Covid strikes.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Dec 2021, 21:50

And if he would of waited, leading to more deaths….

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 25 Dec 2021, 22:20

Just look at the stats deaths by this variant v deaths by suicide from loosing jobs self isolating etc. What about deaths by flu do we need to self isolate incase of that aswell. Even if you have the jab you can still catch it and pass it on. This is now telling people what to do without free choice. What next you must have a micro chip inserted into your body.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Dec 2021, 22:42

Isn’t deaths from omicron really low? What are the numbers of deaths by other causes, please share as I am interested.

Yes, with one, two, even three jabs, you can still catch the virus. The medical experts don’t dispute that. What is fact is that the outcome of catching the virus with no vaccination versus catching the virus with some or all vaccinations is completely different. I know which side of the fence I’m sitting on. Yes, it’s free choice. However, why should I, or my loved ones, be put at risk for standing next to someone who isn’t vaccinated out on the street? Aren’t they impacting my choice to stay healthy by being vaccinated?

One last point…. You don’t need a micro chip inserted when carrying a smartphone. If government wanted to track you, they’d do so through that. Does that mean people are suddenly going to start going back to a Nokia 3310?

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 25 Dec 2021, 22:55

Your missing my point, what a surprise Dumper. If a Government can make you get a jab now they can make you do other things further down the line. Yes I know a mobile phone tracks you already Mr Einstein.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Dec 2021, 22:59

What is your point? You’ve said as lot without saying nothing at all.

My point is that the government cannot “make” you get a jab though, it’s all voluntary. Surely the almost 52,000,000 who’ve had at least one jab can’t all be wrong?

camancman

Post by camancman » 26 Dec 2021, 00:19

At this stage, if people have been convinced by the social media experts that the jab is a bad idea, then they will not change their mind now. Maybe the only time they will take the risk to have the vaccine is when they can't go to benidorm for a plate of of chips and a pint of Tetleys!!
On a serious note it may be worth obtaining the figures for people being admitted to hospital who have had a vaccine set against the ones admitted who haven't had the vaccine.....Maybe that may convince people. Maybe my optimism is ill founded.!!! What I do know is they will find a cure for covid before they find a cure for stupidity!!!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 26 Dec 2021, 01:31

westerbeast73 wrote: 25 Dec 2021, 22:20 Just look at the stats deaths by this variant v deaths by suicide from loosing jobs self isolating etc. What about deaths by flu do we need to self isolate incase of that aswell. Even if you have the jab you can still catch it and pass it on. This is now telling people what to do without free choice. What next you must have a micro chip inserted into your body.
Oh dear….

It’s like this: what the individuals who refuse to get a jab (and/or refuse to wear a mask when required) fail to see is that they are part of the problem. It’s an emotional intelligence thing.

Until we get to the right side of the pandemic we all need to do our bit and minimise the risk to ourselves and those we come into contact with.

I detest wearing a mask but I do it out of respect to others. If you see it any other way - you’re getting it wrong. It negatively impacts others (especially the elderly & vulnerable) if you think you can just ignore those guidelines or (more likely) just can’t bothered or are too lazy to stick a mask on. Do the right thing. Be part of the solution. It should be mandatory.

While being jabbed remains a personal choice, this should be augmented with a set of things you can’t do if not jabbed. This involves mixing with others outside of your household. You can’t have your cake and eat it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Dec 2021, 02:40

That's what will start to happen next year it will be mandatory to have the jab unless there's a medical reason for you not to have it if you still refuse to have it you will have to live the life of a hermit
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 26 Dec 2021, 08:39

people who are against a Covid jab will have had jabs before when they were children to stop other conditions i honestly can not see were they are coming from

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Dec 2021, 09:19

gateman wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 08:39 people who are against a Covid jab will have had jabs before when they were children to stop other conditions i honestly can not see were they are coming from
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

So ironic, isn’t it? They would also of had vaccinations to visit certain countries

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 26 Dec 2021, 11:25

Just to set the record straight I've had 2 jabs and wear a mask when needed. My problem this time is they had people quing around the block before they even new what effect this new variant was like. Even though medical experts in the Country it came from said it was milder. There's more to that than wanting to help people. Wanting to help comosnies like pfizer etc and getting back handlers along the way
Anyway have a happy circuit breaker New Year.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Dec 2021, 13:04

gateman wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 08:39 people who are against a Covid jab will have had jabs before when they were children to stop other conditions i honestly can not see were they are coming from
That’s so true gateman.
Did our parents know anything about what was in the vaccine…….no of cause they didn’t. They just accepted it.
TB eradicated.
Measles, eradicated.
Mumps, hardly any cases.
Meningitis, hardly any cases.

We’ve all had or allowed our kids to have all these jabs.
Plus boosters.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 26 Dec 2021, 13:18

old cas lass wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 13:04
That’s so true gateman.
Did our parents know anything about what was in the vaccine…….no of cause they didn’t. They just accepted it.
TB eradicated.
Measles, eradicated.
Mumps, hardly any cases.

Plus boosters.
Yes but you had to give your permission for it to happen. Many people are pushing for the jab to be forced onto people who dont want it for one reason or another. That's the big difference here.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Dec 2021, 14:00

westerbeast73 wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 13:18
old cas lass wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 13:04
That’s so true gateman.
TB eradicated.
Measles, eradicated.
Mumps, hardly any cases.

Plus boosters.
Yes but you had to give your permission for it to happen. Many people are pushing for the jab to be forced onto people who dont want it for one reason or another. That's the big difference here.
Covid jab is your own chose.
It’s not forced on anyone.
Yes, you might not be able to go to certain countries or restaurants.
Personally I don’t agree with that.
When an unjabbed person becomes ill and hospitalised and in a ventilator that’s the time it will hit home.
While unvaxed are staying healthy which is happening, they’ll think they are immune and untouchable.
When it hits home they’ll think twice.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 26 Dec 2021, 14:17

It will become the case that if your not jabbed you wont be able to go anywhere at all. Pubs, clubs, holidays, restaurants and sports/music events. So even though its not a direct order to have it you wont have a normal life if you dont. Then once the government have people following this what will be next on the table. That's my worry, freedom of choice will be gone.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Dec 2021, 14:56

Freedom of choice will not be gone.

Choice A - have the vaccine and participated in society

Choice B - don’t have the vaccine and don’t participate in society

That, in my opinion, is a choice. Might not be ideal but it is still a choice that people are FREE to make.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 26 Dec 2021, 15:02

Fumper27 wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 14:56 Freedom of choice will not be gone.

That, in my opinion, is a choice. Might not be ideal but it is still a choice that people are FREE to make.
Yes and that type of choice will lead to high suicide rates. Not much of a choice at all is it really.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Dec 2021, 15:11

Theve apparently started knocking on the doors of the 5million that have not had a jab from the 15th to the 21st of December people having there first jab rose nearly 50 % to over 220,000 people having there first jab
I think it was in tests they did down south but with that success I read there thinking of making it nationwide now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 26 Dec 2021, 15:21

Would imagine you can still refuse it though even if they knock. Then there will be a list of anti vaxers to go at in the future.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Dec 2021, 15:21

westerbeast73 wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 15:02

Yes and that type of choice will lead to high suicide rates. Not much of a choice at all is it really.
Which medical publication is that link printed in?