Zak Hardaker

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
gillforsuccess

Zak Hardaker

Post by gillforsuccess » 19 Apr 2022, 08:23

Wigan fans on Facebook are under the impression he is on his way out at Wigan and on his way to us.......

Is not a rugby league season without a Zak Hardaker rumour.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Zak Hardaker

Post by Swagger » 19 Apr 2022, 09:18

I would take him to play centre but very much doubt there is any truth.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 19 Apr 2022, 09:18

Rumour ‘a currently circulating story of uncertain or doubtful truth’
I suppose that inventing stuff and posting it on a Forum just about amounts to circulating.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Apr 2022, 09:28

He will defiantly leave Wigan I'd say Featherstone would be hot favourites to sign him if they get promoted
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 19 Apr 2022, 09:33

McDermott would not want Hardaker

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Apr 2022, 09:44

I forgot about him being there not many more options then
Vince Lombardi

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 19 Apr 2022, 10:52

I would take him in the centres for us any day. Short term deal on our terms. I care about us winning and he would help that on many levels. He is a loose cannon yes and will always have that self destructive conduct off the field I imagine. But if you can get a season or two out of him, he is still a top level player in SL and we have no centres.
Absolutely his recklessness in his personal life were the big factor in damaging our Grand Final, but he is no Denny Solomona. He didn't intentionally sabotage us.
And to anyone who tries to throw the whole illegal drug taker argument in, then that is a naive point as there are plenty in SL who should not have a second chance following that argument. A couple at least in our current team. Recreational drugs in RL is not a Zak Hardaker issue alone. It is much wider.

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas Cohen » 19 Apr 2022, 12:47

Time is a healer for sure and you can't hold grudges in life, but what happened in 2017 still bugs me to this day. He got too proud when things were good and if he could have just stayed out of trouble for a few months, we would have won that Grand Final and he could have become a legend of this club.

If we are talking this season and his playing ability and experience alone then he would be brilliant for the current squad and he would find a place in the centre I imagine, providing a much-needed spark in attack and reliability in defence.

However, too much hurt and risk comes with the name Zak Hardaker, so it's a no from me.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 19 Apr 2022, 13:09

I just think he has a natural lifespan at any club and, sadly, it's a short one. He starts of on the right notes, says the right things, does the right things, and then, inevitably, his mind goes astray.

If he hasn't learned by now, he never will.

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas Cohen » 19 Apr 2022, 13:31

FIat Capper wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 13:09 I just think he has a natural lifespan at any club and, sadly, it's a short one. He starts of on the right notes, says the right things, does the right things, and then, inevitably, his mind goes astray.

If he hasn't learned by now, he never will.
I actually thought he had settled at Wigan, being away from all his mates and starting a family. It's just a massive shame that all that talent is overshadowed by his want for the party boy life. He's had more second chances than most, but it's just never enough.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 19 Apr 2022, 14:14

when Wigan were getting hammered by St's on good Friday & Hardaker was sat in the stand watching & fully fit i just thought now Wigan fans know what we felt like in 2017. well done again zak

GeorgeMcfly

Post by GeorgeMcfly » 19 Apr 2022, 15:41

gillforsuccess wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 08:23 Wigan fans on Facebook are under the impression he is on his way out at Wigan and on his way to us.......

Is not a rugby league season without a Zak Hardaker rumour.
Your posts are like a toilet, keep flushing and flushing

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 19 Apr 2022, 19:42

Any club that goes near him is crazy. He has not, & will not change his ways.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 19 Apr 2022, 20:04

Cas Cohen wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 12:47 Time is a healer for sure and you can't hold grudges in life, but what happened in 2017 still bugs me to this day. He got too proud when things were good and if he could have just stayed out of trouble for a few months, we would have won that Grand Final and he could have become a legend of this club.

If we are talking this season and his playing ability and experience alone then he would be brilliant for the current squad and he would find a place in the centre I imagine, providing a much-needed spark in attack and reliability in defence.

However, too much hurt and risk comes with the name Zak Hardaker, so it's a no from me.
I doubt the rumour has any validity but….

Fully agree CC.

For me, Old Trafford 2017 is a wound that will always leave a nasty scar. I firmly believe that the fall out from his low intelligence and selfish actions cost us a unique place in RL history. He ruined everything created in that remarkable season including the goodwill and affection from other clubs in this and other countries.

Drugs damage lives. He’s had all his chances. He had the support and rehab. I have no sympathy if the above haunts him for years to come.

stevieblunder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevieblunder » 19 Apr 2022, 22:26

Well said.
I remember Peter Small

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 20 Apr 2022, 10:03

Leigh to announce two top signings this week, could hardaker be one?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 20 Apr 2022, 11:34

SuffolkTiger wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 20:04
Cas Cohen wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 12:47 Time is a healer for sure and you can't hold grudges in life, but what happened in 2017 still bugs me to this day. He got too proud when things were good and if he could have just stayed out of trouble for a few months, we would have won that Grand Final and he could have become a legend of this club.

Fully agree CC.

For me, Old Trafford 2017 is a wound that will always leave a nasty scar. I firmly believe that the fall out from his low intelligence and selfish actions cost us a unique place in RL history. He ruined everything created in that remarkable season including the goodwill and affection from other clubs in this and other countries.

Drugs damage lives. He’s had all his chances. He had the support and rehab. I have no sympathy if the above haunts him for years to come.
So would you have rather never had him play for Cas and therefore, quite possibly never have got to Old Trafford in the first place?

He may have let us down but he didn't play on the day and those that did seem to melt in the heat of battle. I find it hard to blame ZH for that part.

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas Cohen » 20 Apr 2022, 12:29

Hardaker back to Leeds is gathering a bit of pace too. They currently have no first-team fullback, centres or halves due to injury. I think they may try loan him, perhaps depending on who their new coach is.

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas Cohen » 20 Apr 2022, 12:37

https://twitter.com/leedsrhinos/status/ ... 5555563522

Leeds say they are trying to sign someone on loan... ZH?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Apr 2022, 12:49

FIat Capper wrote: 20 Apr 2022, 11:34
SuffolkTiger wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 20:04

Fully agree CC.

So would you have rather never had him play for Cas and therefore, quite possibly never have got to Old Trafford in the first place?

He may have let us down but he didn't play on the day and those that did seem to melt in the heat of battle. I find it hard to blame ZH for that part.
Melt in the heat of battle that's a nice way of putting it FC big time bottle job is another ...your right you can blame ZH for a lot but we had the team out to win that match
Vince Lombardi