New stadium

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: New stadium

Post by mart0042 » 17 Dec 2021, 10:56

The wakey planning is great news for them but you note the signing of a s106, which is what have (for the negative Nelly's on here). Meaning the Newmarket plot 8 can't open until the wakey work is completed.

So it shows the strength of our ground commitments.

We now have to wait for Axiom, I presume, to submit plans for the Glassoughton site along with our plans for our ground upgrade.

Hopefully it makes for a good Christmas and New year!

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 17 Dec 2021, 11:45

mart0042 wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 10:56 The wakey planning is great news for them but you note the signing of a s106, which is what have (for the negative Nelly's on here). Meaning the Newmarket plot 8 can't open until the wakey work is completed.

So it shows the strength of our ground commitments.

We now have to wait for Axiom, I presume, to submit plans for the Glassoughton site along with our plans for our ground upgrade.

Hopefully it makes for a good Christmas and New year!
Not till the ground is completed mate, copied from RL fans

Paragraph from the latest documents.
I don’t know how long the delivery plan will take

A set of Planning Obligations are proposed to be included within a legal agreement Under Section 106 of the Act which would be signed by both Spirit of 1873 (The Club) and Newmarket Lane Ltd and would require the £8.8m contribution to be made within 1 week of the approval of a Delivery Plan for the stadium improvement project. A further (negatively framed) planning obligation would bar Newmarket Lane Ltd from commencing the warehouse development until both the approval of the Delivery Plan and the payment of the contribution.
HTH.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 18 Dec 2021, 00:00

It's just as I've stated. There will be a s106 which means that both must be delivered. How long that takes is unknown but you'd gather Newmarket wouldn't enter into it unless they got something. Thus the ground upgrade for the proposed building.

I'm backing you Jin jer on this one. I can't see why they would sign any agreement unless they are gaining. Unless it's null and void if wakey don't come up with the money to build. But why would you agree agreed to such?

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 18 Dec 2021, 11:20

mart0042 wrote: 18 Dec 2021, 00:00 It's just as I've stated. There will be a s106 which means that both must be delivered. How long that takes is unknown but you'd gather Newmarket wouldn't enter into it unless they got something. Thus the ground upgrade for the proposed building.

I'm backing you Jin jer on this one. I can't see why they would sign any agreement unless they are gaining. Unless it's null and void if wakey don't come up with the money to build. But why would you agree agreed to such?
To be honest I’ve been worn down by it all. I was involved with SWAG so took it all seriously, now I just read the headlines and walk round with my fingers crossed.🤣

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 20 Dec 2021, 11:02

JIN JER wrote: 18 Dec 2021, 11:20
mart0042 wrote: 18 Dec 2021, 00:00 It's just as I've stated. There will be a s106 which means that both must be delivered. How long that takes is unknown but you'd gather Newmarket wouldn't enter into it unless they got something. Thus the ground upgrade for the proposed building.

To be honest I’ve been worn down by it all. I was involved with SWAG so took it all seriously, now I just read the headlines and walk round with my fingers crossed.🤣
That's certainly the most of us on here. It does look like you've got all your ducks lined up though. Newmarket must really want to build on that land to agree the s106. It would make no sense to do this and pull out.

I hope it works out for both of us and we can keep being rivals in super League, rather than the championship where I think they'd rather us both to be playing.

Happy Christmas and New year!

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 20 Dec 2021, 12:48

mart0042 wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 11:02
JIN JER wrote: 18 Dec 2021, 11:20

That's certainly the most of us on here. It does look like you've got all your ducks lined up though. Newmarket must really want to build on that land to agree the s106. It would make no sense to do this and pull out.

I hope it works out for both of us and we can keep being rivals in super League, rather than the championship where I think they'd rather us both to be playing.

Happy Christmas and New year!
Happy Christmas and NY to your good self.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Dec 2021, 23:31

just wondering. so if we get money from axiom for the s106 agreement instead of the new ground could we also get more money if another planning application came from some one else for another one that also carried a s106?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Dec 2021, 13:13

I should imagine that if that is on additional development there will be additional infrastructure that needs funding particularly if it’s for residential ( e.g. schools, medical, policing, the list goes on.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Dec 2021, 15:29

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 13:13 I should imagine that if that is on additional development there will be additional infrastructure that needs funding particularly if it’s for residential ( e.g. schools, medical, policing, the list goes on.
i dont think so mate over here in Normanton thousands of houses built with nothing done RE infrastructure

pat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pat » 29 Dec 2021, 16:21

Suppose we will have to Waite to see how much we are getting from axiom before they put any plans in.so it could be a long Waite.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Dec 2021, 17:07

gateman wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 15:29
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 13:13 I should imagine that if that is on additional development there will be additional infrastructure that needs funding particularly if it’s for residential ( e.g. schools, medical, policing, the list goes on.
i dont think so mate over here in Normanton thousands of houses built with nothing done RE infrastructure
This is Green Belt though so I’d be amazed if there isn’t a chunk of money attached and if it’s residential they will have a whole raft of agencies putting in bids for how it should be spent

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 29 Dec 2021, 17:26

Don't hold your breath it'll be years before we do owt.

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 29 Dec 2021, 17:43

lurcher wrote: 28 Dec 2021, 23:31 just wondering. so if we get money from axiom for the s106 agreement instead of the new ground could we also get more money if another planning application came from some one else for another one that also carried a s106?
That would mean finding another development, which has special planning considerations (like being built on green belt land), getting the developer onboard with the club & taking the application through the planning procedure- that can take upwards of ten years as both clubs well know.

To have two developers (Axiom & Yorkcourt), which both need this special justification, has been very fortuitous & nobody should assume another will come along anytime soon.

Axiom won’t agree until they have new plans & projections for income. Things will only move at the pace Axiom set & they will only move as & when the market dictates. To get plans for a new stand passed alone would be a 12 month process & that’s if plans are in clubs hands today, which they’re not. The board won’t be able to properly engage with architects until they have a fixed sum agreed & Axiom won’t sign off until their ducks are in a row so to speak.

This could be a long drawn out affair.

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Post by cvtiger » 29 Dec 2021, 21:19

‘could’?
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 29 Dec 2021, 21:32

The biggest motivating factoring is the reemergence of franchising. This is a very real possibility & something that will carry no weight at all with developers.

Cas should have been opposing the development at BV on any issue possible in a hope that both developments would eventually happen at the same time. Wakefield have a multi phase development lined up & the BOD will have a hard time persuading SL of their merits if they’re left behind by the plans at BV. Architectural diagrams & promises won’t cut it this time.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 30 Dec 2021, 13:04

BloodMoonRising22UK wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 21:32 The biggest motivating factoring is the reemergence of franchising. This is a very real possibility & something that will carry no weight at all with developers.

Cas should have been opposing the development at BV on any issue possible in a hope that both developments would eventually happen at the same time. Wakefield have a multi phase development lined up & the BOD will have a hard time persuading SL of their merits if they’re left behind by the plans at BV. Architectural diagrams & promises won’t cut it this time.
And what grounds do we have to object on ? Objecting at the fact it potentially puts them in a stronger position than us if franchising is reintroduced will be laughed off the table.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 30 Dec 2021, 13:25

Now isn't the time to oppose unless there's a good reason behind it.

We are getting the 2m wakey got and so are Fev. The council have backed the Newmarket plans only after they agreed to the s106. We are not being treated differently.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 30 Dec 2021, 13:46

In relation to franchising, there are so many factors and the facilities are but one.

Our junior set up is good now and we can show that with his many have played first team. It will get better under Radford.

Our history is good, better than all bar a few. With final appearances in recent memory, in all competitions.

Our finances are outstanding and we spend the cap.

We are one of the best teams to watch. We are wanted on TV and they pay the money.

Facilities aren't good but it won't take much to get us up to speed. Fans like coming for the atmosphere, it pulls a lot of weight.

Barring the ground, why would Huddersfield get the green light in front of us? Same with Hull kr, Salford, wakey.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 30 Dec 2021, 13:55

I think all this talk of franchising at the moment is scaremongering. There’s no appetite for it other than from a handful of clubs. With the state of the economy it’s all about survival and our finances appear to be much healthier than most.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 30 Dec 2021, 15:03

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 17:07
gateman wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 15:29
This is Green Belt though so I’d be amazed if there isn’t a chunk of money attached and if it’s residential they will have a whole raft of agencies putting in bids for how it should be spent
don't know about this type of thing but what if the developer wanted the S106 money to go to cas. does he have a say?
jo brand is eddie warings love child