Peachy moves on (lone)

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Peachy moves on (lone)

Post by old cas lass » 14 Dec 2021, 17:32

Should say loan.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 14 Dec 2021, 17:32

No loss

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Dec 2021, 18:28

Agree. Never been impressed by Lewis when he’s played.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Dec 2021, 20:35

big lad young for the position he plays it will not hurt him to get game time week in and week out, will he make it well is up to Lewis

Kip Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kip Tiger » 14 Dec 2021, 21:51

Can someone explain the point of the Reserve Grade if lads like Lewis still go out on loan. Maybe I've missed something 🤔

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 14 Dec 2021, 22:54

Kip Tiger wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 21:51 Can someone explain the point of the Reserve Grade if lads like Lewis still go out on loan. Maybe I've missed something 🤔
I will give you my attempt at explaining. Reserves is a great concept if all the proposed participants fully subscribe to it. On the evidence of the previous attempt this was not always the case. Non playing League 1 players and local amateurs were often dragged in at the last minute without any collective training sessions. Thus the scarce talented on the books player was then contractually forced to join the group and travel to places like London for a right good thumping. This does not develop any player. SO people like Peachey need testing in a better environment to truthfully see if they are up to it. The Championship will be full on this year and I for one cannot wait to see it commence.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Dec 2021, 08:54

That's right it's not going to work if you have two teams playing by the spirit of the thing and the rest sending there players out on loan that's what happened before and it looks like that's what will happen again
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Dec 2021, 09:39

if they start raiding our local clubs it is going to make it hard for them to field a team young men are not as eager to play our sport as they were the nationelisd industrys and the council used to keep them on when they were injured not so the firms today

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 15 Dec 2021, 10:21

Maybe but a lot of companies are going to have to learn to be more flexible. There’s a lot more jobs than people currently

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Dec 2021, 12:28

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 15 Dec 2021, 10:21 Maybe but a lot of companies are going to have to learn to be more flexible. There’s a lot more jobs than people currently
that may be the case mate in years to come

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 15 Dec 2021, 13:09

i haven't seen too much of the lad myself but i do know he was very highly rated by powell.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 15 Dec 2021, 13:36

gateman wrote: 15 Dec 2021, 09:39 if they start raiding our local clubs it is going to make it hard for them to field a team young men are not as eager to play our sport as they were the nationelisd industrys and the council used to keep them on when they were injured not so the firms today
Whilst I agree with your point Gateman, this is only a small part of the story, having played and coached and generally been involved in the amateur game at open age and junior level for the last 25 years, I would say that from my own viewpoint watching the mens amateur RL contract year on year at an open age level, the desire for young men to play the sport each Saturday be that winter or summer (which is a whole other debate) is massively diminished, I dont think RL is alone in this but its a sport at amateur open age level that has suffered particularly badly.

On a brighter note the amateur game continues to thrive at junior level, if I was being cynical I would suggest that this is all the RFL cares about as this is where they get the players from to fill the academies and they have little to no interest in open age amateur RL, and certainly zero interest in anything outside of the national conference. As bad as BARLA could be, the game has certainly suffered at an open age level without them, whether they would/could have done anything differently to avert the huge reduction in participation levels at open age mens RL is again another debate.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Dec 2021, 16:08

westyorkylad wrote: 15 Dec 2021, 13:36
gateman wrote: 15 Dec 2021, 09:39 if they start raiding our local clubs it is going to make it hard for them to field a team young men are not as eager to play our sport as they were the nationelisd industrys and the council used to keep them on when they were injured not so the firms today
Whilst I agree with your point Gateman, this is only a small part of the story, having played and coached and generally been involved in the amateur game at open age and junior level for the last 25 years, I would say that from my own viewpoint watching the mens amateur RL contract year on year at an open age level, the desire for young men to play the sport each Saturday be that winter or summer (which is a whole other debate) is massively diminished, I dont think RL is alone in this but its a sport at amateur open age level that has suffered particularly badly.

On a brighter note the amateur game continues to thrive at junior level, if I was being cynical I would suggest that this is all the RFL cares about as this is where they get the players from to fill the academies and they have little to no interest in open age amateur RL, and certainly zero interest in anything outside of the national conference. As bad as BARLA could be, the game has certainly suffered at an open age level without them, whether they would/could have done anything differently to avert the huge reduction in participation levels at open age mens RL is again another debate.
like you mate i have watched the amateur game and been involved doing anything i can to help the game i love for as many years as i can remember i was such a crap player if 13 turned up i was left out you are right about the junior level over at Normanton we had 17 teams at my last count shame when the lads get over 16 their love the game seems to drop

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 16 Dec 2021, 13:34

gateman wrote: 15 Dec 2021, 16:08
westyorkylad wrote: 15 Dec 2021, 13:36

like you mate i have watched the amateur game and been involved doing anything i can to help the game i love for as many years as i can remember i was such a crap player if 13 turned up i was left out you are right about the junior level over at Normanton we had 17 teams at my last count shame when the lads get over 16 their love the game seems to drop
We have much in common old timer, including our similar skill levels in the game lol :D

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 16 Dec 2021, 14:23

Good move for him they wont be no reserve league next season.

We will be lucky to see 12 1st team games never mind reserves.

Boris will see to that.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Dec 2021, 16:23

You sound like Chris (Doomsday is about to hit us ) Whittey...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Dec 2021, 17:40

tigerfeat wrote: 16 Dec 2021, 16:23 You sound like Chris (Doomsday is about to hit us ) Whittey...
T thought the same