New stadium

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmania
Verified

Re: New stadium

Post by Casmania » 31 Dec 2021, 17:27

The Firm wrote: 31 Dec 2021, 16:54
yorkie1bn wrote: 31 Dec 2021, 12:13 why are Cas fans so obsessed with franchising its not going to happen been there before doesn't work i in sport in this country. Proved that last time just bankrupt's clubs and owners.
Why are they obsessed? Maybe because however much you want to bury your head in the sand licensing IS on its way back with a preliminary start date of the 2024 season. This is even mentioned in Wakeys planning application, the club know this and need to act. We already (as do Wakey) have to get dispensation to remain at WR every season and the RFL have made it clear that this us coming to an end VERY soon. We need to act immediately otherwise it will be second tier rugby for ever more or playing away from the town and we can’t say we weren’t warned. Improvements must be made, and i’m not talking a new toilet block and a lick of paint. We are talking a major renovation here and that isn’t going to come cheap.
Absolutely. Licencing is seen by many as the only way forward within the game.
It is seen as raising standards across the board. There are working groups on with this now, yes it may be framed as licensing directly, but it is pretty much the same thing.
I'm not saying it is the way forward, however it is definitely on the radar.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 31 Dec 2021, 17:33

yorkie1bn wrote: 31 Dec 2021, 12:13 why are Cas fans so obsessed with franchising its not going to happen been there before doesn't work i in sport in this country. Proved that last time just bankrupt's clubs and owners.
Why are they obsessed? Maybe because however much you want to bury your head in the sand licensing IS on its way back with a preliminary start date of the 2024 season. This is even mentioned in Wakeys planning application, the club know this and need to act. We already (as do Wakey) have to get dispensation to remain at WR every season and the RFL have made it clear that this us coming to an end VERY soon. We need to act immediately otherwise it will be second tier rugby for ever more or playing away from the town and we can’t say we weren’t warned. Improvements must be made, and i’m not talking a new toilet block and a lick of paint. We are talking a major renovation here and that isn’t going to come cheap.
Sorry I didn’t know it was a definite with a preliminary 2024 start date. I try to keep up with Rugby League news in the depths of the midlands but I’ve obviously missed something. Where can I find out more?

pat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pat » 31 Dec 2021, 17:42

My worry is a 10 team league with two french teams in it leaving only eight British based teams playing at the top level with probably no relegation for the french teams to keep them in the league. Also how can you get a international team from eight teams over here that’s full of over seas players anyway.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 31 Dec 2021, 18:04

pat wrote: 31 Dec 2021, 17:42 My worry is a 10 team league with two french teams in it leaving only eight British based teams playing at the top level with probably no relegation for the french teams to keep them in the league. Also how can you get a international team from eight teams over here that’s full of over seas players anyway.
You’re so right. It’s a complete nonsense if it works out like that

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 31 Dec 2021, 18:47

Casmania wrote: 31 Dec 2021, 17:27
Absolutely. Licencing is seen by many as the only way forward within the game.
It is seen as raising standards across the board. There are working groups on with this now, yes it may be framed as licensing directly, but it is pretty much the same thing.
I'm not saying it is the way forward, however it is definitely on the radar.
It may be an agenda which is held by a minority within the rfl but the influencing factor is who holds these beliefs- the CEO’s or the elite clubs.
Franchising secures their income streams. If you think any of the top clubs have a care for us, you’re being far too optimistic in my opinion.

With this prospect in mind, a full redevelopment needs to be put into play within the next 6 months. This can’t happen if we sit & wait for axiom. Start now & use them as them as a subsequent phase when they get their ducks in a row. If we can be creative with the £2m & redevelop the Wheldon Road end/railway end (& move home fans into here after we build a new kop there) & then build a new main stand as & when axiom are ready, we can be much better prepared when franchising returns.

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 31 Dec 2021, 18:50

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 31 Dec 2021, 18:04
pat wrote: 31 Dec 2021, 17:42 My worry is a 10 team league with two french teams in it leaving only eight British based teams playing at the top level with probably no relegation for the french teams to keep them in the league. Also how can you get a international team from eight teams over here that’s full of over seas players anyway.
You’re so right. It’s a complete nonsense if it works out like that
The big 5 don’t see the issue when the vast majority of players are picked from their club anyway. No club loses money because GB loses.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 01 Jan 2022, 09:31

i keep banging on about it, but the aussies have now got 17 teams in the NRL & our governing body is looking at 10 teams instead of upping it to 14, we already play each other two many times, now they want to bore us to death with the game we love, IDIOTS!

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 01 Jan 2022, 09:46

yorky wrote: 01 Jan 2022, 09:31
i keep banging on about it, but the aussies have now got 17 teams in the NRL & our governing body is looking at 10 teams instead of upping it to 14, we already play each other two many times, now they want to bore us to death with the game we love, IDIOTS!
All the noises coming from the RL presses suggests otherwise. I’m not supporting a 10 team system, just pointing out that it’s pretty much the only model being discussed & planned for in any meaningful way.
Totally agree about the fact it’ll reduce down to a state of boredom within a few years.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Jan 2022, 12:26

Nothing the RL comes up with should surprise anyone there the most useless corrupt sporting body I know just think back to Wigan knowingly been allowed to break the salary cup in a effort to keep them from being relegated and the Gateshead team been shipped to Hull... a team from Canada brought into the English league you could go on for ever with there hair brain schemes
I'd use the extra money to improve the facilities for the supporters and go from there rarther than worrying what idiot idea the RL is going to come up with
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 01 Jan 2022, 12:35

If Sky have any say in it we will always be in the top flight they love our matches on TV panning round a full stadium instead of empty seats you see in big soulless grounds

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 01 Jan 2022, 13:17

tigerfeat wrote: 01 Jan 2022, 12:26 Nothing the RL comes up with should surprise anyone there the most useless corrupt sporting body I know just think back to Wigan knowingly been allowed to break the salary cup in a effort to keep them from being relegated and the Gateshead team been shipped to Hull... a team from Canada brought into the English league you could go on for ever with there hair brain schemes
I'd use the extra money to improve the facilities for the supporters and go from there rarther than worrying what idiot idea the RL is going to come up with
Agreed. We need to get going with our own plans. If we use the WT climb down from a new stadium to a new main stand as a model, we’ve till got three sides which will need upgrading.
We need to start planning the upgrades of those other three sides & when axiom are ready, they add their contribution.
As I mentioned, a used stand (such as the new stand at Millmoor, Rotherham) would be the best next step. We can then build two relatively cheap modern stands, like those at the City of Salford stadium. When Axiom come back to us, they can build the ‘all singing’ main stand to complete the upgrade.
A substantial loan from the council, like WT were given, would be the least they can do in the spirit of neutrality & fairness.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 01 Jan 2022, 13:29

Your rate tigerfeat, the rfl are corrupt and only have the so called big teams in mind, as they are only puppets for the chairmen of the supposedly golden few. They don't realise that every club, no matter how big or small has a place in our game, and the sport wouldn't survive without them. I fear for the future of not only our club, but our sport as a whole while ever we have the same old same old ruining the game. Our club has to get the ball rolling as regarding our ground and make it impossible for our club to be left behind. Anyway, Happy New Year for the Year of the Tiger 🐯 COYF

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 01 Jan 2022, 18:31

Tigers1926 wrote: 01 Jan 2022, 13:29 Your rate tigerfeat, the rfl are corrupt and only have the so called big teams in mind, as they are only puppets for the chairmen of the supposedly golden few. They don't realise that every club, no matter how big or small has a place in our game, and the sport wouldn't survive without them. I fear for the future of not only our club, but our sport as a whole while ever we have the same old same old ruining the game. Our club has to get the ball rolling as regarding our ground and make it impossible for our club to be left behind. Anyway, Happy New Year for the Year of the Tiger 🐯 COYF
Exactly. After dancing to the tune of waystones & now axiom, we have to be the ones driving this forward. We can’t afford to sit around & wait for axiom as they will be at least 12 months from talking turkey.

pat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pat » 10 Jan 2022, 16:56

Wakefeild ground improvements gone upto 12 million according to today’s rl express

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 Jan 2022, 17:51

pat wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 16:56 Wakefeild ground improvements gone upto 12 million according to today’s rl express
add to that the £3.2 million loan they still have to pay back to WMDC that they used to buy the ground.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 11 Jan 2022, 08:41

lurcher wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 17:51
pat wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 16:56 Wakefeild ground improvements gone upto 12 million according to today’s rl express
add to that the £3.2 million loan they still have to pay back to WMDC that they used to buy the ground.
I couldn’t care less about any other club. WE need to act & act quickly. We could sit & wait for axiom, pointing out concerns in Wakefield’s development but that doesn’t advance our own position in anyway. Or, we could get cracking on our own plans, under our own steam.

The ground redevelopment will be more than a one sided build & if we assume axiom will eventually finance a main stand, we’re still going to have to redevelop the other three. Why not get going now? We should be looking at refurbished stands (like Millmoor) & basic covered standing area (like those at Salford).

Every moment we sit & extract the Michael from other clubs is a moment further back for the ambitions of our own club.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Jan 2022, 09:00

Wakefield have over 10 million to play with the 106 funding agreed or at least it's about to be agreed we are no where near there position at this moment in time
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 11 Jan 2022, 09:45

tigerfeat wrote: 11 Jan 2022, 09:00 Wakefield have over 10 million to play with the 106 funding agreed or at least it's about to be agreed we are no where near there position at this moment in time
Which is why we need to act now!
Start planning for what we’ll need & begin to resource it in terms of community partners, potential funding streams & possible private or public investment.
Axiom will be still working on their new plans for months, if not a year, which means we have time to get cracking on the three other sides.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 Jan 2022, 09:57

if the league did kick us out it would be very short sited young players get the RL bug by watching their heroes on the pitch and aspire to that Cas and district are strong in our local clubs there is an old saying cut the roots of a tree and it will die, saying all that we can expect anything from the RFL

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 11 Jan 2022, 10:00

Whatever league we end up in, it doesn’t change the fact that the ground isn’t fit for purpose in the modern game. There are non-league football teams with far better stadiums that either of the super league clubs in our district.