I find the Wakefield FC situation most interesting. As their name suggests, they are/were a Wakefield club and did play at Belle View for a number of years but the way Rovers have accommodated them clearly shows Trinity cut their nose off to spite their face. :evil:

As a groundsman myself, I do wonder what toll is taken on the pitch, especially as there are many junior and amateur finals played there as well. He does a fantastic job to say the least.

Anglo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Anglo » 28 Apr 2022, 18:10

FIat Capper wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 10:44

As a groundsman myself, I do wonder what toll is taken on the pitch, especially as there are many junior and amateur finals played there as well. He does a fantastic job to say the least.
The opening home game against Leigh was played on a bit of a bog after heavy rain all day (which Leigh fans have used relentlessly as an excuse ever since) but once the weather dried up it's been fine. It's only the first couple of hoem games each year which tend to be affected and that can happen at any ground in February.

Anglo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Anglo » 29 Apr 2022, 14:13

Tyla Hepi rumoured to be heading to Fev btw

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 May 2022, 16:40

70 points on board and counting today against Widnes...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi