Trueman

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Trueman

Post by MrRugby123 » 28 Feb 2022, 18:44

I’ll drive him!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 28 Feb 2022, 18:45

MrRugby123 wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 18:44 I’ll drive him!
Bring Gale back with you

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 28 Feb 2022, 21:57

old cas lass wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 11:04 Just seen a post on twitter that trueman as signed for hull fc next season.
Anyone heard, seen owt.
Could rubbish, hope it’s not.
He can go now for me, in fact does he need a lift?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 01 Mar 2022, 08:40

Well it would explain a lot. Why risk getting smashed when you've already got an out lined up. He could have worn a dinner jacket in the last 3 games. I have the feeling the players don't wanna play for radford. They don't like the game plan, or his team choices or they just don't like him. Whatever is wrong it needs sorting sooner rather than later. I said on a previous post I was gonna take my Mrs to her first game on Sunday but with travel and tickets about 60 quid will be spent more wisely

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 01 Mar 2022, 09:13

Totally agree, the players don’t look happy probably because they don’t like the game plan that Radford uses or because of his attitude - or both!!!
He has a track record of upsetting payers and senior players like Macca and Watts are showing it by their performances.
Back on topic, I bet Trueman can’t wait to get away. After a serious back injury he comes backs into our Dads Army of a team, with Radfords unfit mates from Hull getting picked and no proper game plan.
Why would he risk injury? Why would he want to stay?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Mar 2022, 09:54

I remember people saying players weren't playing for Powell at various points they maybe not fit carrying injuries out of confidence it's a big call to say there not trying they get paid good wages they should be giving it there all every time they pull on cas jumper
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 01 Mar 2022, 10:07

tigerfeat wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 09:54 I remember people saying players weren't playing for Powell at various points they maybe not fit carrying injuries out of confidence it's a big call to say there not trying they get paid good wages they should be giving it there all every time they pull on cas jumper
Absolutely and I’m not convinced Radford hasn’t got a game plan. It’s up to the forwards to make the yards and set the platform for the half backs to set up plays. It’s also everyone’s jobs to put their backs into tackling. That’s pretty basic stuff.
There have been flashes of this happening, just not very well. Radford did win two more major finals at Hull than Powell has managed in the whole of his coaching career so it can’t all be down to him. We’re all paying the players with our hard earned. It’s up to them to earn it on the field and not use the coach as an excuse.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 01 Mar 2022, 11:12

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 10:07
tigerfeat wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 09:54 I remember people saying players weren't playing for Powell at various points they maybe not fit carrying injuries out of confidence it's a big call to say there not trying they get paid good wages they should be giving it there all every time they pull on cas jumper
Absolutely and I’m not convinced Radford hasn’t got a game plan. It’s up to the forwards to make the yards and set the platform for the half backs to set up plays. It’s also everyone’s jobs to put their backs into tackling. That’s pretty basic stuff.
There have been flashes of this happening, just not very well. Radford did win two more major finals at Hull than Powell has managed in the whole of his coaching career so it can’t all be down to him. We’re all paying the players with our hard earned. It’s up to them to earn it on the field and not use the coach as an excuse.
Do you remember when Millward had us playing very similarly with players looking very unhappy?
Well this looks like a carbon copy to me.

When he went and Danny Orr took over for a short while, the change was obvious to a blind man. Suddenly players looked as though they wanted to play and things got even better when DP arrived.
The rest is history.

I’m not saying that Radford hasn’t got some sort of game plan, but whatever he’s telling the players to do is obviously not working!

Has he lost the dressing room already? It looks like it to me……..

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 01 Mar 2022, 11:38

orrsome wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 11:12
Do you remember when Millward had us playing very similarly with players looking very unhappy?

When he went and Danny Orr took over for a short while, the change was obvious to a blind man. Suddenly players looked as though they wanted to play and things got even better when DP arrived.
The rest is history.

I’m not saying that Radford hasn’t got some sort of game plan, but whatever he’s telling the players to do is obviously not working!

It could very well be the case, unfortunately.

From the outside looking in, DP seems to have embedded his ethos deeply into the squad over 7 or 8 years.

There was bound to be a change in the chemistry after such a relatively long period under one coach.

It happens in many other walks of life & can very unsettling. Rugby is no different. Factor in 3 losses and it’s probably not a happy camp.

Big game on Sunday…..

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 02 Mar 2022, 09:17

old cas lass wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 11:04 Just seen a post on twitter that trueman as signed for hull fc next season.
Anyone heard, seen owt.
Was told weeks ago, but, kept it to myself till it came out.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 02 Mar 2022, 09:50

old cas lass wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 11:46
SuffolkTiger wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 11:42
Anyone heard, seen owt.
Morning OCL,

Someone putting rubbish on Twitter? Surely not….!
Gorra take owt you see on social media with a pinch of salt.
Some is genuine some a load of bull.
Down to us sensible people work out which is which.
Am sure you are sensible Suffolk.
I try my best OCL - even in these crazy times.

You take care.

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 02 Mar 2022, 11:40

SuffolkTiger wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 11:38
orrsome wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 11:12

The rest is history.

It could very well be the case, unfortunately.

From the outside looking in, DP seems to have embedded his ethos deeply into the squad over 7 or 8 years.

There was bound to be a change in the chemistry after such a relatively long period under one coach.

It happens in many other walks of life & can very unsettling. Rugby is no different. Factor in 3 losses and it’s probably not a happy camp.

Big game on Sunday…..
Absolutely. 5 stages of team development Forming, Storming, Norming, performing, mourning . Unfortunately we've started with the last stage first. And like any team performance each stage has to take place and can take time.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 02 Mar 2022, 14:09

Hopefully hull will take him Sunday.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 02 Mar 2022, 15:42

He'd have been at Warrington had it not been for serious back surgery. Blake Austin is wanted at Redcliffe Dolphins next season, Leeds might try and make a play for him on the cheap.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 02 Mar 2022, 18:37

Radfords game plan is to get forward to build a platform which in my opinion they're doing a decent enough job but theres just nothing coming off the back of it, nothing is really being created by the halfs and the little bits that are being created is predictable n the timing of the runs is way out. Almost as if it hasn't been practised enough.

You can either blame the halfs for not timing the pass or the backs for not timing their runs or a little but of both.

On top of that our defence looks all over the place, players shooting out or bad misreads.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 07 Mar 2022, 13:47

Heard at weekend that Truey to Hull was a done deal, they have stumped up 170k and he will be playing for them from the start of next season.

Not big on posting rumours (although I enjoy reading them) so only time will tell is this is correct or not..............

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Mar 2022, 14:00

Why have they paid £170,000 for next season when he can leave us for free at the end of this season?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 07 Mar 2022, 14:02

westyorkylad wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 13:47 Heard at weekend that Truey to Hull was a done deal, they have stumped up 170k and he will be playing for them from the start of next season.

Not big on posting rumours (although I enjoy reading them) so only time will tell is this is correct or not..............
Thought his contract ran out end of this season.
No need for anyone to pay a fee.
He’s a free agent.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 07 Mar 2022, 16:38

😂 😂 😂 😂
That ended that
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 07 Mar 2022, 17:51

old cas lass wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 14:02
westyorkylad wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 13:47 Heard at weekend that Truey to Hull was a done deal, they have stumped up 170k and he will be playing for them from the start of next season.

Thought his contract ran out end of this season.
No need for anyone to pay a fee.
He’s a free agent.
Think the point was that they agreed a fee with Cas so they could talk to him now and get the contract over the line before he became a free agent, Hull get their man and Cas get a fee.

As I say its only what I have been told, we will have to wait and see.....................