Trueman

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
heppy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Trueman

Post by heppy » 02 Mar 2022, 13:44

This will divide people.What do you think about Trueman at centre?He can tackle well,he can pass,he has a step of sorts and he’s big enough.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Trueman

Post by SuffolkTiger » 02 Mar 2022, 14:32

heppy wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 13:44 This will divide people.What do you think about Trueman at centre?He can tackle well,he can pass,he has a step of sorts and he’s big enough.
Lacks the pace required for mine.

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 02 Mar 2022, 14:44

I've never rated this bloke. Totally over hyped imo. I know we need the pack to dominate to give the backs a chance but in the last 2 games the pack have more than held there own in the first half yet we've still never shown much in attack. And his kicking game is virtually none existent. I can't understand why we persist with him so much. I don't know who plays in the academy but I'm damn sure he can't be any worse

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 02 Mar 2022, 15:07

Lost chance to make cash out off him nobody will want him on a free transfer now cant blame radders for this was one off powells failed projects

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Mar 2022, 16:21

He’ll run his contract down.
No one will want him after major back surgery and a 3/4 year loss of form.
Just hope radford (if he’s still at the club) is looking seriously for a half back for 2023.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Mar 2022, 16:56

When he first got into the team his short kicking game for a lad that age was as good as you could see his defence again for a lad that age was top notch made a lot of people think including myself we had a special player on our hands
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 02 Mar 2022, 17:03

tigerfeat wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 16:56 When he first got into the team his short kicking game for a lad that age was as good as you could see his defence again for a lad that age was top notch made a lot of people think including myself we had a special player on our hands
I think we still have.

Whether he can recover from a serious back operation after playing only 7 games last season remains to be seen.

The constant bagging of him by some Cas supporters after only 3 games after whats he’s gone through over the last 12 months is nothing short of embarrassing - as it would be with any player in the same scenario.

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 02 Mar 2022, 17:07

I think he will improve , its got to be hard coming back after major back surgery . He will be feeling his way in bit by bit time will tell I recon in another three or four games . I will hold my hand up for been wrong if not .
The main thing that bothers am seeing very little set plays , were getting to attacking position's ok , then we look totally lost all teams have set plays that they practice and get down to a fine art . You cant expect your halfbacks to create a try out of nothing very often . God only knows what there practicing all week don't seem to be set plays or fitness 😢😢

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Mar 2022, 17:10

SuffolkTiger wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 17:03
tigerfeat wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 16:56 When he first got into the team his short kicking game for a lad that age was as good as you could see his defence again for a lad that age was top notch made a lot of people think including myself we had a special player on our hands
I think we still have.

Whether he can recover from a serious back operation after playing only 7 games last season remains to be seen.

The constant bagging of him by some Cas supporters after only 3 games after whats he’s gone through over the last 12 months is nothing short of embarrassing - as it would be with any player in the same scenario.
Yes I hope he recovers his form after his back problems and proves what a lot of people thought when they first saw him play in the reserves seems a long time ago that but he's still young enough is kid
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 02 Mar 2022, 17:24

baldtiger wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 17:07
The main thing that bothers am seeing very little set plays , were getting to attacking position's ok , then we look totally lost all teams have set plays that they practice and get down to a fine art . You cant expect your halfbacks to create a try out of nothing very often . God only knows what there practicing all week don't seem to be set plays or fitness 😢😢
TOTALLY ACCURATE. what's going on!?
Audacter Et Sincere

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Mar 2022, 17:46

tigerfeat wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 17:10
I think we still have.

Yes I hope he recovers his form after his back problems and proves what a lot of people thought when they first saw him play in the reserves seems a long time ago that but he's still young enough is kid
when he played along side Mc,Lelland they played well together in the 19S lets hope the same happens again ,

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 02 Mar 2022, 18:08

He's clearly lost form or confidence
My concerns are
He's not very authoritative and lacks that "mid field" general approach. Doesn't Boss the engine room around directing attack.
Lets hope his current Form is temporary

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 02 Mar 2022, 18:18

I think we still have.

If had being playing well year before is opp i would agree with you but as being no form longer then that . Probley not had more then a handfull off good games for us .Intresting how you find other people opinion embarrising when so far they are correct think you be egg on face pal .

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 02 Mar 2022, 18:41

baldtiger wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 17:07 I think he will improve , its got to be hard coming back after major back surgery . He will be feeling his way in bit by bit time will tell I recon in another three or four games . I will hold my hand up for been wrong if not .
Iv basically said the same on another thread, the forwards are layin the platform but nothing is coming from it, i can see Cas giving Trueman another 2 year deal after he realises no one else wants him.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 02 Mar 2022, 18:42

An opinion is an expression of a person's feelings or beliefs that cannot be proven either right or wrong. It is also a subjective claim, which cannot be proved right or wrong by any generally accepted criteria

Therefore, no one’s opinion is “wrong” and claiming your opinion is right over someone else’s when it isn’t fact based is also incorrect.

Why not just agree to disagree?

#everydayisaschoolday

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 02 Mar 2022, 18:47

Blackbulltiger wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 18:18
I think we still have.

If had being playing well year before is opp i would agree with you but as being no form longer then that . Probley not had more then a handfull off good games for us .Intresting how you find other people opinion embarrising when so far they are correct think you be egg on face pal .
I’ve seen a few other posters try & explain to you that this forum is about opinions - more often than not, there is no right or wrong. Maybe have a think about that.

My opinion is that it’s embarrassing to condemn a player who:
- was injured all last season (and played with that injury)
- played only 7 games in that season
- has recently had a major (potentially career threatening) injury
- has played 240 minutes of competitive rugby so far this season in a losing team

You’re not qualified to judge whether my, or anyone else’s, opinion is correct or incorrect on this topic.

On the other hand, if I said JT was born in Brazil, you can say that I was wrong as that is factually incorrect.

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 02 Mar 2022, 21:41

SuffolkTiger wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 18:47
Blackbulltiger wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 18:18
I think we still have.

I’ve seen a few other posters try & explain to you that this forum is about opinions - more often than not, there is no right or wrong. Maybe have a think about that.

My opinion is that it’s embarrassing to condemn a player who:
- was injured all last season (and played with that injury)
- played only 7 games in that season
- has recently had a major (potentially career threatening) injury
- has played 240 minutes of competitive rugby so far this season in a losing team

You’re not qualified to judge whether my, or anyone else’s, opinion is correct or incorrect on this topic.

On the other hand, if I said JT was born in Brazil, you can say that I was wrong as that is factually incorrect.
Love to no what gives you the right to call other people embarrising your words .You must really thinck highly off your self comedy gold how you back poor fumper up all time if he said cas home kit was pink and white you back him up 🥰🥰😍

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 02 Mar 2022, 21:55

Oh dear. I’ll leave it there I think as you’re clearly not grasping it.

It’s becoming a little bit too Facebook/playground type stuff for me.

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 02 Mar 2022, 21:57

baldtiger wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 17:07 I think he will improve , its got to be hard coming back after major back surgery . He will be feeling his way in bit by bit time will tell I recon in another three or four games . I will hold my hand up for been wrong if not .
Absolutely true regarding set plays- players running challenging lines, shift in depth etc. There is literally nothing there.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Mar 2022, 18:56

Dennis Vazquez wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 21:57
Absolutely true regarding set plays- players running challenging lines, shift in depth etc. There is literally nothing there.
They must’ve been practising all week as both GOB and JT ran the ball well, especially GOB for his try and JT in committing defenders before firing out the decisive pass.