Friendly’s

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Friendly’s

Post by SuffolkTiger » 05 Jan 2022, 13:06

Swagger wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 12:54
Laner57 wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 19:33 Anti vaxxers should be made to pay their hospital costs. That might focus their tiny brains. It's selfishness and stupidity beyond belief.

Oh and just so we all know who they are I'd hang a bell round their necks so we can stay well clear.

Give over. Anti Vaxxers are probably safer at these events where they have to take a lateral flow before.... the covid passport for vaxxers means nothing. You can still carry and pass it on. Where as anti vaxxers go to these events knowing they don't have it.

Anti Vaxxers pay there own hospital costs..... its a matter of own choice.... people can do as they want. We as a country shouldn't force anone to do something they don't want to. Its not a legal requirement.

Before you say... I am vaccinated on the first 2 vaccines. But I am very happy to drink or go to a game with vaxxed and unvaxxed.
Perhaps a better way to look at this is to ask yourself the question….

After 2 years of misery, how do you think anyone working in the NHS feels about the high proportion of Covid sufferers in hospital consisting of people who have made the personal choice of not having had the required jabs?

It must be great for morale.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 05 Jan 2022, 13:23

SuffolkTiger wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 13:06
Swagger wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 12:54
Laner57 wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 19:33 Anti vaxxers should be made to pay their hospital costs. That might focus their tiny brains. It's selfishness and stupidity beyond belief.

Oh and just so we all know who they are I'd hang a bell round their necks so we can stay well clear.

Give over. Anti Vaxxers are probably safer at these events where they have to take a lateral flow before.... the covid passport for vaxxers means nothing. You can still carry and pass it on. Where as anti vaxxers go to these events knowing they don't have it.

Anti Vaxxers pay there own hospital costs..... its a matter of own choice.... people can do as they want. We as a country shouldn't force anone to do something they don't want to. Its not a legal requirement.

Before you say... I am vaccinated on the first 2 vaccines. But I am very happy to drink or go to a game with vaxxed and unvaxxed.
Perhaps a better way to look at this is to ask yourself the question….

After 2 years of misery, how do you think anyone working in the NHS feels about the high proportion of Covid sufferers in hospital consisting of people who have made the personal choice of not having had the required jabs?

It must be great for morale.
Not just unvaxxed end up in hospital though mate.

People make life choices everyday which could lead to hospitalisation... rugby players, sports players, people with wild hobbies, adrenaline junkies, obese people.... its down to personal choice which could all lead to needing hospital treatment.... should they have to pay for their own treatments? For choosing to do something dangerous?

Thats why we have the NHS... to help anyone who needs it.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 05 Jan 2022, 13:29

I would feel safer going to a covid passport event with an unvaxxed person who has tested negative within 48 hours rather than a vaxxed person who could be carrying it and passing it on and not even know.

But thats my choice and everyone had the right to have their own personal choices and it shouldn't change our rights.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 05 Jan 2022, 14:04

Boris says yesterday that 60% of people in hospital and needing ventilators have not had any jab and 90% hasn't had the booster.

Bearing in mind the amount of people jabbed. 60% is a massive amount. 70% of the population jabbed. 618 out of 883 of people on ventilators.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Jan 2022, 14:34

gateman wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 11:05
tigerfeat wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 10:48
gateman wrote: 03 Jan 2022, 15:48
tigerfeat wrote: 03 Jan 2022, 12:35
gateman wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 18:09 can you buy tickets at the shop or is it all on line for the York match ??
Think you have to buy them online I will go in the shop tomorrow and ask if you can buy them in the club shop or not
post how you go on mate
There's no tickets in the shop mate go on line and get one to be delivered to your house or if you've got a mobile get a E ticket he told me
thanks mate that as saved me a trail i will have to get my Son to do it i am not too savey with all this lot and i do not have a smart phone
Hay up mate yeah I'm same with internet...I sent a e-mail to York club see if you could pay on day they sent me a e-mail back saying Cas would have there allocation of tickets shortly so thanks to them for there prompt answer
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Jan 2022, 09:45

Anti Vaxers are in the minority but take up the most hospital beds, the rights and wrongs RE having the jab are plane to see

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 06 Jan 2022, 22:59

Swagger wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 13:29 I would feel safer going to a covid passport event with an unvaxxed person who has tested negative within 48 hours rather than a vaxxed person who could be carrying it and passing it on and not even know.

But thats my choice and everyone had the right to have their own personal choices and it shouldn't change our rights.
How about…. you’re stood next to someone in the supermarket who hasn’t had the required jabs. You contract Covid from them and unwittingly pass it on to your family.

If you were to somehow to find out that the “someone” caused you that grief had made the decision (against all medical advice) not have the jabs, would you be so supportive of the “it’s everyone’s personal choice” or would you then change your opinion to “it should be mandatory and anyone not having the jabs should be in lockdown”?

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 06 Jan 2022, 23:16

SuffolkTiger wrote: 06 Jan 2022, 22:59
Swagger wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 13:29 I would feel safer going to a covid passport event with an unvaxxed person who has tested negative within 48 hours rather than a vaxxed person who could be carrying it and passing it on and not even know.

How about…. you’re stood next to someone in the supermarket who hasn’t had the required jabs. You contract Covid from them and unwittingly pass it on to your family.

If you were to somehow to find out that the “someone” caused you that grief had made the decision (against all medical advice) not have the jabs, would you be so supportive of the “it’s everyone’s personal choice” or would you then change your opinion to “it should be mandatory and anyone not having the jabs should be in lockdown”?
Will always stick be its personal choice. I've had mine but if people don't feel comfortable having theirs than that is their choice.

Covid can be passed between the vaxxed and unvaxxed the exact same..... the only things the vaccine does is actually help prevent you getting severe side effects which isn't always the case. You can still carry it and pass it on.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 07 Jan 2022, 09:32

Don’t think anyone thinks that having or not having the jab shouldn’t be personal choice. It’s just that what you can or cannot do as a member of society having made that choice shouldn’t be up to left in individual hands, just like other things which cause a risk to others e.g. drink driving etc.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 07 Jan 2022, 11:03

Maybe people should foot their own medical expenses if your are treated for covid and haven't taken all reasonable steps to prevent the severe side effects.

Maybe take out a medicinal insurance policy? We take out life and serious illness insurance, why shouldn't we follow the holiday insurance rules.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 07 Jan 2022, 11:29

mart0042 wrote: 07 Jan 2022, 11:03 Maybe people should foot their own medical expenses if your are treated for covid and haven't taken all reasonable steps to prevent the severe side effects.

Maybe take out a medicinal insurance policy? We take out life and serious illness insurance, why shouldn't we follow the holiday insurance rules.
Maybe because we pay national insurance to cover the NHS.
If you can afford to, I don’t see why people don’t take personal insurance out.
Each to there own.
But there are folk out there who can’t afford personal insurance.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 07 Jan 2022, 12:44

old cas lass wrote: 07 Jan 2022, 11:29
mart0042 wrote: 07 Jan 2022, 11:03 Maybe people should foot their own medical expenses if your are treated for covid and haven't taken all reasonable steps to prevent the severe side effects.

Maybe because we pay national insurance to cover the NHS.
If you can afford to, I don’t see why people don’t take personal insurance out.
Each to there own.
But there are folk out there who can’t afford personal insurance.
I appreciate that it can be expensive but with less than 900 on ventilators out of an 80m population, the chances are pretty slim your ever need it. In that case it would be cheap. Some insurance companies are adding covid insurance free with their travel insurance.

In relation to the NHS, there are a lot of people that have never put a penny in but expect free medical. I appreciate that some are ill and will only ever take out but there's more that aren't and live off the handouts, smoking, drinking and watching sky TV. But that's another issue.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 07 Jan 2022, 12:56

when i hear one in fifteen have covid mentioned i wonder how they come to that number 70/80 million people in the country daily cases as now 150.000 to 200,000

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Jan 2022, 13:01

67.22 million people in the UK (2020) would mean 4,481,333 have Covid. Must mean people who have it unknowingly, based on confirmed positive cases.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 07 Jan 2022, 21:17

I'll ask again, what has covid got to do with friendlies on a professional sports clubs forum? Shouldn't it have its own section on the forum?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Jan 2022, 21:22

Given Covid is probably the biggest threat at present to the existence of our club, in my opinion, it is very relevant.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 07 Jan 2022, 22:28

The topic is "Friendlies" not covid, and I think covid and the effects on our club have been the subject in the past. This time it seems to be about questioning peoples choice etc, and hanging bells around peoples necks.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Jan 2022, 08:22

Tigers1926 wrote: 07 Jan 2022, 22:28 The topic is "Friendlies" not covid, and I think covid and the effects on our club have been the subject in the past. This time it seems to be about questioning peoples choice etc, and hanging bells around peoples necks.
I believe it's called thread drift ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 08 Jan 2022, 19:43

It's a rate drift then 😳